NFL rejects "Please Stand" ad from Veterans group

It does have something to do with the military. Initially Kaepernick would sit during the anthem but after reading an open letter by a veteran and former NFL player and talking to him in person he was convinced to kneel instead

But apparently even that's not good enough...

Kafir is it possible to kneel and still respect the military?

I don’t know what one has to do with the other or how it got lumped together.

Sure how about after the anthem they take a knee for 1 full minute before they start to play. That gets the point across.

Sure I think so, that's the whole reason they started kneeling.
Sure how about after the anthem they take a knee for 1 full minute before they start to play. That gets the point across.
What's wrong with kneeling during the anthem? Like I showed there, they're doing it specifically out of respect for the military while also trying to make their point. If people are still annoyed after that concession then they're likely the type who would never be satisfied unless the gesture is completely out of sight and out of mind.

Why should they? So thin skinned folks feel better about themselves

They don't have to do anything but what the NFL requires.

I find it disrespectful but I don't mean anything to the NFL, at least by myself anyway.

You sound like You are crying because other people don't share your view.

The players and the NFL can do what they want and I support that right.

And I can chose not to participate.

Sure I think so, that's the whole reason they started kneeling.

What's wrong with kneeling during the anthem? Like I showed there, they're doing it specifically out of respect for the military while also trying to make their point. If people are still annoyed after that concession then they're likely the type who would never be satisfied unless the gesture is completely out of sight and out of mind.

I gave the reason Why.

What do you mean satisfied ?

I still would question their view and how real it was but I certainly would not find it offensive.

There are plenty of vets who support the protests.

AMVETS should not pretend this is a unified message.

And I'm sure they would have said no to an ad supporting kneeling

Good on the NFL.

Let the Super Bowl be A political

And WTF. Get a good Halftime show
Last year they had the audi (feminist) commercial and the pro immigration one during the election so now it’s like oh we don’t want to poliicalize the Super Bowl? It’s more like we know where the NFL really stands. If they declined a pro weed commercial you know how manny of you would lose your minds but but but alcohol. Also no surprise the left posters attacking everything but the actual substance of the OP

There are plenty of vets who support the protests.

AMVETS should not pretend this is a unified message.

There are some but the overwhelming don't support the form it's taken. They overwhelming support their right to protest if their employer allows it.

You don't actually believe a THIRD of all humans to ever lived served in the military, do you? Like, how could you even come up with such an asinine claim?

Dude's got some hard on for vets. Love the emotionally overwrought post and calls others "cunts." That's rich.

I'm a combat vet. Never was comfortable being called "hero." Just did my job like I wanted to do. Go fight. I do feel I earned my benefits considering the physical damage I sustained, but I'm sure that geek disagrees cuz I'm a "cunt."

Couldn't care less about a bunch of low iq footballers kneeling for some laughable narrative they buy into.

There are some but the overwhelming don't support the form it's taken. They overwhelming support their right to protest if their employer allows it.
Their employer is not paying them to stand for the anthem, and really has no right to ask them to do so. What if a player was a Jehovah's witness? They dont stand for the anthem. It's a stupid tradition that has no place in a business.

Their employer is not paying them to stand for the anthem, and really has no right to ask them to do so. What if a player was a Jehovah's witness? They dont stand for the anthem. It's a stupid tradition that has no place in a business.

They are on company time so the company can require it unless the supreme court says they can't. That could be established in court. The NFL can stop playing it if they want but now the reaction may not be what they want also.

Edit: the Jehovah's case before this could be standing.

Last edited:
They are on company time so the company can require it unless the supreme court says they can't. That could be established in court. The NFL can stop playing it if they want but now the reaction may not be what they want also.
They are on company time... and they are there. They have clocked in. A company can't force you to pay tribute to something any more than they can force you to pray.

They are on company time... and they are there. They have clocked in. A company can't force you to pay tribute to something any more than they can force you to pray.

See edit above.

Back