Crime Multiple Taco Bell locations in Oakland have closed dining rooms because of crime concerns other restaurants have left city.

Oakland was a shithole 10 years ago, now its about 100x worse. I've been to countless A's & Raiders games and it's exponentially gotten worse. The last, and final time I ever rode Bart to an A's game...........on the way to the game there was a drugged out, near death looking guy rolling around in pain a couple rows down ahead of us, covered in sores. Yes, people have sat on random needles. After the game, my girl was asleep and the other couple we went with were asleep across from us, I was the only one awake. These two young guys came onto our train and asked me for money, I said no, one of them said oh so you can afford that brand new jersey but you can't give me money. I just ignored him and luckily they moved on. Little did he know, I bought the jersey (Dennis Eckersley throwback jersey) from my buddy for $20 because his ex gave it to him and he didn't want it anymore!

Last edited:
I'm under the impression Taco Bell was mainly a takeout place at this point. While they had physical dining rooms I don't think many people have been sitting and eating in taco bell for awhile. A common scene in taco bell is the counter packed with people waiting for their food and the resturant area being completley deserted.

In which case even a few robberies would justify this decision. Opposed to you know customers being so "bad".

I'm under the impression Taco Bell was mainly a takeout place at this point. While they had physical dining rooms I don't think many people have been sitting and eating in taco bell for awhile. A common scene in taco bell is the counter packed with people waiting for their food and the resturant area being completley deserted.

In which case even a few robberies would justify this decision. Opposed to you know customers being so "bad".
The Taco Bells near me almost always have people eating at a third or more of their tables, and get pretty packed at lunch time.

Back