News My Cali Sherbros.

I’m in NorCal. We get about two of these crazy, windy rain storms two or three times a year. But from what I understand, the shit going down in SoCal is nearly a hurricane. They’re not used to rain much less this.
Where in norcal? I'm in colfax, it's been a wild ride up here in the Sierra foothills. Always happens once in awhile tho...

Didn't even realize I lost power until it got dark and the lights weren't working. Was stumbling around in the dark and couldn't find my flashlight. Had to go out and buy one.

Highlight of the storm, CBS radio in the Bay Area this morning phrased this sentence in a creepy way:

"If you're waking up in the dark this morning, you're not alone..."

I, I'm not?

<WhatIsThis>

Thanks, Biden! The kid can’t stop winning.

But nevertheless this has been our anthem for the last few days.

Ugh I have a small roof leak that I now need to address. This constant rain caused problems and I think there a fucking mouse or rat making a nest in my fucking attic too.

uh yeah, I do too, it's just that you're rewriting history

it's above normal, but it's still behind last season, one year ago.

Looks like I was right all along.

Downtown Los Angeles had experienced around 7 inches of rain from the storm as of Monday night, the wettest two-day period in nearly half a century, according to the NWS.

Wrong. Californians are fucking idiots when it comes to driving period
Truly idiotic. People are in La La land when they drive, doing whatever the fuck they want, thinking will just accommodate their stupidity.

At least us offensive drivers from the East Coast/Chicago are very good at driving like jerks because we're all on the same page. There are very few accidents out East because people are skilled maniacs. In California it's a free for all of dipshits that think they own the road.

Truly idiotic. People are in La La land when they drive, doing whatever the fuck they want, thinking will just accommodate their stupidity.

At least us offensive drivers from the East Coast/Chicago are very good at driving like jerks because we're all on the same page. There are very few accidents out East because people are skilled maniacs. In California it's a free for all of dipshits that think they own the road.

These morons have no idea what they're doing. They don't merge properly. They drive as if they've never heard 'the right of way' in regards to who goes first. Seeing these clowns drive in rain makes me want to stay inside as I fear for my safety. Half are far too aggressive. The other half are listless with no sense of timing or direction. You mix in cell phones, it's a nightmare.

Downtown Los Angeles had experienced around 7 inches of rain from the storm as of Monday night, the wettest two-day period in nearly half a century, according to the NWS.
My wife also experienced 7 inches on Monday.

wish I could've been there
9.-Rodney-Dangerfield-early-publicity-shot.jpg

Ugh I have a small roof leak that I now need to address. This constant rain caused problems and I think there a fucking mouse or rat making a nest in my fucking attic too.
wire mesh + expansion foam, plug every single crevice = no more rodents. cover every single roof vent with gavenized chicken wire. It's been years since I've had mouse problems, but a little bit of work goes a long way. Once a year, I'll fumigate the attic with those little raid smokers, best to do it when on vacation or in the morning right before you leave for work, this will take care of a lot of bug problems.

wire mesh + expansion foam, plug every single crevice = no more rodents. cover every single roof vent with gavenized chicken wire. It's been years since I've had mouse problems, but a little bit of work goes a long way. Once a year, I'll fumigate the attic with those little raid smokers, best to do it when on vacation or in the morning right before you leave for work, this will take care of a lot of bug problems.
Yeah I’m taking the day off tomorrow so I have the next few days to tackle this nonsense.

Replacing the insulation is expensive as fuck… I have to get rid of all the rat fucked insulation. Faced insulation is like 60 bucks per 15 foot strip.

Yeah I’m taking the day off tomorrow so I have the next few days to tackle this nonsense.

Replacing the insulation is expensive as fuck… I have to get rid of all the rat fucked insulation. Faced insulation is like 60 bucks per 15 foot strip.
I didnt even bother, they may have pissed and crapped all over insulation, but it's not like you can spell it, can you? plug up the gaps, set traps, kill all the vermin before replacing anything IMO. No use replacing stuff if they're just coming back in. If you see a gap, any gap, the size of a dime, plug it up. Go on your roof, get a ladder, the whole deal, no gap is too small for mice. Every single vent, every single entry, AC, deteriorated vents, etc. If you have a raised foundation, gotta address that as well, as they can be sneaking from the bottom to the top. It can be done, and I have like the worst conditions as my wife loves planting shit, which adds more access points and ways of mice concealing themselves. Sometimes you will have to patch from the attic to the outside, but that's life. No pest control will help you out with these things, but be diligent and you can get rid of them with minimal costs. be on the look for complicated roof joins, they can have a lot of small openings, those took me a lot of time to get completely right, but it is completely right at this point. Galvanized will delay the rust for several years.

I didnt even bother, they may have pissed and crapped all over insulation, but it's not like you can spell it, can you? plug up the gaps, set traps, kill all the vermin before replacing anything IMO. No use replacing stuff if they're just coming back in. If you see a gap, any gap, the size of a dime, plug it up. Go on your roof, get a ladder, the whole deal, no gap is too small for mice. Every single vent, every single entry, AC, deteriorated vents, etc. If you have a raised foundation, gotta address that as well, as they can be sneaking from the bottom to the top. It can be done, and I have like the worst conditions as my wife loves planting shit, which adds more access points and ways of mice concealing themselves. Sometimes you will have to patch from the attic to the outside, but that's life. No pest control will help you out with these things, but be diligent and you can get rid of them with minimal costs. be on the look for complicated roof joins, they can have a lot of small openings, those took me a lot of time to get completely right, but it is completely right at this point. Galvanized will delay the rust for several years.
Yeah I’m gonna be plugging gaps, pulling up old shit and checking for it and sealing all the access points I can find.

It’s gonna be a weekend project for sure. At minimum I have to pull up and replace the piece it was digging through.

Yeah I’m gonna be plugging gaps, pulling up old shit and checking for it and sealing all the access points I can find.

It’s gonna be a weekend project for sure. At minimum I have to pull up and replace the piece it was digging through.

They'll chew right through that expansion foam quick as you please, just an FYI, Ive had lots of experience dealing with them little hell beasts and expansion foam never stops em

Back