NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makani

Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free
@Gold
Reaction score
So Markov isn't coming back. Bergevin's hardball turns to blueballs. At least they have that Sergachev kid on D, I hear he's going to be great.

All is good in Habs world, Streit replaced Markov..

.. and no worries about Rad either, Hemsky will easily match that production.

WtLJKoI.gif

Neither can I. This off season has been a spectacular failure. SAD!

tough news about Enzo.
hope he beats it and broadcasts both hockey and horse racing for years to come.

seriously surprised scotty Up and franson havent gotten at least a PTO offer yet.

Question for Canada hockey fans -- if nhl'érs were going to the olympics next year -- would you take toews??

Question for Canada hockey fans -- if nhl'érs were going to the olympics next year -- would you take toews??
I think he's fit into that "Captain Canada" role where you have to take him for "character". He's performed pretty well in international play.

I think he's fit into that "Captain Canada" role where you have to take him for "character". He's performed pretty well in international play.

Yeah that's the argument I tend to agree with as well -- but, with Mcdavid and crosby taking 1 and 2 Center spots -- Seguin, Bergeron, Getz, toews, Scheifele (fuck yes you take him at this point), Tavares for the remaining 3 spots (assuming they take a center as their 13th man) toews can't play wing that well -- so it would be an interesting decision

Yeah that's the argument I tend to agree with as well -- but, with Mcdavid and crosby taking 1 and 2 Center spots -- Seguin, Bergeron, Getz, toews, Scheifele (fuck yes you take him at this point), Tavares for the remaining 3 spots (assuming they take a center as their 13th man) toews can't play wing that well -- so it would be an interesting decision

I feel like they'd move one of those guys to wing for him, but Hockey Canada can be ruthless at weird times. I would probably leave him off if I'm picking pragmatically, but I think you'd need him to have a real stinker of a season for them to do it.

He'd have to be having an abysmal season to leave him off. He's preformed at every level for Canada, whether it be the three shootout goals in the World Juniors or the fact that he scored in both Olympic Gold Medal games he's played, first goal in each game I think. He's also one of the best two way centers in the league.

I get that there's a lot of great young players Canada could choose from but I think you still take him.

He'd have to be having an abysmal season to leave him off. He's preformed at every level for Canada, whether it be the three shootout goals in the World Juniors or the fact that he scored in both Olympic Gold Medal games he's played, first goal in each game I think. He's also one of the best two way centers in the league.

I get that there's a lot of great young players Canada could choose from but I think you still take him.

I agree that you take him and Bergeron but that means you definitely do not take Getz (who is a way better play driver than toews and you probably don't take Scheifele (only 3 centers have had better production / corse at 5v5 - Mcdavid, crosby and malkin) over the past 3 seasons. (he MAY be able to play wing)

Which means you take Tavares as your 5th center and probably put Seguin on a wing.

Toews isn't offensively dynamic enough (at least not over the past 3 /4 seasons) to play wing

You leave him at home, and it's not even close.

He has't been good defensivley in a while either. Got fucking worked by the Preds top lines in the playoffs.

Crosby
McGayvid
Bergeron
Seguin
Tavares
Scheifele
Monahan
Johansen

He's not better then any of those dudes.

Toews has been in a steady decline the last couple of seasons, and next year won't be any better. His time has come and gone.

Crosby
McGayvid
Bergeron
Seguin
Tavares
Scheifele
Monahan
Johansen

He's not better then any of those dudes.

Toews has been in a steady decline the last couple of seasons, and next year won't be any better. His time has come and gone.

Harsh - maybe not untrue but harsh.

Just for fun: pick your team /lines.

Hall - McDavid - Stamkos
Benn - Crosby - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Scheifele
Johansen - Tavares - O'Reilly

Toews

Possibly take Carter over toews

Burns - subban
Doughty - letang
Keith - Giordano

"Peter Angelo" - Don cherry
Or Vlasic, maybe Ellis

Price
Holtby
Jones

Defoes have Peter Angelo ahead of Giordano. Vlasic should probably make the cut as well. I'm not really a fan of Ellis.

Ultimately, any one individual player doesn't matter that much for TC.

Just for fun: pick your team /lines.

Hall - McDavid - Stamkos
Benn - Crosby - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Scheifele
Johansen - Tavares - O'Reilly

Toews

Possibly take Carter over toews

Burns - subban
Doughty - letang
Keith - Giordano

"Peter Angelo" - Don cherry
Or Vlasic, maybe Ellis