NFL rejects "Please Stand" ad from Veterans group

Hardly any good QBs? This is by far the best quarterbacking era in history. There are, at minimum, 4 Hall-of-Fame quarterbacks playing right now (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roeth), with a few on the periphery (Wilson, Eli), and a bunch who could end up punching their own ballot eventually (Wentz, Goff, Prescott, Ryan, Cam Newton, Carr).

The problem is that there are too many good QBs and too must roster parity. The NFL has done a great job in the salary cap era of promoting parity, but has done so to an apparent fault.

Also, the effect of injuries and the CBA cutting into training camp intensity and frequency has made the first 4-5 weeks just awfully played football.
Remove Prescott from that list. Pretty obvious this year without Zeke the dude is barely game manager level.

Hardly any good QBs? This is by far the best quarterbacking era in history. There are, at minimum, 4 Hall-of-Fame quarterbacks playing right now (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roeth), with a few on the periphery (Wilson, Eli), and a bunch who could end up punching their own ballot eventually (Wentz, Goff, Prescott, Ryan, Cam Newton, Carr).

The problem is that there are too many good QBs and too must roster parity. The NFL has done a great job in the salary cap era of promoting parity, but has done so to an apparent fault.

Also, the effect of injuries and the CBA cutting into training camp intensity and frequency has made the first 4-5 weeks just awfully played football.

QB have been helped with the shitty D changes. Game is so much in favor of the O.

Let the CB & WR fight for the ball.

Fuck football. Not because of any of this but just because it sucks in general.

I've yet to encounter a combat vet that actually gives a shit about the NFL kneeling.

Remove Prescott from that list. Pretty obvious this year without Zeke the dude is barely game manager level.

He had a sophomore slump. It happens. He also had very middling receiver play. I'd give him some more time. He's talented, a fast learner, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Also, Zeke is overrated as hell. I think Alf's production kind of showed just how much of Zeke's production was owed to Dallas having the best run blocking o-line this side of the 2003 Chiefs.

QB have been helped with the shitty D changes. Game is so much in favor of the O.

Let the CB & WR fight for the ball.

100% agree.

Well, I don't advocate getting rid of PI, but I very much would like to see a return to bump and run. If the NFL is smart, they'll do that. Having all the DB's off the ball is worse for causing injuries, since it causes more frequent and higher impact hits from the separation downfield.

What a bunch of cunts.

You joined the military. So have about a third of humans to ever live. But, unlike them, you guys have access to information that lets you know how silly nationalism is, and you get career benefits from your enlistment that greatly outweigh your professional qualifications.

Don't expect us to needlessly worship you just because you made a smart career decision that may or may not have been supplemented by delusions of personal virtue.

The US, with its culture of military worship, is really the only place where a veterans advocacy group could choose to spend big bucks on this type of frivolous shit when they could instead be focusing on veteran health benefits, veteran homelessness, or lobbying the government to stop getting them killed for private profit.
You don't actually believe a THIRD of all humans to ever lived served in the military, do you? Like, how could you even come up with such an asinine claim?

You don't actually believe a THIRD of all humans to ever lived served in the military, do you? Like, how could you even come up with such an asinine claim?

No, of course not. I would have no idea how to quantify that.

If I were to guess, I would throw my lot in at around one-tenth, though, especially considering the spike in the human population and the death count of WWII. I would assume much higher for more informal definitions of enlistment.

No, of course not. I would have no idea how to quantify that.

If I were to guess, I would throw my lot in at around one-tenth, though, especially considering the spike in the human population and the death count of WWII. I would assume much higher for more informal definitions of enlistment.
Don't say things you don't believe just for the sake of embellishing a post on a karate forum for internet points.

Who gives a shit?

Great thread @sniper. Really helps support your constant assertions that everyone needs to quit playing politics, and demonizing the other side. You're such a hypocritical moron.

I'm glad they're aren't going to publish the advertisement. It would've been divisive and stupid to publish it. Total non-story.

Read the OP again. Really really really slowly

And I'm sure they would have said no to an ad supporting kneeling

Good on the NFL.

Let the Super Bowl be A political

And WTF. Get a good Halftime show

Did you get a whole 18 minutes of action during those three-and-a-half-hour games?

I go a whole three and a half hours of excitement out of them and memories of some games that will last year's.

The Saints/Vikes game, Steelers/Jags, the Patriots comeback. All amazing.

I go a whole three and a half hours of excitement out of them and memories of some games that will last year's.

The Saints/Vikes game, Steelers/Jags, the Patriots comeback. All amazing.

Back in the glory days, you got a whole three and a half hours of football. No breaks, players just never stopped. Every since Kap knelt down, it's just not the same.

One day people will understand the first amendment.

Today is not that day.
Fuck!!
It’s blowing my mind nowadays...these motherfuckers need to seriously implement a better government 101 class in high school because the amount of people who don’t understand freedom of speech is astronomical...

The NFL should tread lightly here. They've already alienated and offended so many of their viewers.

Many people now only watch the NFL's boring three-and-a-half-hour games (with only 11 minutes of actual action) out of a sense of tradition.

The NFL is constantly giving people less and less reasons to watch their games.
Maybe people should watch the game...for ....

The game.

Lol, people act as if the nfl is the right arm of the government or something,it’s a private company that pays grown men to wear tights and throw a leather ball around.

They have the right to refuse the add and the veterans have a right to make it know they refused them.

For me I don't care I'm not going to watch anyway.

What does kneeling have to do with our troops? Absolutely nothing
It does have something to do with the military. Initially Kaepernick would sit during the anthem but after reading an open letter by a veteran and former NFL player and talking to him in person he was convinced to kneel instead
Army Special Forces veteran Nate Boyer has said that his conversations with Kaepernick influenced the former NFL player to kneel, rather than sit, during the anthem.

"We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammate. Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother’s grave, you know, to show respect. When we’re on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."
But apparently even that's not good enough...

Maybe people should watch the game...for ....

The game.

Lol, people act as if the nfl is the right arm of the government or something,it’s a private company that pays grown men to wear tights and throw a leather ball around.

Maybe they should stick to wearing tights and throwing a leather ball around.

Don't start no shit and there will not be any shit.

Back