Multiple attackers.

K-1Dork

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just read in another thread a guy say," No style is effective against multiple attackers." Personally I think thats BS. You mean to tell me that training to fight everyday, along with all the conditioning and strength training that goes along with being a competitive fighter, doesnt prepare one to take on, at the least, 2 wanna be tough guys, who never train and probably smoke and drink regularly? " No style is effective against multiple attackers," BULL! What the hell do we train for then people?

The best defense against multiple attackers:

thumb_99010L.jpg

Hey srry bahhdy but no style is DESIGNED 2 take on multiple attackers. Trying to block 4 succesive punches from one crazed drunken outta shape ahole is tuff but from 2 or three it becomes even harder, however if u are faced with such a deperate fight remember 4 things.

1. Position urself so u can only be attacked by one person at a time. DON'T GO DOWN
2. Be agressive, attack and hit as hard and as fast as u can take out the strongest first.
3. FIGHT TO WIN, A.K.A FIGHT DIRTY, Nothing solves a confrontation quite as nicely as a good old fashion shot to the nuts. Or a direct hit to the knee or throat, a few standing joint-locks are nice. Boken bones end a fight pretty quickly
4. When u can run, always run from an odd man situation. One lucky blow can stunn u and lead to a world or hurtin

Remember us people train to fight competivly 1on1 in a safe controlled enviroment where things like weapons, cheapshots and our lives aren't on the line

Krav Maga is designed around being able to handle multiple attackers. The focus is on delivering a few strikes and then clinching. Once you clinch you rain knees on one guy, while swinging him around and using him as a shield to protect yourself against others. If he falls you kick him in the face and stay close so you can circle around him and keep other attackers from jumping over him to get you.

It seemed pretty effective during drills.

darnok said:
Krav Maga is designed around being able to handle multiple attackers. The focus is on delivering a few strikes and then clinching. Once you clinch you rain knees on one guy, while swinging him around and using him as a shield to protect yourself against others. If he falls you kick him in the face and stay close so you can circle around him and keep other attackers from jumping over him to get you.

It seemed pretty effective during drills.
If you're aganst more than, say, 3 people, would it not be difficult to keep one person between you and all your opponents?

I imagine thats how it should work, but I'd put the money on the multiple attackers.

dude if u dont have a weapon and they are 16 and older, do ur best to run and get help believe me its preaty hard fighting more than 2 mo**** fo****s at the same time, if cant run when fighting try to put ur fingers in their eyes to f**k up their vission (try acting crazy while fighting, but dont fight crazy).

darnok said:
. Once you clinch you rain knees on one guy, while swinging him around and using him as a shield to protect yourself against others.
Im a big proponent of the human shield when dealing with multiple attackers. Grab the weakest one and RNC him, put your back to a wall and use him as a human shield/hostage.

fedor#1fan said:
dude if u dont have a weapon and they are 16 and older, do ur best to run and get help believe me its preaty hard fighting more than 2 mo**** fo****s at the same time, if cant run when fighting try to put ur fingers in their eyes to f**k up their vission (try acting crazy while fighting, but dont fight crazy).
Man, im gonna have to disagree. If youre a guy who trains regularly, why should beating up a couple of guys be that hard? Excluding weapons of course. Even with weapons, excluding guns, ide pick an Escrima guy with a weapon over two punks with weapons any day. Maybe its just me, but I have little respect for the fighting ability of those who do not train. Not to tute my own horn, but I have personally beaten up 2 guys that tried to jump me. I have also witnessed friends of mine, hold their own against 3-4 guys.

K-1Dork said:
I just read in another thread a guy say," No style is effective against multiple attackers." Personally I think thats BS. You mean to tell me that training to fight everyday, along with all the conditioning and strength training that goes along with being a competitive fighter, doesnt prepare one to take on, at the least, 2 wanna be tough guys, who never train and probably smoke and drink regularly? " No style is effective against multiple attackers," BULL! What the hell do we train for then people?

Actually I agree with the statement. No style is REALLY effective against multiple attackers, atleast not as effective as it would against a single attacker.

But there are some styles that are more effective against multiple attackers than others, some are 100% useless.

Ignoring King Kabukis sensible suggestion,what a lot of people don't seem to realise is that a 2 or 3 on 1 situation isnt like you see in the movies guys.What is the norm is that one guy will engage you in conversation/threaten you.Whilst you are occupied by this arsehole his mate/friend will blindside you and attack violently,then the other guy will join in too_Often it isnt the guy being mouthy that is the problem but his quiet mate.

Or they will just walk up near to you and attack,often people dont even realise that they are in a fight until its over.

