Naudi at it again

it's not just his lack of competence in the weight lifting / s&c department. I don't like his functional training methods too much either ...what do you think about his newest one? I'm not a PT, but that's not how I'd go about a knee valgus.

"Flexion and extension are an illusion, the entire body is a constantly moving vortex actually" Those are words, that he said.

it's not just his lack of competence in the weight lifting / s&c department. I don't like his functional training methods too much either ...what do you think about his newest one? I'm not a PT, but that's not how I'd go about a knee valgus.

Lol he had to get "vortex", whatever that means, and the scalenes in there.

Still, gotta say that's the most reasonable Naudi video I've seen. Naudia saying that myofascial release is not a cure for all and that you need to incorperate motor patterns? Suprising to hear him being right. Also a good point that you need to analyse dynamic movement to spot weaknesses and possibly "faulty" mechanics.

He's basicly using the band as kinesiotape, causing activation/fascillitation of the external rotators while walking, which would not be a bad idea if someone had excessive internal rotation. Still, the problem of knee valgus can be many things, including either the ankle, the knee, the hip or all of the above. Strenghtening the medius (eccentricly), doing other single leg work with the proper range of movement, core work and perhaps ankle stability (depending on the cause) would be something I would do while working on the movement during actual daily or sports activity. It adds up.

Lol he had to get "vortex", whatever that means, and the scalenes in there.

Still, gotta say that's the most reasonable Naudi video I've seen. Naudia saying that myofascial release is not a cure for all and that you need to incorperate motor patterns? Suprising to hear him being right. Also a good point that you need to analyse dynamic movement to spot weaknesses and possibly "faulty" mechanics.

He's basicly using the band as kinesiotape, causing activation/fascillitation of the external rotators while walking, which would not be a bad idea if someone had excessive internal rotation. Still, the problem of knee valgus can be many things, including either the ankle, the knee, the hip or all of the above. Strenghtening the medius (eccentricly), doing other single leg work with the proper range of movement, core work and perhaps ankle stability (depending on the cause) would be something I would do while working on the movement during actual daily or sports activity. It adds up.

And band drills like what he's doing here are just cues. There's not really a "this is the right drill or that is the wrong drill" for knee valgus assuming you've isolated it to the guy just having a poor motor pattern. You use whichever drill or cueing strategy actually results in them changing the movement.

And band drills like what he's doing here are just cues. There's not really a "this is the right drill or that is the wrong drill" for knee valgus assuming you've isolated it to the guy just having a poor motor pattern. You use whichever drill or cueing strategy actually results in them changing the movement.
Definitely. External feedback, internal feedback, mirrors, bands, tape hands, words, drills, stable/unstable, closed tasks, open tasks, different environments, games, what ever works for them and the motor learning stage they are in.

Motor patterns are tricky to work with, it takes time and effort to change habitual motor patterns. It can be VERY difficult to change around I've found, especially in the older patient group/clientele or post op.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

here are some responses to his weight lifting video.
Warning though: Steve Shaw is about 5x harder on Naudi than the people here in the S&C forum, LOL.

I don't call the guy completely garbage, it doesn't sound bad what he's preaching. But myofacial relase, corrective exercises, dealing with duck feet and bad posture, looking at the body as a whole ...it's not like Naudi invented any of this.

And one more thought about weight lifting leading to density: He demands scientific studies...fair enough...but if he's so interested and knowledgable about the subject, why doesn't he be a scientist himself and works on the studies that he demands?
It seems like he looks for the easy way, so he can say "Hey look, this study has shown this and that and proves me right...".

It's typical for guys like him to get married to one idea and discredit everything that works against it. Maybe it causes too much mayhem in his principles and he's to dense to accept that there can be different approaches.

Some guys in this S&C forum are just like him though.

If naudi knew anything significant he could always research dexa scans and resistance training....he is literally a coward and backed down from contreras when challenged to a one hour podcast debate. He is a guy who knows 20% of a toolbox and claims hes a master carpenter in a world full of legitimate carpenters.

I'm not an expert in athletics but it seems like he does only care about rotation and prehab/rehab. Nothing specifically athletic...

I also remember reading an old thread of Joel Jamison arguing with everyone here. Anyone have links to his threads? Doesn't the dude train Mighty Mouse... what was it that people had a problem with him?

I'm not an expert in athletics but it seems like he does only care about rotation and prehab/rehab. Nothing specifically athletic...

I also remember reading an old thread of Joel Jamison arguing with everyone here. Anyone have links to his threads? Doesn't the dude train Mighty Mouse... what was it that people had a problem with him?

Back then Sherdog and most MMA forums had HIIT-itis. Joel said that just doing Tabata all the time wasn't the most optimal way to train. Then he backed it up.

His old username was EZA. Thread used to be stickied- if you have a look in the conditioning sticky, it might be linked to from there somewhere.

Came in, offered suggestions, backed them up with solid evidence, and changed the minds of posters here.

The first thread Naudi posted, he was given a chance, but refused to/couldn't explain progression, measurability, etc for his "system" of training, instead bragged about his credentials, told everyone to STFU and read a book, and things went less than favourably for him from there on out.

His old username was EZA. Thread used to be stickied- if you have a look in the conditioning sticky, it might be linked to from there somewhere.

Came in, offered suggestions, backed them up with solid evidence, and changed the minds of posters here.

The first thread Naudi posted, he was given a chance, but refused to/couldn't explain progression, measurability, etc for his "system" of training, instead bragged about his credentials, told everyone to STFU and read a book, and things went less than favourably for him from there on out.

Joel came in with some great evidence and explained his theories behind everything and where they fit in MMA in particular. I am pretty sure his book sold so well because of it and Mighty MOuse haha. Even his system isn't perfect for everyone, but you can see why it works for those sort of guys.

Naudi is literally covering such a small portion of training and what would be looked at as a specialized period in normal programming. Yeah it might work, but you need to have built that GPP base through LSD,Strength training and conventional conditioning. Then you apply specific work like "functional patterns".

Think like SBG and Ido Portal coming in for a couple extra drills for Mcgregor and similar. Is the movement stuff useful? Definitely, but I wouldn't build my entire training program of punching cards and playing touch butt ;). I would use these methods for the occasional mix up from the grind of my skill work and conventional S&C.

I wonder if Naudi is still training Jeremy Stephens.
funny thing about that.... since naudi taught him to punch "properly", he's gone 5-8 and only one of his wins was from a punch. great job naudi.

funny thing about that.... since naudi taught him to punch "properly", he's gone 5-8 and only one of his wins was from a punch. great job naudi.

While trainers have responsibility, I have to say that fighters are adults that make their own choice, just like all the fighters who elected Edmond Tarverdyan to train them.

Aside from that Jeremy seems like a pretty moronic guy, or maybe he's just naive.
Obviously fighters don't train like Jack Dempsey back in the day, things have changed and evolved, we've learned from mistakes in the past. But it hasn't changed THAT much that Naudi's methods contain any relevance in modern combat sports training.

There's a video of Kyle Dake training with him and i died a little inside.

new one

make no mistake, he's talking about the thruster. But over the course of the video he mentions the squat and deadlift along with that exercise.

Does this guy think that people who do those exercises do them 24/7 and NEVER walk or run?
LOL

For some reason, Naudi reminds me of the Mexican guy from Fast and the Furious.

noel-gugliemi1.jpg

new one

make no mistake, he's talking about the thruster. But over the course of the video he mentions the squat and deadlift along with that exercise.

Does this guy think that people who do those exercises do them 24/7 and NEVER walk or run?
LOL

He just wants to talk shit about Bret Contreras

Back