Nervous Breakdown, Panic Attack, etc..

Thats why i dont want to tell my moms or brother. They both just call me names and tell me stop being a bitch. I kinda of feel like one and will want to kick my ass tomorrow but I cant seem to pull it together today. It pretty scary to me to be honest.
If your family is not supportive, then don't tell them. Keeping your feelings in and not expressing anger or disappointment is part of what led to your episode today, in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with being sad or angry. It can be healthy as you're no longer carrying those negative feelings, which can feel like a weight over time. Your wife sounds great, maybe talk with her more when you're feeling mentally strained, or someone else who will listen. The same 'tough guys' that call you names for talking about things are the same guys who have a few beers and then call their ex girlfriends in the middle of the night in tears begging them to take them back, so don't even sweat them. Let it out and spare yourself any future health risks.

alprazolam kicked my ass when I was prescribed it for similar issues. The doctor was a fuck though. He just wanted me on however many scrips he could get me to take for the loot. Piece of shit. I even was told to cut the pill in half and still got wrecked. We're talking WRECKED!!!! No es bueno.

I suppose it affects people differently. I'd only take once or twice a week though. Not sure the dose. I didn't like taking it at night though. It made it hard to wake up the next morning.

My doctor was real understanding about how I didn't want to get dependent on an prescription.

I suppose it affects people differently. I'd only take once or twice a week though. Not sure the dose. I didn't like taking it at night though. It made it hard to wake up the next morning.

My doctor was real understanding about how I didn't want to get dependent on an prescription.

Mine was a gutworm bottom-feeder type of being. I'm not even sure I needed anything besides some advice on how to change up my lifestyle.

The reasons for this occurring could be a lot of things. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. If not I would recommend a therapist and psychiatrist

When my dog passed away it triggered massive panic attacks in me. It go so bad that I just started hallucinating and seeing things. Therapy helped a ton without any meds. Learning how to regulate ur emotions can be constantly evolving struggle. I eventually got Better but it took a lot of work from my end. I probably haven't had a bad panic attack in 6 plus years but just the other week I almost had one. Then I realized I was becoming overwhelmed by a ton of stuff so I wrote everything out that was concerning me and started coming up with plans one by one.

anyway I'm rambling now. I'm just saying get help if u can and learn how to have an outlet for ur emotions. Wether it's talking to ur friends/sherbros or keeping a journal whatever. The worse thing u can do is just suppress ur emotions and that's what it seems like u were doing

My wife seems to think that could have something to do. But I just dont know what else to do. I feel expected to be happy and the one people can depend on to be cool to be around and can make sure everyone is happish. I feel guilty if I ruin someones day with my shit.

Feeling guilty about that suggests you don't think your problems are worthy of someone's time. If the people around you truly love you, they will set aside their time for you. Your issues aren't "shit." Take care of yourself and be honest with yourself.

Oh, and the symptoms sound a lot like a panic attack. Did you get tingling/numbness in your lips or arms? Those are classic symptoms of a panic attack.

"What an animal is man, to suffer as many ills of the mind as the body"

Everything you're going through is perfectly normal TS, you're reacting the only way you can and you're asking a lot of reasonable questions.

I think you'll be alright. Just take it seriously and find out what other people have done to get themselves fixed up, and do that.

Thats why i dont want to tell my moms or brother. They both just call me names and tell me stop being a bitch. I kinda of feel like one and will want to kick my ass tomorrow but I cant seem to pull it together today. It pretty scary to me to be honest.
Don't listen to that bullshit. Man up=be miserable for no reason. I wouldn't worry too much unless it becomes a regular thing. Wait until you see your doctor before jumping to any conclusions.

Thanks for all the great replys. I am feelinh better this morning. I feel like I woke up from a 3 day sleep. My lower back is stingy but not sure why. I didnt workout yesterday or any heavy liftimg. Wife thinks it stress. I have a plan to go to the gym this morning aftrr I drop of the kids and get the blood flowing. I know that will help.

I do have a small feeling of guilt and am stressing a tad about yesterday but I am trying to let it go and just tell the dr on mon.

Its wierd but when i think about yesterday i get sad instead of mad and normally I would be mad about something like that

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great replys. I am feelinh better this morning. I feel like I woke up from a 3 day sleep. My lower back is stingy but not sure why. I didnt workout yesterday or any heavy liftimg. Wife thinks it stress. I have a plan to go to the gym this morning aftrr I drop of the kids and get the blood flowing. I know that will help.

I do have a small feeling of guilt and am stressing a tad about yesterday but I am trying to let it go and just tell the dr on mon.

Hey man I believe there are different reasons for anxiety attacks. I suffered with it in the past.

Science says that you have so much stress built up that you're not addressing that it creates that fight or flight response and your body kicks into freak out mode but there's nothing to run from or nothing to fight as its all in your head.

