Next TUF will be Heavyweights. Finally UFC!!

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by Weidman, Apr 25, 2018.

1. The_Renaissance

The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

Cast as has been announced, and it's fucking stinking.

Josh Parisian (7-2) is easily the best guy. Maurice Greene (5-2) isn't terrible. We then have a 37yr old Spanish bloke I've never heard of; a 35/36 yr old Pole (Mysiala) with a journeyman 22-10 type record; Anderson Da Silva (is this guy a former K1 guy? I'm not sure if the same guy). It's shite.

Farewell, TUF. I enjoyed you up until around season 17/18, a lot, then my interest waned year upon year until I just stopped watching.

2. massass 1081

massass 1081 Green Belt

Dana pulls this crap every season, taking the best prospects from tryouts and either sticking them on a small card or on his contender series. Not saying it would have made a great series but putting Jeff Hughes and Austin Lane (instead of having him slug it out with Hardy) would have improved the series a bit. Josh P wouldn't have even been on the show if Rebello's opponent hadn't have withdrawn on the contendor's show, and honestly he looks like the best among the bunch. The women also, they only had 28 show up to tryouts, that should speak to how much of a mistake it was to go ahead with the division. For some reason they passed over the more well known names prob to fill future cards. If they keep the show going it would be time to mix oversees cast and just dub the show, there just isn't the talent available anymore.

Koniradi98 likes this.
  3. The_Renaissance

I forgot about Michel Batista actually. The HW Romero, possibly - old Cuban wrestler. He'll probably grind his way to winning the season, probably beating Parisian in the final. Its guys like Mysiala I have the problem with - middle-aged journeyman with nothing to offer.

4. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

Heavyweight, Schmeavyweight. The last time they did heavyweights (TUF Brazil) we ended up with a bunch of LHW's and MW's. Antonio Carlos Jr. was the winner. Never fought at heavyweight after that. So it won't be a refreshing of the division.

5. The_Renaissance

I'm predicting a dull, boring, decision heavy round of HW fights. Final = Parisian vs. Batista, with Batista winning. Losing semi-finalists get a prelim fight on the Finale - Greene vs. Sosoli. Nobody else gets a UFC look-in.