Locked NFL Discussion: Off szn

What are you looking forward to most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I actually think he's a pretty interesting fella and obviously I'm a fan, but yeah it looks unlikely that he will take less money. In fact, if reports are true, it's looking like the Packers offered 50 (!) million per year and they likely didn't do that if there's any chance of him taking less. Maybe, like @JackWhite suggested, it could be a PR thing so he looks like a hero when he "only" ends up taking 40m or something lol.

Wasn't Rodgers part of some players union? He'd probably think it would be a bad look if he took less money. But I'd be shocked if he balked at the FO telling him "look Aaron, if you leave X amount of dollars on the table, we can keep Campbell, Douglas and give Davante a little bit more." He doesn't have to take a huge paycut, but you gotta leave something to make this all work, lol.

Wasn't Rodgers part of some players union? He'd probably think it would be a bad look if he took less money. But I'd be shocked if he balked at the FO telling him "look Aaron, if you leave X amount of dollars on the table, we can keep Campbell, Douglas and give Davante a little bit more." He doesn't have to take a huge paycut, but you gotta leave something to make this all work, lol.
He's not in the union anymore so that shouldn't be the problem. Even 40m would be pushing it, considering Tom Brady took 25 million and had a dirt cheap cap hit this season. Mahomes has 45m per and GOAT Allen 43m per, he's pushing 40 so if he wants some help around him he knows what to do.

Crazy to think we might keep spags and let Eric Bieniemy walk.

It sucks that Bieniemy didn't get a HC job this year- or previous years for that matter- but it might be time for him to move on and either take a college HC job or a different OC job in the league. Fair or not, he might be more 'trusted' if he has success somewhere else.

And yeah, I don't get the Chiefs keeping Spags on if he based their entire defense around Honey Badger's skill set/versatility, and then you're probably going to lose him to FA. I think the Joe Cullen addition to the coaching staff is a good one, but they're not going to be able to run the same scheme. Hope Spags and co can adapt to whatever route they take in FA/the draft

Resign Orlando Brown, find a legit #2 reciever and sign all the pass rushers.

Great list. Veach is really transparent about what he likes to focus on so we should know by the draft what direction they're taking on both sides of the ball.

can’t wait for our raiders to have home field advantage in the sb.
Third year in a row the SB will be played in a home stadium and second year in a row a hard working WR will win SBMVP. Going to be awesome.

you don’t want to be hanging out around sofi lmao. Coastal LA and Hollywood are dope though.
How’s LA State Historic Park? My favorite band is performing at a festival that’s being held there in September.

Hey man, Revo loves his 3 hour commute and 2800$ mortgage for his 1100sqft two bedroom
$2800 would be a steal tbh.

There are nice areas surrounding it but LA legitimately sucks. It is filthy and overran with homeless. Its the same as the Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back