Nate Diaz Tried To Quit Multiple Times vs Tony Ferguson and Then Won

Tone

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This fight was sort of crazy in a sense that Nate was trying to follow in Nick's footsteps and quit multiple a times in this fight but the Marc Goddard refused to call off the fight. He kept disengaging, turning around and even seemed to wave off the fight but to no avail. He looked like he was completely gassed and wanted to call it a day just like Nick vs Lawler but in a hilarious twist of a fate catches Tony in a choke to win the fight.

This might have been the most hilarious 180 I've ever seen in MMA.
0_UFC-279-Diaz-v-Ferguson.jpg

I know. It was surreal. Both him and his brother have overcome so much damage to win, they were some of the few guys you could truly see fighting to the death instead of quitting.

Definitely a strange fight. Exciting for sure and Tony was showing a bit of his old self in this fight and in that 4th round ending up getting caught after having success throughout 15 minutes.

This was the fight where it was made clear Tony had transitioned from a wild wolf to a tame sheep.

Old Tony would've pounced on Nate in all of those moments
lol a wild wolf? I hope English isn’t your first language

Nate's legs were hamburger. Tony couldve easily finished the job if he wanted to.
Watching it live, it seemed Tony was relieved that Nate won. Definitely a weird fight.

Are you implying Tony didn't want to win?

Why would anyone think Nate would be a good boxing opponent for a much bigger/younger Jake Paul, or a good MMA fight now for Poirier after he fought like that against a totally shot Tony?

Some things I'll never understand.

I thought he was just taunting. Idk though. Meh fight. I remember Diaz dominating it.
From what I remember, Nate clearly outboxed Tony but ate a lot of leg kicks that he didn't even try to check. Nate was acting weird and it seemed like it could go either way before Tony tried the ill-advised TD.

It was a bit like Nate-Cerrone from years earlier, but much sloppier and less dominant for Nate, who wasn't landing with the same volume he did when younger.

The fuck did you expect from Marc Goddard? Second worst dumbass to have ever stepped foot in the octagon with the first being Herb. Hate those two retards.

He was clearly just clowning which is why the ref didn't call it. Lame thread.
Watch round 3 again after he takes another particularly stiff leg kick that buckles his knee. He has a visceral reaction and proceeds to disengage. Nate wanted out, turned his back, started walking away and even waved off the fight. He was the clown and only re-engaged because Tony mocks him by laying down.

Back