Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - March, 2018

OKC is a team of individuals, Utah is a team.

Not a single person at the Jazz would care who scores, or who gets double/doubles. You think OKC have that attitude? Absolutely not, all care about the box score!

OKC is a team of individuals, Utah is a team.

Not a single person at the Jazz would care who scores, or who gets double/doubles. You think OKC have that attitude? Absolutely not, all care about the box score!
as long as Russ gets his trip dubs, all is good is OKC

i think this tweet absolutely nails it

edit i mean the bottom one

No, OKC is def more talented. Utah is a smarter and better coached team

Aside from Westbrook and PG, what other players on OKC do you think win the head to head player matchup? OKC's bench is garbage too.

Westbrook>Mitchell (for now)
PG>Rubio
Favors>Melo
Gobert>Adams
Ingles>Brewer

And I would take Crowder and O'Neal over Grant and Abrines or whoever else from OKC's bench.

Aside from Westbrook and PG, what other players on OKC do you think win the head to head player matchup? OKC's bench is garbage too.

Westbrook>Mitchell (for now)
PG>Rubio
Favors>Melo
Gobert>Adams
Ingles>Brewer

And I would take Crowder and O'Neal over Grant and Abrines or whoever else from OKC's bench.
Well firstly i don’t agree w the statement about the bench at all. Grant isn’t a bad player and gives them flexibility on defense. I think Abrines is good and needs more playing time. Jae is a shell of himself and it’s hard to put a finger on O’Neal since he’s very up and down. For as good as he looks one game, he looks terrible in others

Secondly, I’d for sure take Melo over Favors in terms of talent. For as shit as he has been this year, it’s becaise of the situation he’s in. Just last year he was scoring over 20 a game in NY. Favors is a good defender and cleans up shots around the rim, but that’s basically it.

Westbrook is definitely
Part of the problem but as it has shown any team with Carmelo Anthony goes nowhere. I’m a Knicks fan and I’ve seen so much of his iso offense and garbage defense. He makes nobody better.

Well firstly i don’t agree w the statement about the bench at all. Grant isn’t a bad player and gives them flexibility on defense. I think Abrines is good and needs more playing time. Jae is a shell of himself and it’s hard to put a finger on O’Neal since he’s very up and down. For as good as he looks one game, he looks terrible in others

Secondly, I’d for sure take Melo over Favors in terms of talent. For as shit as he has been this year, it’s becaise of the situation he’s in. Just last year he was scoring over 20 a game in NY. Favors is a good defender and cleans up shots around the rim, but that’s basically it.

I think I'm just way more down on Melo than you are. That's probably the tiebreaker. He can score 20 as a high(ish) volume shooter on bad teams that give him tons is iso opportunities. He doesn't really do anything else well at all anymore. Favors can't score like Melo but he was close to a 20 and 10 guy for awhile when the Jazz were bad. I'd take him over Melo now.

Grant is okay but I'd still take Crowder.

76ers -5.5 1H for 1u
Spurs +6.5 1H for 1u

Sixers 1H -5.5 1u

Tailing @iGnP

Have had zero time for research and want a fast bet. GL

LOL how do refs miss that? Obvious shot clock violation and they straight up blow the call. Celtics get the offensive rebound and are able to run 24 more seconds off the clock. Just awful.

76ers -5.5 1H for 1u
Spurs +6.5 1H for 1u
awesome. 76ers dont cover the first half line, cover the full game line. spurs dont cover the first half life, cover the full game line.

First 3 picks in the NFL draft to be QB’s - NO @1.57

OR,

2nd pick to be Saqoun Barkley @2.50

I have to lean the 2nd to have more value, Browns 100% take a QB, Giants feel like the only team that will pick Barkley over a QB at this point...

Last edited:
First 3 picks in the NFL draft to be QB’s - NO @1.57

OR,

2nd pick to be Saqoun Barkley @2.50

I have to lean the 2nd to have more value, Browns 100% take a QB, Giants feel like the only team that will pick Barkley over a QB at this point...

For sure the Barkley bet has way more value. Unless you really believe the Giants trade the pick and someone likes Bradley Chubb that much to take him 2nd overall.

For sure the Barkley bet has way more value. Unless you really believe the Giants trade the pick and someone likes Bradley Chubb that much to take him 2nd overall.
betting aside, taking Barkley at 2 is LOL worthy, even if he turns out to be better than Elliot:

1. The RB position is dependent so much on the offensive line
2. RBs usually dont have a long "prime" and they dont age well
3. High probability of injury at the position
4. You can get very productive RBs in the 3rd and 4th round

im tailing a buddy of mine who lives and breathes soccer. taking bayern munich over real madrid

betting aside, taking Barkley at 2 is LOL worthy, even if he turns out to be better than Elliot:

1. The RB position is dependent so much on the offensive line
2. RBs usually dont have a long "prime" and they dont age well
3. High probability of injury at the position
4. You can get very productive RBs in the 3rd and 4th round

In general I tend to agree. The rare exception would be a situation with an offense like Green Bay has. Where you have an elite QB with a limited window and you think a stud RB could put you over the top. You are operating essentially on a 5 year window and don't care if the RB slows down or breaks down after that.

The thing is, with an elite QB you most likely aren't drafting that high so you'd need to trade. And like you said, you CAN get productive RB's later. But if you believe a guy is truly "can't miss" and think he puts you over the top I guess it makes some sense. Ultra rare situation.

The Packers have other glaring needs, but of they traded up for Barkley to go "all in" with their offense I honestly wouldn't be upset. They'd have to simply outscore everyone, but Rodgers won't be elite forever. If Barkley is THAT special (and I'm not saying he is necessarily-but if your scouting guys believe he is) I say go for it.

In general I tend to agree. The rare exception would be a situation with an offense like Green Bay has. Where you have an elite QB with a limited window and you think a stud RB could put you over the top. You are operating essentially on a 5 year window and don't care if the RB slows down or breaks down after that.

The thing is, with an elite QB you most likely aren't drafting that high so you'd need to trade. And like you said, you CAN get productive RB's later. But if you believe a guy is truly "can't miss" and think he puts you over the top I guess it makes some sense. Ultra rare situation.

The Packers have other glaring needs, but of they traded up for Barkley to go "all in" with their offense I honestly wouldn't be upset. They'd have to simply outscore everyone, but Rodgers won't be elite forever. If Barkley is THAT special (and I'm not saying he is necessarily-but if your scouting guys believe he is) I say go for it.
There isn't a team in the league that would benefit more from adding a RB in a draft than addressing other, more influential positions (pass rush, offensive line [namely, tackles], safety). If GB had the second pick in the draft and they decided to take Barkley over Chubb or James, I think they'd be doing themselves a big disservice.

Back