No Homo. I grew up liking Backstreet and N'Sync

Well I grew up liking Wham.
Not sure if homo.

Didn't know George Michael was gay until I was an adult.
I used to sing I Want Your Sex in elementary school. LOL

I grew up same I wasn’t watching that crap on MTV total request live . I was out skateboarding ! Alternative was best music then

I was big into Metal when I was in highschool (1999-2001) and everyone thought my friends and I were satanists. It is cool to wear metal shirts these days.

Fascinating. At the same time, while you were dreaming of banging a boy band, I had the hots for Christina...

dirrty-christina-aguilera-20021.gif

I remember recording that video onto a VHS and watching it over and over again. I must have been about 15 or 16 at the time.

I remember having there first cd when I was 7 years old. Not long after that I think my older cousin gave me Kill Em All, Slim Shady lp and Hybrid Theory. That was the end of my brief stint listening to boy bands.

I’m 31.. never liked them growing up. But I’ve seen both in concert. I cried my eyes out over having to see N’Sync for my sisters birthday. I actually kinda enjoyed Backstreet though. They came out from the back of the arena to the stage on hoverboards (held up by wires) and I thought it was cool haha.

Never had albums by them, but I enjoyed some of their songs when I was young and beginning to build my musical identity. Hell, I liked Avril Lavigne too.

Nothing wrong with that, I'm 32. When I was a apprentice a lot of journeyman's would play music of their generation 80's, now some of the guys I work with play music of our generation, as in Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Blink 182, Linkin Park, 112, Kc & Jo Jo, Boys 2 Men, Dre, 2pac etc. Couple of the new guys in the trade have never heard of Blink 182, it was kinda funny cause they actually liked it. Say what you want about late 90's-2000s music from that era still holds up today, same as the 80's music. This generation is kinda lacking when it comes to music I'll tell u that much.

Its crazy because both groups make fairly bad music. I think it speaks more to your horrible sense of music.

Stop man, that's homo. So quit playing games with my heart.

Wait...

This is the shit.

They sucked back then and they suck now. And it's not the genre either.

Today's teen pop >>> 90s teen pop

BSB and N'Sync just had painfully simple, dull, repetitive music.

I'd say pop tends to get worse when its aiming at a narrower market, in the 90's your dealing with an era were grunge, metal or in the UK Britpop were all having mainstream success and pop music tended to be aimed more specifically at young teens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back