Media Ngannou blasts Jon Jones: "Tell your daddy to release you!"

Haku: Pro wrestlers say he is tough so he can beat possibly the greatest MMA fighter ever, STFU you absolute fool. This is literally the worst take I've ever seen on Sherdog, you should be banned for this alone.

Alexander Karelin: No he wouldn't, a wrestler who cannot strike and has no submission game does not beat a fighter as well rounded as Jones. Another bad take but nowhere near as bad as the Haku one, Jesus Christ - I'm still rattled that someone could be so stupid as to think Haku can beat Jon Jones.

Fedor: Yeah right, he couldn't even beat Dan Henderson.

The Great Gama: First of all who da fuk is dat guy? After reading up on him, it's a cool story but don't be silly. A rudimentary wrestler does not beat Jon Jones.

Hakuho Sho: Go watch early UFCs, watch what happened to sumo wrestlers against far inferior strikers than Jon Jones.
I laughed out loud when i read about the fighters who he thinks can beat Jones.
He should be a comedian

I guess you’re just a casual then..
lol... I've been studyinging MMA since before most current fans were born.

Anywayz... You're talking about Ngannou being he "lineal champ." which is a nice play on words to simply say he "once held the belt." Miocic held it longer and he's supposedly on deck next. If Jon beats him, he'll have as many HW championships as Ngannou, plus the decade long run of collecting LW belts without teh embarrassing losses Ngannou had on his way up.

For a new champ maybe you could hold Ngannou over him, but with Jones holding the belt after having cleaned up LHW (including DC who also is a "Lineal champ" at HW with as many belts as Ngannou...) it doesn't really mean much.

"When you've been in the octogon with as many killers as Jon Jones, there is no fear, because many have tried & all have failed." (DC also agrees that Jon was never afraid of Ngannou - just prior to that time stamp.)

There's also a Hybrid fight offered from the UFC for Jones to fight Tyson Fury. Regarding why Jones came back at this time... perhaps Jones didn't get the UFC pay he wanted, but maybe that was how they greased Jon's wheels enough to get him back in the game.

That's all speculation... but mainly it seems ridiculous to me that Jones was ducking anyone.

Last edited:
Lol. Jon isn't going anywhere and why would he? If Frances is the one who wants the fight, he's going to have to sign back with the UFC which we all know won't happen.
Yeah Jon totally wants that fight

Ngannou, as a free agent, turned down a UFC contract he had resisted to renew for 3 years.

Jones turned down 10 millions to fight Ngannou while he was under contract.

you interpret this tweet an offer turned down?

"I had a brief phone meeting with UFC‘s lawyer Hunter a few days ago. As of right now I expressed to him that anywhere around eight to $10 million would be way too low for a fight of this magnitude. That’s all that has been discussed so far."

Guess you havent gotten to a point in life where you negotiate compensation yet? Which is fair.

How much was Jones actually offered to fight Francis in the fight Francis turned down?

What is Jones subsequent contract?

you interpret this tweet an offer turned down?

That's not subject to interpretation. He was offered 10 millions to fight Ngannou and turned down the offer

Guess you havent gotten to a point in life where you negotiate compensation yet? Which is fair.

I must have missed the episode where he was then offered more than 10M and accepted to fight Ngannou.
Oh yeah... that's because there was no negociation, and he turned it down.

How much was Jones actually offered to fight Francis in the fight Francis turned down?

What is Jones subsequent contract?
There was no fight offer. Ngannou was a free agent after resisting the UFC pressure renew his contract for over 3 years, and after the UFC failed to meet his contract demands.

Guess you havent gotten to a point in life where you negotiate a work contract yet? Which is fair.

And now Francis is fighting people you can’t pick out of a police lineup..
Not the greatest metaphor tbh

Jones_Jonathan.7.19.87_Date.3.26.20.0.0.jpg

That's not subject to interpretation. He was offered 10 millions to fight Ngannou and turned down the offer

I must have missed the episode where he was then offered more than 10M and accepted to fight Ngannou.
Oh yeah... that's because there was no negociation, and he turned it down.

There was no fight offer. Ngannou was a free agent after resisting the UFC pressure renew his contract for over 3 years, and after the UFC failed to meet his contract demands.

