My Pitbull Was Attacked This Morning

Youre not playing a numbers game because youre not the one rescuing the dog, youre doing nothing here but injecting negativity on the internet, if youre not gonna actually step up and save a dog then the last thing those of us that do save dogs need to hear is your ignorant advice

@Gutter Chris is doing an amazing thing by giving that poor abused dog a chance at a loving life and he deserves to be commended for it
Good job, Chris, you know how I feel about rescues because we've talked many times about how horribly my beloved ole Fred dog was abused before I got him and he was the most gentle, loving soul you ever met, he gave me 12 years of amazing companionship and I miss him every day
Abused dogs deserve love most of all

118007639_3452653014786594_3464277328659049117_n.jpg

I've saved plenty of animals from shelters, just not a dog yet at this point in my life, though I'm on the hunt after summer. My point is that thousands of dogs deserve a second chance. So for me....it makes much more sense to give a second chance to a dog with less risk of PTSD freakouts. So dogs have to die and some dogs get adopted, such is the way of world in the US right now. So I'd just be inclined to pick a safer dog. But that's just me.

One of my buddies lived off grid and had a pit and a lab. He had the pit since it was a puppy and that was the nicest dog I ever met unless you were a stranger. Then he adopted this neglected lab. That stupid adopted lab bit me frickin' twice though!! Dumb dog. That being said, I'd rather be bit by the lab than the pit.

A pitbull getting attacked by a baby would be a hilarious onion article.

lol it sounds like your dog is one of those pitbulls of peace.

There’s a story about 1 bobcat jumping into an enclosure with two pitbulls… the bobcat walked away, one of the pits didn’t and the other was severely injured

2 game pits even in the 40lb range I'd back against a bobcat. Not one on one though, a single dog is going to get wreckt. One on one I'd think you'd need a serious pig dog at least 70lb. Wild cats are game as fuck. And a big bobcat can be 30 to 40lb I think. Not all pits are created equal. Unless attacking children, that's a given though.

Youre not playing a numbers game because youre not the one rescuing the dog, youre doing nothing here but injecting negativity on the internet, if youre not gonna actually step up and save a dog then the last thing those of us that do save dogs need to hear is your ignorant advice

@Gutter Chris is doing an amazing thing by giving that poor abused dog a chance at a loving life and he deserves to be commended for it
Good job, Chris, you know how I feel about rescues because we've talked many times about how horribly my beloved ole Fred dog was abused before I got him and he was the most gentle, loving soul you ever met, he gave me 12 years of amazing companionship and I miss him every day
Abused dogs deserve love most of all

118007639_3452653014786594_3464277328659049117_n.jpg

In honor of your boy Fred, here’s my best friend who’s also a rescue, big fan of naps after his walk as you can see:

1D19E2CE-E755-4B50-8795-E32D8F2A610A.jpeg

I've saved plenty of animals from shelters, just not a dog yet at this point in my life, though I'm on the hunt after summer. My point is that thousands of dogs deserve a second chance. So for me....it makes much more sense to give a second chance to a dog with less risk of PTSD freakouts. So dogs have to die and some dogs get adopted, such is the way of world in the US right now. So I'd just be inclined to pick a safer dog. But that's just me.

One of my buddies lived off grid and had a pit and a lab. He had the pit since it was a puppy and that was the nicest dog I ever met unless you were a stranger. Then he adopted this neglected lab. That stupid adopted lab bit me frickin' twice though!! Dumb dog. That being said, I'd rather be bit by the lab than the pit.

I dont care about any of this bullshit, let me know when you actually rescue a dog instead of just criticizing and disagreeing with those that do

Last edited:
In honor of your boy Fred, here’s my best friend who’s also a rescue, big fan of naps after his walk as you can see:

View attachment 926958

Thats a great looking pooch, I never had an all white but I had a white and ginger, he was a little hellraiser lol, died back in 2013 after he got into some bushes that were poisonous

10382993_760533437331912_4468053812948957328_n.jpg

Thats a great looking pooch, I never had an all white but I had a white and ginger, he was a little hellraiser lol, died back in 2013 after he got into some bushes that were poisonous

Sad to hear, my condolences. Mine actually has three large brown spots on his back/butt so he’s not all white. He does have pretty bad skin allergies due to how fair his skin is but that’s the only knock on him.

the people we got her from as a pup, had kids that were rough with her? Or, since she's a collie/shepherd mix, maybe she wants to herd them but knows she's not allowed?
She will chase cats, but doesn't harm them, when catches them, she gives them a bath as well.
We fostered an Irish Sitter from a rescue that had been physically abused, she was terrified of people at first. It was heart breaking to see her quaking in fear in a corner when all I wanted was to scratch her ears and rub her belly. Eventually she stopped quaking and hiding, but she never got to the point of accepting affection while she was with us (2 or 3 weeks I guess) but the rescue said she was greatly improved after her stay and they placed her on a farm right after.
Later we got a collie, he wasn't big on frolicking with kids but he was very tolerant and patient with them. He'd let them pet and paw, but walk away when there was an opening. I did catch him absolutely herding a group of 4-5 year olds into a corner during a birthday party though. Just gently interposing his body and guiding them were he wanted. I thought it was hilarious. "Honey where are the kids?" "Tucker has all four of them in the corner." Everyone was playing nicely, but where he wanted them to be.

We fostered an Irish Sitter from a rescue that had been physically abused, she was terrified of people at first. It was heart breaking to see her quaking in fear in a corner when all I wanted was to scratch her ears and rub her belly. Eventually she stopped quaking and hiding, but she never got to the point of accepting affection while she was with us (2 or 3 weeks I guess) but the rescue said she was greatly improved after her stay and they placed her on a farm right after.
Later we got a collie, he wasn't big on frolicking with kids but he was very tolerant and patient with them. He'd let them pet and paw, but walk away when there was an opening. I did catch him absolutely herding a group of 4-5 year olds into a corner during a birthday party though. Just gently interposing his body and guiding them were he wanted. I thought it was hilarious. "Honey where are the kids?" "Tucker has all four of them in the corner." Everyone was playing nicely, but where he wanted them to be.
*like* sorry I'm out lol.

Yeah I can see my collie mix doing that. She already does it with the others dogs and cats lol.
I also have a setter, English setter, they are very touchy. My little guy acts like you're going to beat him if you tell him NO in a stern voice lol. Every setter I've had has been pretty soft like that, they definitely require different style training than most breeds. But damn are they snugglers and just very loving doggos in general.

I dont care about any of this bullshit, let me know when you actually rescue a dog instead of just criticizing and disagreeing with those that do

If you are going to dismiss my reasoning as "bullshit" simply b/c I haven't rescued a dog, then we will agree to disagree.

Awe man.... sorry for your loss, that's gotta be a rough, unexpected way to lose one.... hell it's hard enough when they get old and you know they had a full life full of love.
<DCrying>

It was obviously a pre-emptive defensive move from the cat to distract the pit away from two nearby defenceless toddlers.

Back