Nice recap of Sam Alvey's 7 fight losing streak

From a business perspective he’s a commodity due to being on a fairly modest 70K contract for a guy who has 23 UFC fights. He reportedly won’t turn fights down, is easy to negotiate with, especially stepping in on short notice. He’s actually been a main card guy for about 1/2 of his fights, on fight nights, a staple prelims guy for the PPV events.

Additionally the fact that 205 isn’t super deep talent wise helps, while he’s got a losing 10-12-1 in the UFC, about half of his loses are competitive split decisions that could’ve went his way.

The promotion has agreed to let him fight out his contract regardless of his losing streak, evidently he only has one fight left on his deal, I expect that will be his last UFC fight, unless he resigns for 12&12.

In hindsight it’s kinda sad for a guy who cracked the top 15 at LHW just a few years ago, at one point was on an 8-3 run at MW until he started having weight cut issues, put together a 4 fight win streak at one point.

But in the grand scheme of things he’s going to be will okay, his wife does fairly well for herself, so the family isn’t in danger of starvation. Besides that waking up every morning next to her wouldn’t be a bad constellation prize all things considered. For being in an 0-7-1 winless streak, He’s still winning in life, that’s why Sam Alvey is all smilie... I’m happy for the guy.
McKey%2BSullivan5.jpg

From a business perspective he’s a commodity due to being on a fairly modest 70K contract for a guy who has 23 UFC fights. He reportedly won’t turn fights down, is easy to negotiate with, especially stepping in on short notice. He’s actually been a main card guy for about 1/2 of his fights, on fight nights, a staple prelims guy for the PPV events.

Additionally the fact that 205 isn’t super deep talent wise helps, while he’s got a losing 10-12-1 in the UFC, about half of his loses are competitive split decisions that could’ve went his way.

The promotion has agreed to let him fight out his contract regardless of his losing streak, evidently he only has one fight left on his deal, I expect that will be his last UFC fight, unless he resigns for 12&12.

In hindsight it’s kinda sad for a guy who cracked the top 15 at LHW just a few years ago, at one point was on an 8-3 run at MW until he started having weight cut issues, put together a 4 fight win streak at one point.

But in the grand scheme of things he’s going to be will okay, his wife does fairly well for herself, so the family isn’t in danger of starvation. Besides that waking up every morning next to her wouldn’t be a bad constellation prize all things considered. For being in an 0-7-1 winless streak, He’s still winning in life, that’s why Sam Alvey is all smilie... I’m happy for the guy.
McKey%2BSullivan5.jpg
Alvey gets to wake up to that everyday ....... no sorry felt for the smiling one

I think it's a combination of defending all of the pay/benefits shenanigans and his willingness to throw down with anybody, anytime. He'll fight in other weight classes, basically just doesn't care

And Dana is probably getting some side piece action from the wife.

UFC was better when they cut people for back to back defeats. But they now have so many cards they need to entertain guys on losing streaks too just to fill cards
No way man. I love watching cards where I’ve only seen the people in the main event fight maybe once and have never heard of anyone else on the card whatsoever. It’s awesome

It's a bizarre situation, he may have taken on a lot of short notice fights so maybe he's in the UFC's good graces, would love to see him win his next fight but he looks pretty bad these days.

Lmao at the vid, i like the editing, the funniest was sams reaction after the draw and the last decision loss where he said fuck you judges lol

Back