Guess you havent gotten to a point in life where you negotiate a work contract yet? Which is fair.

<WhatIsThis>

You posted a tweet (during/prior to negotiations) from two years prior to Francis 8 million offer, where Jones says 8-10 would be too low, and you interpret that as contract offer?

Francis stated he was offered 8 million to fight Jones. You have zero
clue as to how much Jones agreed to fight for

Francis stated he was offered 8 million to fight Jones. You have zero
clue as to how much Jones agreed to fight for
Of course I don't. Because there is ZERO evidence that Jones has ever agreed to fight Ngannou for any amount.

If I am wrong, show me the evidence.

lol... I've been studyinging MMA since before most current fans were born.

Anywayz... You're talking about Ngannou being he "lineal champ." which is a nice play on words to simply say he "once held the belt." Miocic held it longer and he's supposedly on deck next. If Jon beats him, he'll have as many HW championships as Ngannou, plus the decade long run of collecting LW belts without teh embarrassing losses Ngannou had on his way up.

For a new champ maybe you could hold Ngannou over him, but with Jones holding the belt after having cleaned up LHW (including DC who also is a "Lineal champ" at HW with as many belts as Ngannou...) it doesn't really mean much.

"When you've been in the octogon with as many killers as Jon Jones, there is no fear, because many have tried & all have failed." (DC also agrees that Jon was never afraid of Ngannou - just prior to that time stamp.)

There's also a Hybrid fight offered from the UFC for Jones to fight Tyson Fury. Regarding why Jones came back at this time... perhaps Jones didn't get the UFC pay he wanted, but maybe that was how they greased Jon's wheels enough to get him back in the game.

That's all speculation... but mainly it seems ridiculous to me that Jones was ducking anyone.

I never said Jones ducked anyone. I pointed out the fact and truth of the matter than Francis is the lineal champ. You’re a casual if you don’t understand the implications of this (Dennis Reynolds voice). Francis is the guy even if Jones has another impressive win. If Francis keeps on winning, he’s still the guy. Everything else you’ve said is besides the point.

I never said Jones ducked anyone. I pointed out the fact and truth of the matter than Francis is the lineal champ. You’re a casual if you don’t understand the implications of this (Dennis Reynolds voice). Francis is the guy even if Jones has another impressive win. If Francis keeps on winning, he’s still the guy. Everything else you’ve said is besides the point.

Francis isn't the guy anymore as soon as Jones made quick work of the guy Francis had to lay n pray for five rounds.

Francis isn't the guy anymore as soon as Jones made quick work of the guy Francis had to lay n pray for five rounds.
I completely understand what you’re saying, but you and I both know that’s not how this works.

Except that if Jones beats Stipe, he would then have beaten both people that Ngannou fought for both his titlez.
nphQWNf.jpg

Except that if Jones beats Stipe, he would then have beaten both people that Ngannou fought for both his titlez.
nphQWNf.jpg
you’re still replying like a casual. nothing you said changes the fact that Francis is the lineal Champ. Francis as long as he keeps winning has that title. Jones would still only be defeating people who weren’t the number 1 HW. this isn’t complicated. it is what it is.

you’re still replying like a casual. nothing you said changes the fact that Francis is the lineal Champ. Francis as long as he keeps winning has that title. Jones would still only be defeating people who weren’t the number 1 HW. this isn’t complicated. it is what it is.
You're starting to sound more & more like a casual with that pov.
Ngannou beat 2 people for those titlez. That doesn't offer him a claim to the throne for life. Especially if Jon beats the same 2 people for his 2 titles.

Do you extend that same phisolophy to Khabib & GSP? Nobody ever in either weight class gets any credit because those guys split with the title.

You're starting to sound more & more like a casual with that pov.
Ngannou beat 2 people for those titlez. That doesn't offer him a claim to the throne for life. Especially if Jon beats the same 2 people for his 2 titles.

Do you extend that same phisolophy to Khabib & GSP? Nobody ever in either weight class gets any credit because those guys split with the title.
Are you serious? Those guys are retired. Ngannou is still competing. Foh. You must not understand combat sports <45>

Back