My Opinion

You have an incredibly stupid thread and are being mocked, because it's an incredibly stupid thread.
Well, I would have said 'a bit silly' or 'not really thought this through' lol, but this is Sherdog, so veteran member like @mmamxfan should know what to expect lol

Just having a laugh with you bud.

If either is long enough to be plaited / braided I could see how there might be a case for that.

Guida's hair annoys me too - but seems to impede him more than his opponent. lol, always taking time to wipe it away, and every head strike he cops make it look harder than it might have otherwise.

Well, I would have said 'a bit silly' or 'not really thought this through' lol, but this is Sherdog, so veteran member like @mmamxfan should know what to expect lol

Just having a laugh with you bud.

If either is long enough to be plaited / braided I could see how there might be a case for that.

Guida's hair annoys me too - but seems to impede him more than his opponent. lol, always taking time to wipe it away, and every head strike he cops make it look harder than it might have otherwise.
I think he was opening up intelligent thought or a unique perspective. This comes up every once in a while and it's silly in itself. Remember when Guida and Maynard argued backstage after their fight?

Last edited:

@mmamxfan

Not too long ago I was mocked on here for suggesting eye pokes should be offered a cool damp wipe, or eyewash etc, SOMETHING rather than nothing. I copped a scalding.

Then about a month later the rules changed and they were / are offered exactly that.

So, you could be right ;) If they start a beard maximum length on the future you can call me out and mock me back :)

I think he was opening up intelligent thought or a unique perspective. This comes up every once in a while and it's silly in itself. Remember when Guides and Maynard argued backstage after their fight?
Sorry. I won't do it again.

It takes me a long time to type, was already posting that above, before these popped up

Yeah, I mean, maybe spell out your issues in the OP with a bit more effort? It kinda looked like a joke thread to me, honestly. If your OP was a little more in depth it mighta gone a different way

@tritestill - I don't remember that! What was it all about?

One last thought for @mmamxfan

I recently watched Bareknuckle MMA for first time, Masvidal's event.

Was shocked that they could grab hair and use it to hold / manoeuvre opponent. I think if UFC allowed this, then it would really even things out for guys that chose to grow long hair and beards.

It takes me a long time to type, was already posting that above, before these popped up

Yeah, I mean, maybe spell out your issues in the OP with a bit more effort? It kinda looked like a joke thread to me, honestly. If your OP was a little more in depth it mighta gone a different way

@tritestill - I don't remember that! What was it all about?
Something to do with his hair. Was braided before the fight, because of his hair length lol. Just recall them being post fight checked around one another and they started to argue.

Was this a joke thread that I did not realize?

Something to do with his hair. Was braided before the fight, because of his hair length lol. Just recall them being post fight checked around one another and they started to argue.

Hmmm interesting.

I am on the moby now but will maybe look into it later

Man I never fought and never would. I did boxing/mma as a cross training to keep me motivated and in shape for racing and not the same stale mountain bike riding and cardio. My son's step-dad was/is a brown belt in bjj trained under Renzo Gracie. He also trained with the Diaz bros, Shields, and David Terrell in Walnut Creek, CA. For the most part they all said long hair and long beards are a cheap advantage. Have you ever seen them sport that look. Exactly.

Man I never fought and never would. I did boxing/mma as a cross training to keep me motivated and in shape for racing and not the same stale mountain bike riding and cardio. My son's step-dad was/is a brown belt in bjj trained under Renzo Gracie. He also trained with the Diaz bros, Shields, and David Terrell in Walnut Creek, CA. For the most part they all said long hair and long beards are a cheap advantage. Have you ever seen them sport that look. Exactly.
Yea, I've heard several fighters say that too. Don't know if there's any credence to it or if it's bro science.

Yea, I've heard several fighters say that too. Don't know if there's any credence to it or if it's bro science.
It's a valid point. A guy ducks his head with 10 inches of hippy hair it's kinda hard to find a clean shot. Same as a big bushy beard. Again I'm not a fighter but I see the complications with those scenarios.

I just saw this ^

Now I am gonna have to rethink everything

I was just watching the last Dustin fight. I think a Roy Nelson, or every other heavily bearded fighter who can hide where their chin is actually is especially during a fight as an unfair advantage. Poirier came in clean cut with no facial hair, which is much a easier to target. With the long hair a guy like like Chito or say Guida are going to be harder to target their face. Not trying to argue. Just a thought.
Chin is generally below the mouth, beard or no beard. Jaw will be the big area to the sides of the mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back