Nate Diaz Tried To Quit Multiple Times vs Tony Ferguson and Then Won

Nate looked good later on in the fight
You think that justifies it? Nate is the only guy Tony has even managed to hurt since he fought Cerrone in 2019. Even Paddy and Bobby Green were never phased by a totally washed Tony.

Nate's legs were hamburger. Tony couldve easily finished the job if he wanted to.
Watching it live, it seemed Tony was relieved that Nate won. Definitely a weird fight.

Seemed like Tony was a big Nate fan and wanted him to win.

From what I remember, Nate clearly outboxed Tony but ate a lot of leg kicks that he didn't even try to check.
I would have to go back and watch but I could’ve sworn Nate was checking some kicks and tony busted his foot up on one of the first checks.

Not to say he didnt do damage to nate but ya

I would have to go back and watch but I could’ve sworn Nate was checking some kicks and tony busted his foot up on one of the first checks.

Not to say he didnt do damage to nate but ya

Nate has a great poker face. Tony did a lot of damage.

I did notice Nate repeatedly taking a breather against the cage, turning his back, other sort of stuff that makes it seem like he doesn't want to be there. It's hard to tell how much of that is real or him playing mindgames, cause he did the same thing vs Jake Paul in that boxing match.

Why would anyone think Nate would be a good boxing opponent for a much bigger/younger Jake Paul, or a good MMA fight now for Poirier after he fought like that against a totally shot Tony?

Some things I'll never understand.

Two things were happening at once with Paul. They thought that because Jake Paul is a youtuber that Nate Diaz would suddenly get bigger, younger and be a proven professional boxer somehow.

Firstly, because of the label 'youtuber' they continue to dismiss Paul as if there is something inherent about making youtube videos that disqualifies you from displaying an aptitude for pro boxing but basically every other occupation in existence is exempt from this rule.

Being a youtuber actually gave Paul an incredible advantage over 99.9% of aspiring pro fighters because he had the money and status to have access to the resources (coaches and support staff, Paulo Costa's secret juice) that are usually only reserved for the very elite, already well-established pros.

Secondly, most MMA fans and media simply have a very tenuous grip on how weight classes and age work. It sounds ridiculous but once you start seeing it, you can't unsee it.

Sounds like you got some sort of fetish there squire. Take your weird intrusive thoughts somewhere else you disgusting pig
You're the one who wants wolf cock, shit poster of the year Phildough

I do remember Nate clearly waving no mas after a particularly hard leg kick, but since no action was taken, he continued and somehow ended up subbing Tony.

As a fan of both of them, that sad excuse of a fight was the best case scenario. I suspect that if they had met earlier, they would have reduced each other's life span by about a decade and Nate would be needing blood transfusions administered between rounds.

It was a weird moment. A lot of people were unsure what was happening. You can go look at old play-by-plays... Here is how Sherdog.com summed it up live

"One kick to the calf makes Diaz take a very difficult step, and he is in big trouble. Diaz tries to lead into offense, but a Ferguson low kick gives him pause again. Diaz walks away, lowers his hands and shakes his head as if to signal that he is done. They look around confused at one another, and Goddard tells them to work. Diaz walks all the way around the cage, shaking his head, and Ferguson flops to his back and climbs back up when Diaz goes to engage. Diaz is trying to shake the leg damage out, and he leans on the fence with Ferguson not sure what to do. Diaz gathers himself and strikes, and Ferguson spins and retaliates. Diaz signals to someone when a few kicks land to his busted leg, and when he tries to respond, Ferguson escapes. As Ferguson rushes away, Diaz points to someone in the crowd and says Ferguson is running. ".

Nate made some comments after saying, he didn't 'train punches' and got tired of hitting Tony. Said his camp was all wrestling.

If there is a seed of truth in those comments, who knows. But inadequate camps is something I've heard about after most Diaz losses.

Tony looked so bad in this fight, anytime he and Nate started exchanging he'd just turn his back and run away. He got very lucky that he didn't have to fight The Leech that night.

Missed the rematch between Robbie, and Nick, I guess?
Not to defend him, but I’m pretty sure I heard somewhere he had neck/spine issue (hid it from others knowing) and only went into that fight to have the surgery paid for and get the procedure done to fix it.

I was happy when Khamzat missed weight and Nate got to depart the UFC facing a washed veteran. But seeing how his stans are holding that fight up as an accomplishment and a reason he should still be in big fights is making me regret that decision. Nate is cooked. The biggest fight for him is Jake Paul in an mma fight. I don't want to see him in the UFC again, let alone facing a top contender.

Weirdos with bad hot takes on sherdog, never change friend!

Cheers

You're this triggered about my opinion on the internet about your favorite fighting brothers that you actually even busted out your newly learned Trump defense buzzword terminology.

<36>

You don't get to judge anyone as a weirdo. Calm down pal.

You're this triggered about my opinion on the internet about your favorite fighting brothers that you actually even busted out your newly learned Trump defense buzzword terminology.

You don't get to judge anyone as a weirdo. Calm down pal.

You've convinced me you're not a neckbeard wearing a fedora lmao

Appreciate the response

Back