Made sense to me but really never solved my issue with anxiety.

In March I was sufferering bad from anxiety. I'd be driving down the road and I'd have to pull over thinking I was going to pass out or hyperventilate. My kid would be saying dads what's wrong? I'd just respond nothing your dad is just going nuts.

I'd go swimming in the pool a few laps in I'd feel like I'm about to drown and start to freak out- anxiety attack.

At the time I thought it might have been a blood sugar problem so I went to the doctors they did a glucose test- came back fine. Hooked me up to an ekg- all was fine. I was like man maybe I just have anxiety.

Later that day a few hours later decided to check out this new church- they had a prayer group at the end. I decided to sit in on it and I swear midway I just felt the presence of God and completely at calm. It was great- like a heavy load lifted off my shoulders. I left that prayer meeting called my family saying I thought the issue was spirtual.

Didn't have any issues for about a week then felt those old feelings of anxiety work up again and I prayed on it and cast it out in the name of Jesus and... Thankfully- haven't had issues since.

Bear in mind this is different anxiety then anxiety you get when you stand up in front of a class to speak or something this was paralyzingly anxiety that would come on spontaneously- not natural similar to what you're kind of describing.

I'm not claiming to know all reasons for anxiety but I would recommend looking at it from a spirtual perspective before you get on any anti depressants. Maybe check to make sure your blood pressure and vitals are all good and look at it from a spirtual perspective.

Believe it or not I believe demons can oppress you and bring on these feelings that can pretty much torment you day and night. The Name of Jesus Christ is powerful and i think it'd be worth looking into.

My family - my mom, brother and sister all suffer from similar stuff. My moms on antidepressants and she's handling it the best I've seen but she went through a lot of tough spots where the drugs actually made it worse. I attribute the fact she's doing better cause she regularly attends church now but that is obviously my opinion.

Not sure what your beliefs are but I recommend you look into it from a spirtual perspective.

Hey man I believe there are different reasons for anxiety attacks. I suffered with it in the past.

Science says that you have so much stress built up that you're not addressing that it creates that fight or flight response and your body kicks into freak out mode but there's nothing to run from or nothing to fight as its all in your head.

Made sense to me but really never solved my issue with anxiety.

In March I was sufferering bad from anxiety. I'd be driving down the road and I'd have to pull over thinking I was going to pass out or hyperventilate. My kid would be saying dads what's wrong? I'd just respond nothing your dad is just going nuts.

I'd go swimming in the pool a few laps in I'd feel like I'm about to drown and start to freak out- anxiety attack.

At the time I thought it might have been a blood sugar problem so I went to the doctors they did a glucose test- came back fine. Hooked me up to an ekg- all was fine. I was like man maybe I just have anxiety.

Later that day a few hours later decided to check out this new church- they had a prayer group at the end. I decided to sit in on it and I swear midway I just felt the presence of God and completely at calm. It was great- like a heavy load lifted off my shoulders. I left that prayer meeting called my family saying I thought the issue was spirtual.

Didn't have any issues for about a week then felt those old feelings of anxiety work up again and I prayed on it and cast it out in the name of Jesus and... Thankfully- haven't had issues since.

Bear in mind this is different anxiety then anxiety you get when you stand up in front of a class to speak or something this was paralyzingly anxiety that would come on spontaneously- not natural similar to what you're kind of describing.

I'm not claiming to know all reasons for anxiety but I would recommend looking at it from a spirtual perspective before you get on any anti depressants. Maybe check to make sure your blood pressure and vitals are all good and look at it from a spirtual perspective.

Believe it or not I believe demons can oppress you and bring on these feelings that can pretty much torment you day and night. The Name of Jesus Christ is powerful and i think it'd be worth looking into.

My family - my mom, brother and sister all suffer from similar stuff. My moms on antidepressants and she's handling it the best I've seen but she went through a lot of tough spots where the drugs actually made it worse. I attribute the fact she's doing better cause she regularly attends church now but that is obviously my opinion.

Not sure what your beliefs are but I recommend you look into it from a spirtual perspective.

thats always an option for me. I am not a religious person but have faith. I really dont want to be mediicated. I am not 100% against it but I kinda want it to be a last resort. I gonna try the excrise more and talking it out first before I decide to medicate or anytbing. I am looking at all options and all opions are welcome.

Just think about the worse that could happen and put it into perspective, then you realize it's not that big a deal and doesn't warrant going bananas over.

Tell your Dr, and look at potentially getting a cognitive therapist.

You don't need a psychiatrist for meds, but a therapist is someone who has to listen to you, and is neutral. Neutral, is in, they aren't part of your life, so they have an outside perspective.

Its a good valve to vent on, and a decent one will give you small tools to use if shit starts coming on.

Back