Economy Oakland's Only In-N-Out Restaurant Closed Down For Good Due to Crimes.

Disinvestment makes crime-ridden areas worse, not better. The idea that a community needs to "deserve" investment is an absurdity that perpetuates multiple types of discrimination. Personally I'd rather it not be this way, but businesses have a lot more pull with alleviating these sorts of problems than people putting forth ideologies.

Oakland had a program that reduced violent crime (particularly firearm murders) by like 43%. That program was gutted over time and there aren't tons of high-power people attempting to leverage the revitalisation of such programs and initiatives that have had historical success. Oakland crime was worse at some points in the 80's and 90's, as well as around 2012 when the program began.

The highest I've ever seen Oakland on any list of most dangerous cities was 11th, with the majority of the top 10 being in the South. But Oakland sure gets a ton of media attention as opposed to all those other cities, including more dangerous cities in Cali by certain metrics.

I'm with you bro. Some of these nut jobs out there got this crazy idea that maybe if the community stopped committing crimes the businesses wouldn't leave. But we know these businesses out there forcing good people to be criminals through no fault of their own.

If these businesses would just stick around and let me keep taking all their stuff, I wouldn't have to go out and commit all these crimes stealing my stuff from somewhere else now would I.

We can never have a good, safe big city in America. If a city becomes big and rich, diversity will move in to vote in someone of their color to approve more welfare, defund the police, and that city will become another San Francisco or Oakland within a generation.
It's tragic. I'm happier for leaving the Bay Area beyond belief but SF's Chinatown was somewhere I used to love visiting. And I loved going to Fox Theatre to see metal shows. It's such a shame both cities have ended up like this and I really feel for Asians in Chinatown right now, financially as well as being attacked.

Nevermind In-N-Out. What about the Oakland A's and the Golden State Warriors? Plus the Raiders if you go back a few years.

Nevermind In-N-Out. What about the Oakland A's and the Golden State Warriors? Plus the Raiders if you go back a few years.
I thought it was hilarious when everyone on Reddit and Twitter were indignant about the As leaving. Who TF is going to chose Oakland over the Vegas Strip? Absolute no brainer.

<8>

Oakland was always bad but fine to go to Raiders/A's/Warriors games, I've been to countless. Since the pandemic started it's become a no go zone. Case in point, our local news promotes the shit out of "Bay FC" this new female "professional" soccer team. But every time they show the team, they're far away from Oakland in San Jose practicing at San Jose State. They talk about Oakland love so much but the team practices an hour away {<jordan}

<8>

Oakland was always bad but fine to go to Raiders/A's/Warriors games, I've been to countless. Since the pandemic started it's become a no go zone. Case in point, our local news promotes the shit out of "Bay FC" this new female "professional" soccer team. But every time they show the team, they're far away from Oakland in San Jose practicing at San Jose State. They talk about Oakland love so much but the team practices an hour away {<jordan}
Funny, after I moved to San Jose it took me a while to work out that San Francisco 49ers were a couple of miles from where I lived and not in SF.

Funny, after I moved to San Jose it took me a while to work out that San Francisco 49ers were a couple of miles from where I lived and not in SF.
Yeah, their headquarters & practice facility were in Santa Clara for a long time, then when they decided to build a new stadium that's where they built it.

Yeah, their headquarters & practice facility were in Santa Clara for a long time, then when they decided to build a new stadium that's where they built it.
I've moved way down south to the desert recently. Typically when The World Cup is being played there. I'll go to SoFi to see any game but that's 3 hours away rather than round the corner. Dammit!

I've moved way down south to the desert recently. Typically when The World Cup is being played there. I'll go to SoFi to see any game but that's 3 hours away rather than round the corner. Dammit!
Wow, yeah 3 hours is pretty far for an event. So Cal traffic <6> , well all of California traffic I should say <Fedor23>

Wow, yeah 3 hours is pretty far for an event. So Cal traffic <6> , well all of California traffic I should say <Fedor23>
I doubt it'll be Enland, USA, Brasil, France etc but I'd just like to be at a World Cup game.

How much of this is due to management's decision rather than crime?

Back to the sports teams. I remember in the early 2000s going to an Oakland As game for less than $15. But recently the owner of the Oakland A's, John Fisher, raises the average price to $50, several times more than inflation. The Oakland A's fan base was still interested in the team and even had sold out attendance. This makes me think it's not driven by market factors or poor sales, but rather something else.

I think they meant GSW moving to the Chase Center a few years ago (out of the Oakland Coliseum)?
Yes the Warriors are back in San Francisco and no longer in Oakland. Still the bay area team but it's not the same.

Back