Nicco's public statement is genuinely extraordinary

fuck off they didn't. The chick she was supposed to fight said she wouldn't show, she didn't show the other times. we've all been saying for months she wouldn't fight.

This is true. Nicco not showing up was hardly a shock. I think many would have been more surprised if she did fight.

So much for "fighting spirit" being her motivation.

Girl is getting cut as soon as she loses her next bout... If she doesn't get cut before that, of course.

Would be hilarious if she gets Antonina Shevchenko as her next opponent.

Wow, absolutely torches Valentina and the UFC

Much more coherent and intelligent than Valentina's statement

Inb4 valentina whiteknights come at me

Anyone who reads all that needs to re-evaluate some things.

The worst part of her IG statement was that she inabled comments! The trolling would have been gold

Wow man... I didn't expect all this hateful backlash from the people here. Wasn't she hospitalized because of the weight cut? What more could she do in that regard? Die? Chill guys... She makes a couple of fair points (UFC pressure from the start, Shevchenko being pushy and aggressive for no apparent reason, recent legit health problems etc).

Nicco is pathetic and will lose her first title defence mark my words

Wow man... I didn't expect all this hateful backlash from the people here. Wasn't she hospitalized because of the weight cut? What more could she do in that regard? Die? Chill guys... She makes a couple of fair points (UFC pressure from the start, Shevchenko being pushy and aggressive for no apparent reason, recent legit health problems etc).

The weight-cut is part of her job. She messed it up and now she's trying to find an excuse. Do your job or fight in a different weight class.

The weight-cut is part of her job. She messed it up and now she's trying to find an excuse. Do your job or fight in a different weight class.

Just because it's "part of her job" doesn't mean she should DIE doing it, right? I agree that she should move up in weight if she can't cut it safely in her next fight but in this situation this "hardass" attitude is not appropriate. It was a health issue and health should always come first, no matter what. It is frustrating for a fight to get cancelled but we should understand that she couldn't do anything more in this situation. The human body isn't a machine which will function the same way always. Some more understanding guys... Ease up is all i'm saying.

Centuries of genocide committed by European settlers in the Americas? Yeah okay.

Just because it's "part of her job" doesn't mean she should DIE doing it, right? I agree that she should move up in weight if she can't cut it safely in her next fight but in this situation this "hardass" attitude is not appropriate. It was a health issue and health should always come first, no matter what. It is frustrating for a fight to get cancelled but we should understand that she couldn't do anything more in this situation. The human body isn't a machine which will function the same way always. Some more understanding guys... Ease up is all i'm saying.
Don't get me wrong. If she can't make the weight due to health issues I am the last person to blame her. But her posting is a joke. She will be fine in a different weight class. She had nine months and in my opinion the ufc was right to strip her of the title.

Don't get me wrong. If she can't make the weight due to health issues I am the last person to blame her. But her posting is a joke. She will be fine in a different weight class. She had nine months and in my opinion the ufc was right to strip her of the title.

She did postpone the fight for quite a while, that's true and you have a valid point there. I'm on the fence for the title stripping. You have to earn some leeway first and unfortunately for her she couldn't make it to her first fight as a champion and that looks worse than it is. On the other hand, we have seen the UFC do some...questionable things with their decisions and titles, especially recently and it's very hard for me to support any decision they make. Bad situation however you look at it. All i asked from the people in here is to take all factors and views of the situation into account and don't judge overly harshly or act like "tough guys".

That's interesting. Nicco herself started the whole feud, by claiming that girls , like PVZ and Valentina don't deserve to fight her, cause they fought nobody at 125. (which was weird claim for a new weight class). Then she verbally attacked MMA journalist's masculinity and even took a jab at his heterosexuality.

Compared to her Valentina is an institute of noble maidens graduate.

This is why I'm sick of extreme weight-cutting in MMA. It's a fucking joke that people are putting their bodies through that kind of shit for no reason. And to hell with this woman and her bullshit excuses. She's the champ so she needs to fight...this is just absurd that she's blaming everything up to and including TUF for her failure to make weight. And it's hard to have any respect for this woman when she's blaming her opponent for being "mean." What a god damned joke and I'm glad she was stripped of the title.

Back