K-1Dork said:
Man, im gonna have to disagree. If youre a guy who trains regularly, why should beating up a couple of guys be that hard? Excluding weapons of course. Even with weapons, excluding guns, ide pick an Escrima guy with a weapon over two punks with weapons any day. Maybe its just me, but I have little respect for the fighting ability of those who do not train. Not to tute my own horn, but I have personally beaten up 2 guys that tried to jump me. I have also witnessed friends of mine, hold their own against 3-4 guys.

I'm with you on this. I've also taken on (not by choice) two untrained guys and won with just boxing. I also remember watching a programme about an australian ex-pro boxer who tours around with his travelling fair. His 'thing' is to invite two members of the audience into the ring with him and glove up. They then just attack him and he 'lightly' defends himself. They can't even lay a glove on him! The good ones he actually offers to take on board and train them to do exhibition bouts in his fair.
The difference between a decent trained fighter and a non-trained average guy is amazing to say the least. So a fighter can be the match or better for even two non-trained guys.

thats simply nonsesne to say no style is effective against multiple attackers.... ive only had the situation occure once, it was 3v1 and all the guys were piss drunk so it really wasnt a bad fight. I practice to use weapons if at all possible in a street fight, especially when outnumbered. Why fistfight a group when you can even the odds with a rock,brick, 2x4 ect. my problem with most "Styles" is thye do not teach you to be resourcfull and effecient. I practice every technique i can find and ditch the ones that arent practical for me. For instance im not going to try to throw a guy i cant even fit my arms around, your more likelly to end up in his hold if you do this. i found it best when fightng groups to go for the most devestating/easy to use strikes you can. my favorites are straite blast, eye gouges, ear/grion slaps, and good old strait leads, hooks,crosses. If you can screw up there senses or put them on the defense it ends the fight alot faster. grapples are really usless in a group situation unless they are very fast judo throws and such. If you go to the ground with one guy his buddies will just turn your body into there doormat. hope this helps out

K-1Dork said:

I'm the one that said that. I believe what I said was that the best thing to do was take the element of surprise and hit the first two hard and run like hell. I've actually had students who people tried to mug and this is exactly what they did.

Look we practice three on one sparring ourselves. The idea is exactly what you guys have talked about (only fight one at a time, move, if you're bigger clinch one and swing him into others). But we also understand the reality of it. We practice it, but we aren't 'effective' at it. Certainly not effective enough that I wouldn't elect to run like hell if I was confronted with such a situation.

I've had people who take Krav Maga tell me they practice full contact with one guy sparring against the whole class. Please! How stupid do they think I am? They actually expect me to believe they spar like 5 people when they can haul off and front kick them with everything they got in the ribs? If that is the case then I have to say their techniques suck, because I can drop a guy with one kick if I catch them right and I can definitely be dropped if I eat one .

I should also add there are plenty of examples of a competitive and athletic guy beating down two are three people, especially if they are bigger than all the guys they are fighting. But when you throw in the chance of being knifed, hit with something big and heavy, etc, etc...

It just isn't worth the risk.

Someone on here sounds like they want to prove they are a tough guy. This isn't Power Rangers where the bad guys will wait for you to hit them. Either two will grab you from behind so the other guy will tee off on or a guy will bash you in the head from behind. No training in a dojo can ever fully prepare you for the street and multiple opponents.

Bas Rutten on his Lethal Street Defense DVD would disagree with you!

He tells stories of being a bouncer and showing how to take on 7 people on at once. And he has good points on defending vs. multiple attackers

MaxPow said:
Actually I agree with the statement. No style is REALLY effective against multiple attackers, atleast not as effective as it would against a single attacker.

But there are some styles that are more effective against multiple attackers than others, some are 100% useless.

I wouldnt and havent run from 2 chumps personally - not alot of respect either for ppl who dont train. all they throw is haymakers. Avoid, and BAM.

Agreed some techinques work against multiple attacks. BJJ is better 1 on 1, but tough to use on ground or concrete with many attackers...... because i aint taking u down for a kneebar while your friend stomps my head in.

I used to work alot of 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 in my TKD classes. U get better at seeing punches / kicks and being able to line ppl up. Its a great technique to only have 1 in front o fyou and the other person behind them. Or split the attackers.... Either way on the street its do or die, cuz if you try to fuk up 2 ppl and they get ahold of you, ur in a world of pain.

EDIT - KRAV- UR RIGHT - BAS' VIDEO WAS EXCELLENT IVE WATCHED IT ALOT.

BTW FEDOR #1 FAN STOP POSTWHORING. LEARN to use the edit button instead of putting 3 consecutive stupid posts.

The most important thing in multiple attacker scenarios is "Stacking" your opponents.

If 2 people are coming at you, move so they are coming at you from the same direction, ideal is to have them in a line. This way you can deal with the attackers one at a time.

Aikido uses this principle.

Back