NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also awaiting your first review. I'm a HUGE JRPG fan and this looks like a nice classic turn based JRPG, which the Switch is severely lacking at the moment. Keep us updated!
It is a really good game on Steam, so unless the port sucks, it should be really good on Switch, plus portable.

It is a really good game on Steam, so unless the port sucks, it should be really good on Switch, plus portable.

Yea part of the reason I got it right away was because of Steam reviews.

Keeping a close eye on my email this morning for Battle Chasers to ship. If it doesn't ship today, I likely won't have it to play over the weekend and it will be another frustrating weekend with Nioh.

For you guys who own this console. Is the majority of your usage as a handheld or on your tv? Or 50/50?

For you guys who own this console. Is the majority of your usage as a handheld or on your tv? Or 50/50?

I'm probably about 70/30 for handheld mode. I bought it going in knowing it would be a companion console to my PS4/XB1, they get a majority of my TV game time. The Switch I'll fall back to if the kids are watching a movie or when I'm out of town. Depending on the game I'm playing at the time is a big factor too. I played nothing but Zelda for months, both TV and handheld. YS VIII comes out in a few weeks, so I'll probably play that exclusively until I'm finished.

Mine is almost always docked. I just don’t have the need to play it handheld the majority of the time.

Mine is almost always docked. I just don’t have the need to play it handheld the majority of the time.
Same here.

Though I got Donkey Kong recently and have almost exclusively played it hand held.

Handheld almost exclusively. I use it every now and then on the TV if the game is just so good I can't put it down. Otherwise I try to save my switch games for down time at work and the extra time I have after eating lunch.

So how does the battery life hold up.

Sorry I realize this has probably been covered already. I’m just contemplating getting one to play at home when my wife is watching her shitty television shows.

Sorry I realize this has probably been covered already. I’m just contemplating getting one to play at home when my wife is watching her shitty television shows.

Depends what you're playing but you can get about 4 hours on average I'd say.

I have all 3 consoles and while I haven't played the switch quite so much lately, when a good game like Mario or Zelda comes out I'm stuck on that fucker for a good long time.

Depends on the game but if you're at home you can easily just charge it and play at the same time.

Just bought bought a Switch this morning, got Mario Kart and Donkey Kong for it.

Strongly considering triple dipping for Rocket League and I'm fascinated by the Doom port, for those who have Doom how is it? I played it on the Xbox and beat it but the handheld thing is super tempting.

So the Switch is a portable console but they're selling a game that requires a wifi connection to work.

I think that's why it's only in Japan right now since they have a much better wireless network and this would be a feasible option in most places there. A majority of my Switch play is at home, so this has my attention.

I honestly feel nervous taking my Switch anywhere, so I only play at home, so a wifi required game is alright by me.

Understandably annoying for some though.

My issue with the streaming is less about needing internet and more about not being able to actually own it. As in play it years and years down the road if I want.

the game comes out in a day in Japan, and there's no footage of the game in action. Never a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back