Nate Diaz "Gilbert won, He broke his whole **** (face)"

Why do people look at cosmetic damage over the context of the fight, it's very strange since some guy dominating a fight and could mark easy ie GSP while his opponent could get hit 100 times aND not show a mark, ie Rampage.

So it's obviously an irrelevant way to score a fight

no but it's a data point.

gil did nothing for 10 minutes with a guy with 1 eye. no one to blame but himself

Nobody from Cesar gracie camp can ever admit they get beat. That's why they don't improve. They live in this disillusioned world where they think only reason they lose is because of bad judges.

gil did nothing for 10 minutes with a guy with 1 eye. no one to blame but himself

And finally we get to the main point. Melendez did fuck all the last 2 rounds outside of trying to catch his breath. Eddie simply outworked him I thought the decision was completely fair and correct.

One huge blow landed in the first round that doesn't even knock down your opponent shouldn't be enough to win a fight. In fact I could argue that the Alvarez spinning elbow in the 3rd that caused the cut was just as devastating and damaging of a shot. Gil was bleeding like a stuck pig.

This is the same guy who claimed Thomson made 'bitch-ass lady noises' right before Thomson kicked his head off.

I can't even laugh at Nick and Nate's interviews anymore, it's like making fun of people who are mentally ill. As much as I like watching their fights and their never say die attitude, never in a million years would I take career advice from either of them.

Diaz delusion once again. Looked like Gilberts face was busted open in the 3rd round too. He had a guy fighting with 1 eye and failed to do anything for 2 rounds.

Funny how people just pretend they forgot the rules of the sport.

Its like watching the Warriors beat the Cavs by 20 "BUt did you see Lebrons dunk?! Cavs deserved to win!".

Doesn't make sense. Those aren't the rules and everyone knows it going in.

I thought Alvarez won the fight .. with that being said though I wouldn't have cried if Melendez won. It seemed like after the first round Melendez just started to try and coast to the decision. Didn't work.

The 'scrap pack' really has become the laughing stock of MMA. Loss after loss they refuse to make adjustments and blame the whole world for their shortcomings. Nowadays the only reason to interview one of them is to make fun of how stupid they are. The glory days of crashing cans at strikeforce are long over.

Except of course, for their prettiest member. She is in the same boat as the rest of the scrap pack in terms of not really getting with the times - but she has no reason of any kind whatsoever to do it. Her glory days will probably never end in MMA.

That interview just shows how subjective fight scoring really is. Sure, Eddie won, in the context to the rules we're used to, but outside of those rules looking at the two guys afterwards, most people in the world would think Gil won.

Nah, Eddie won. I don't give a shit what anyone says, he took a beating in the first and came back and won rounds 2 & 3.

Alvarez vs Diaz would be interesting tho. Eddie would beat him too! So why not.

Was Nate able to confirm whether or not Alvarez was making lady sounds while fighting Melendez?

Funny shit. Would like to see Alvarez throw some of those leg kicks Nate's way.

Considering that the Diaz brothers seem to think checking leg kicks is only for fighters who aren't truly hardcore, Alvarez could clearly just stand there and throw those leg kicks against Nate all day and cruise to a 30-27 UD win.

I won with Alvarez but was pretty surprised when they read the cards... 2nd could've gone either way and Eddie landed very little on the feet, his control wasn't great either. No complaints here though :)

Round
1 - Gil
2 - Gil
3 - Eddie (Close)

who looked worse at end of fight? who took more shots and more punishment?

Gil was outstruck in round 2 and was opened up. Gil outstruck Eddie in round 3.

I think people get really into the "comeback" idea after a bad start, which makes them think Eddie wins.

One thing you'll never hear someone in the crap pack say "He was the better man. He won fair and square. We need to go back to the drawing board and get better"

All they do is EXCUSE after EXCUSE. Come on.

Think Nate's been in Nicks anti-anxiety meds..

Back