International Non-Americans: How have the events in America the past week changed your view of America?

No change. Over the last 4 years it's become blatantly evident that a substantial part of your population is pathologically deluded. Case in point: you just had hundreds of people trying to stage an insurrection, most of whom didn't even bother to mask their identity, which leads to the inference that they were somehow under the impression that what they were doing wasn't highly illegal. You have to be deluded to the point of being 100% out of touch with reality for this to occur. You also have to be extremely dumb, which again comes as no surprise at this point.

Before I thought your politicians were incompetent, corrupt and only care about power. I also thought most of the people who made up the republican and democrat voters were dogmatic, partisan and treated politics like a sport in which you root for your team no matter what and justify any action no matter how nonsensical.

this past year has proven me to be spot on.
Absolutely spot-on

A coup? There were no guns. They lit no fires. It was a protest. 9 ducking months of riots and no you guys believe in law and order. Unreal
The right-wing made themselves look stupid and now The Left Wing smells blood in the water.

I swear sometimes, especially in America, if the Republican Party came out with a National healthcare plan a lot of Lefty's would suddenly become against social medicine.

The fun is in the arguing... I guess.

Last edited:
Hasn't changed much. If anything, it reinforced my thoughts on how bitterly dishonest your political sphere is, and how much it is driven by empty rhetoric rather than a fair characterization of the situation. You've had a full summer of riots spanning across America with more political and media figures than I can count pouring gasoline on, and downplaying or outright justifying, the damage, violence, and even death.

After all of that, the fact that we're even having this discussion as if indirect incitement by politicians were something new is a testament to how full of shit your politics is. Seriously, people who were, a few months ago bailing out rioters, saying "Where does it say that political protests have to be polite and peaceful," and giving impassioned speeches at the DNC loaded with incendiary half truths and mischaracterizations and even outright falsehoods to get people angry, and now pretending like they're appalled by inflammatory rhetoric. Sadly, both sides selectively buy the excuses when it suits their political purposes.

Yeah, it has just reinforced what I already thought. You guys don't want unity because you've bought the lie that the other side is evil, and because they're evil you don't have to treat them like people any more. Politicians are cleaning up on this, and using high-sounding moral language as a cudgel to beat down the moderates who might have had a chance of actually generating some unity - and they're doing it with the consent of their bases.
BANG
Goddamn. People on the outside see it much better than actual Americans do, at large.

I will wait and see what will happen in the next 8-10 days. Because: I think it's far from over.
Because one thing has to be said: as divided as the nation as such is, every president would have to climb Mount Everest in order to straighten it out again.

too divided, you let groups of minorities dictate your policies and social views.

Both sides are just as bad as each other. Its quite funny watching people claiming the moral high ground.
One group wants just treatment for all, environmental protection, separation of church and state, healthcare for all and another group couldnt care less, plus they believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories like Qanon

A coup? There were no guns. They lit no fires. It was a protest. 9 ducking months of riots and no you guys believe in law and order. Unreal
"protests" with smashed windows, ransacked building, zip ties to tie up politicians, pipe bombs, dead cops.

It was a terrorist attack you bellend

One group wants just treatment for all, environmental protection, separation of church and state, healthcare for all and another group couldnt care less, plus they believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories like Qanon

That is incredibly dishonest. QAnon is the saddest thing I've ever read about, because it's so ridiculous. But to say the left wants equality and, essentially, peace is so ridiculously dishonest it fuels conspiracy theories in itself. The left just wanted power. They got it. Now you see the truth. BLM/Antifa are still rioting.....no media coverage? Why? Because they're no longer needed. "Useful idiots" as Marxism would call them. Not needed anymore. Once Biden/Harris take power and nothing changes you'd expect some people to think 'what the fuck?'

But nobody will think 'maybe this isn't about skin colour.....maybe its about wealth and class after all?'

But nothing will be done about it.

i would not call what happened at the capitol building protest. if they had not broke in and killed people it would be different though.

It was called an "insurrection" by Biden, and that's technically accurate, even if it doesn't rate as such by international historical standards. Of course the US has an insurrection act which can be invoked by the President to use military force on civil disturbances.
Bush senior invoked it for the LA Riots, and there was clearly rioting here as well.
So it's pretty clear what Biden was preempting by using that description.
...and Trump had said that's exactly what he would do if there was rioting after the election, although of course he was thinking he'd win.

To label the people below as insurectionists and violent terrorists is a joke. Watch the video for 30 seconds to put this in perspective with what you are calling it.

https://rumble.com/embed/v9wkcr/?pub=4

Does this look like breaking in? They were let in and calmly walked through the gates the police opened. I don't know man... Watch the video to see for yourself.

To label the people below as insurectionists and violent terrorists is a joke. Watch the video for 30 seconds to put this in perspective with what you are calling it.

Does this look like breaking in? They were let in and calmly walked through the gates the police opened. I don't know man... Watch the video to see for yourself.

{<jimmies}

well at least there is a better chance of them killing the right people this way rather than random innocents. not that i condone any of it because i dont in any way shape of form,

{<jimmies}

If you're ok with someone calmly walking through a gate after being let in by police as a domestic terrorist, placed on no fly lists, and fired from their jobs based on the video up top I do not know what to say. Glad I don't live in the US.

I think USA is doomed too (I say "too" because Europe will fall first). The events in the past week just confirm that.

But glad to see that stupid leftists (pleonasm) are as dumb in the US as in Europe. They cheered for their new president, unable to see that he's just another corrupted millionaire who will get richer along with his friends (well, and his son too!).

<KingstonFrown>

Dense

Does not matter to them what the video shows. People died and it's the opposing tribe so this is an opportunity to talk shit.

The whole thing was a bad look and it was stooping to the precedents that the left set as early as 6 months ago and absolutely never should have happened. My first thought when seeing it correlates really nicely with this thread. National embarrassment.

But if you ask certain people it was the second coming of Satan because that leads to the opportunity to dunk on conservative people. They don't give a shit if it's hypocritical. They can do whatever they want and you can't do anything back.

The fact thats wasnt a ED209 standing there, to guard The Capitol building, was a huge letdown.:(

I think USA is doomed too (I say "too" because Europe will fall first). The events in the past week just confirm that.

But glad to see that stupid leftists (pleonasm) are as dumb in the US as in Europe. They cheered for their new president, unable to see that he's just another corrupted millionaire who will get richer along with his friends (well, and his son too!).
He's been doing it since I was born and they still don't get it.

Trump was a special case and I'm glad he's gone but most of the blue team just once there millionaire in rather than their millionaire.

It's team sports. Most of them don't have views of their own.

To me this whole presidency has shown America to be weak and petty. Over the last 4 years America has turned its back on many of its traditional allies which has weakened the collective power of the west. Countries are looking less and less at America as a leader which is really scary from an Australian perspectives as China grows stronger and stronger in the Pacific region.

Back