Nate Diaz Tried To Quit Multiple Times vs Tony Ferguson and Then Won

That performance sealed the deal for me on Tony.

I knew he was done for good after that one. Yeah you get older and stiffer, but there was zero Boogeyman in him. The guy acted like he was fighting a powerful striker with KO power.

Reacted to the slighest faint like Nate was throwing haymakers. Even in his previous losses he was far more aggressive and in the fight.

That fight looked fixed. Tony was doing this spin around bullshit. Looked real questionable. That’s all I’m gonna say

This fight was sort of crazy in a sense that Nate was trying to follow in Nick's footsteps and quit multiple a times in this fight but the Marc Goddard refused to call off the fight. He kept disengaging, turning around and even seemed to wave off the fight but to no avail. He looked like he was completely gassed and wanted to call it a day just like Nick vs Lawler but in a hilarious twist of a fate catches Tony in a choke to win the fight.

This might have been the most hilarious 180 I've ever seen in MMA.
0_UFC-279-Diaz-v-Ferguson.jpg
Both looked terrible, that was one of the worse performances by 2 over the Hill fighters I've ever seen. They both were pooped out after 1 rd. Tony looked 80 years old and Nate had like 1 lb of thrust on his punches.

Last edited:
Both looked terrible, that was one of the worse performances by 2 over the Hill fighters I've ever seen. They both were pooped out after 1 rd. Tony looked 80 years old and Nate had like 1 lb of thrust in his punches.

The most washed PPV main event of all time by far.

And the UFC pitched it as such a great way to “save the event” lol.

The most washed PPV main event of all time by far.

And the UFC pitched it as such a great way to “save the event” lol.
It's comical they tried to sell us on that shit. It looked like 2 nobody's that had never fought a day in their lives fighting in a backyard somewhere. Respect to what they've done in the past, but come on man, we all have eyes and a brain. Pfft...lol

Last edited:
Watch round 3 again after he takes another particularly stiff leg kick that buckles his knee. He has a visceral reaction and proceeds to disengage. Nate wanted out, turned his back, started walking away and even waved off the fight. He was the clown and only re-engaged because Tony mocks him by laying down.

If you truly believe Nate was trying to 'wave off the fight' I've got a great deal on bridge to sell you...

Why would anyone think Nate would be a good boxing opponent for a much bigger/younger Jake Paul, or a good MMA fight now for Poirier after he fought like that against a totally shot Tony?

Some things I'll never understand.
Nate looked good later on in the fight

Yeah he wanted to get it over-with.

Fatigue makes cowards out of us all.

Buddy, however you got to convince yourself that Nate Diaz pulling his typical trolling bullshit meant he was attempting to literally call off the fight, its pretty silly.

Nate looked like a gassed nearly 40 year old semi-retired fighter because he was a gassed nearly 40 year old semi-retired fighter. The antics surely are to buy time, taunt and do his typical bullshit, but there is no such thing as 'attempting' to wave off your own fight. You just do it if that is what you want.

There is definitely a weird derangement syndrome around the Diaz bros because they are polarizing.

Nick waved off his fight with Lawler if you want to know what actually waving off a fight looks like. You refuse to continue.

How do I not remember this fight lol

This was the fight where it was made clear Tony had transitioned from a wild wolf to a tame sheep.

Old Tony would've pounced on Nate in all of those moments
Both of them were whack in that fight. Khamzat would've smashed them both in round uno

Buddy, however you got to convince yourself that Nate Diaz pulling his typical trolling bullshit meant he was attempting to literally call off the fight, its pretty silly.

Nate looked like a gassed nearly 40 year old semi-retired fighter because he was a gassed nearly 40 year old semi-retired fighter. The antics surely are to buy time, taunt and do his typical bullshit, but there is no such thing as 'attempting' to wave off your own fight. You just do it if that is what you want.

There is definitely a weird derangement syndrome around the Diaz bros because they are polarizing.

Nick waved off his fight with Lawler if you want to know what actually waving off a fight looks like. You refuse to continue.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings lil bro.

Dude. Spot on.

All Nate had to do was... tell the ref it's over.

People are delusional because the guy had a reaction.

He won the damn fight ... by a finish !

Why would anyone think Nate would be a good boxing opponent for a much bigger/younger Jake Paul, or a good MMA fight now for Poirier after he fought like that against a totally shot Tony?

Some things I'll never understand.
Because he flips people off and acts like a gangster lol

Reactions: mkt
Back