NFL Discussion v80: Cousins to raid and pillage the NFC North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure that Sherman really got fleeced due to not having an agent or was no team in their right mind giving him a shit ton guaranteed coming off a ruptured achiles?

What is there to understand? A 1.4 billion dollar difference seems pretty straight forward. The economy hasn’t fluctuated that much over 4 years. In fact the nfl is supposedly suffering at the moment and the Canthers are still more than twice as valuable lmao.
lmao. The NFL is suffering but makes 13 billion dollars a year now. How much did it make 4 years ago? My guess is that it's gone up since then especially since they just got a ton more money after dumping papa johns and changing their TNF network.

Are we sure that Sherman really got fleeced due to not having an agent or was no team in their right mind giving him a shit ton guaranteed coming off a ruptured achiles?
Think he should have at least gave him self an out if he met some of those hard to reach incentives.

Probably somewhere inbetween.

lmao. The NFL is suffering but makes 13 billion dollars a year now. How much did it make 4 years ago? My guess is that it's gone up since then especially since they just got a ton more money after dumping papa johns and changing their TNF network.

Ratings have been on the decline for a couple years now. I think the difference in price probably has more to do with two teams having catastrophic playoff droughts while the other has been a consistent contender with franchise players like Can and Luke.

Ratings have been on the decline for a couple years now. I think the difference in price probably has more to do with two teams having catastrophic playoff droughts while the other has been a consistent contender with franchise players like Can and Luke.
Ratings are down but money is up. I wonder why?

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-ad-revenue-increasing-despite-dropping-viewership-2017-10

While the Canthers should be valued more than both of those teams it has nothing to do with playoff droughts and it's nowhere near double. And lmao @ a teams value being tied to two Cans that won't be playing on the team in five years. Has to do more with location

The dolphins sold for 1.1 billion in 2008 does that mean the Canthers are also worth more?

Last edited:
Ratings are down but money is up. I wonder why?

While the Canthers should be valued more than both of those teams it has nothing to do with playoff droughts and it's nowhere near double. And lmao @ a teams value being tied to two Cans that won't be playing on the team in five years.

The dolphins sold for 1.1 billion in 2008 does that mean the Canthers are also worth more?

That also shits on the Bills and Browns too by your logic then cuz the league generated even less revenue in 08 than it did in 11 and 14 lmao. And Miami probably did well because of location and it’s a fairly historic franchise. Nobody gives a shit about Cleveland or Buffalo lmao. The Canthers are pretty much the only pro sports franchise in the Carolinas(lol at the hornets) so that helps their value as well. But since revenue increase is your main argument here let’s break it down.

2008 7.75 bil,
Dolphins sell for 1.1

2011 8.82 bil
Browns sell for 1

2014 11.9 bil
Bills sell for 1.1

2018 14 bil
Canthers selling for at least 2.5

So for unknown reasons, a 2 billion dollar jump in revenue despite ratings decreases DOUBLES the value of nfl franchises? But when the revenue increased by 4 billion the Bills still sold for as much as the fins? Rofl the reality is just that the Bills and Browns are significantly less desirable franchises to own than the Canthers and Fins. If the panthers were perennial losers and missed the playoffs for almost 20 years straight or had actual winless seasons their value would be significantly lower.

Need a new thread

It'd be funny if Crabtree was still there

The Sherminator goes to the San Francisco 49ers!

B6eUezECQAAURfC.jpg

nintchdbpict0003096373631.jpg

tumblr_mhlysd15vF1rbyhnwo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back