Not a Fan of Anthony Joshua's Smiling at Klitschko Like a Goof Immediately After the Stoppage...

He was all class in the interview afterwards so I forgive him

I'm convinced Joshua is a total cocky asshole but he's smart enough and the people around him are smart enough to have polished up his image and say all the right things in public. His Snapchat gives a better insight into the real him.

That being said, who cares, Tyson was one of my favorite fighters and the guy was a total asshole and human train wreck.

Joshua is a young lion and he deserves his time in the limelight but he really hasn't done much yet. Wlad is in his 40's and got beat by a soft out of shape Fury. Some of that is not his fault as the time period we're in for heavyweights leaves a lot to be desired. He's got a long way to go and hopefully he has some memorable battles in the next few years. He's got a bright future.

3.5 year pro who holds half of the world titles and has stopped every opponent, including a legend in klitschko. He's also the only champion with a decent name on his record. I'd confidently put money on klitschko comfortably beating wilder and Parker, probably by ko.

I agree that there's still a lot to come (including some necessary improvements), but considering he's only been boxing about 8 years, his achievements in such a short space of time has been incredible

3.5 year pro who holds half of the world titles and has stopped every opponent, including a legend in klitschko. He's also the only champion with a decent name on his record. I'd confidently put money on klitschko comfortably beating wilder and Parker, probably by ko.

I agree that there's still a lot to come (including some necessary improvements), but considering he's only been boxing about 8 years, his achievements in such a short space of time has been incredible
Good post. It's important to get things in perspective as we sometimes lose sight of such things. What Joshua has managed to accomplish in such a short space of time is nothing but extraordinary. Most people were predicting that this fight was a step too far for AJ, but he proved the doubters wrong in a big way.

He talked some smack to Vitali after the fight. F*ck him.

I really hate the wave of fake compassion from fight fans, and more recently MMA fans.

You ever watch the fight companion with Rogan and co? There's was an episode where they debated the Cerrone Masvidal stoppage.

Half of the guy's insisted that the fight should have been stopped while Donald was on his stall after he escaped the 1st round.

Robin Black was the only guy being honest and realistic. He said it was up to the fighters to decide what they want to do with there lives. If they get concussed and brain damage then so be it.

I've already accepted the fact that I'm watching 2 men reduce the quality of there lives through fighting (And also getting paid millions for it). And I'm ok with it.

You kinda have to be all in with the violence, otherwise just stop watching combat sports all together. (Which is something Joe Rogan has hinted on doing tbf. Apparently he felt too guilty watching the violence)
Well said! Its virtue signaling. It's such fake outrage. You can't even justify being ok with a violent, dangerous , and deadly blood sport like boxing but not ok with a smile after the biggest moment in your career.
It's such fake compassion.

2222.jpg

I'm going to have to see more of Anthony Joshua before I can really develop an informed opinion about him. He is a very promising undefeated boxer at heavyweight, and now he holds some sort of belt. Who can follow these days?

I don't like that bullshit smilling bit he did after he pulverized Wladmir Klitschko though. Poor sport, goofy in my opinion. My rule of thumb: don't do that. Have some grace

Remember this: Tyson Fury is the heavyweight champion. Not Joshua. Not Klitschko. Fury won this distinction about a year ago when he beat the previous champion - who was Wladmir Klitschko. You don't win the championship by beating the guy the champion already beat for the belt. That's like stealing from a guy who was already robbed.

Then again, I guess the WBO/IBF/WBA/whatever has their own agendas and their own rules.

Hey, it was an excellent heavyweight fight. Kind of rarity it seems like these days, when it was once the norm. Klitschko fought valiantly and Joshua proved quite the fighter.

Perhaps down the road Joshua can challenge Fury for the ultimate crown, or maybe he will fight American titlist Deontay Wilder.

Good stuff.
Sorry your sensibilities were offended after a tremendous HW clash. Seeing as you're a Fury supporter, it's no wonder you're bitching about what you didn't see instead of appreciating what you DID see. Thanks for the thread, Smiley.

Guys, you're not allowed to be happy after KNOCKING OUT WLAD KLITSCHKO.

My God stop being such a punk. Funny you should differentiate this "generation" in your post, I was actually watching some old Joe Louis VHS tapes the other day. He KOed people. And afterwards he didn't smile. He walked away respectfully.
Do you know WHY Joe Louis never celebrated? He was ORDERED to. Joe Louis Barrow did not live in this era. Do you know what "history" is? It's the shit between the covers of those outdated things called "books."

It was a bad look, regardless of all the cro magnum chest puffing dismissiveness of the Brits on this thread. Show respect for the sport and your opponent.
"Cro magnum?" How about some respect for the only language you speak?

Adrenalin and he just beat the greatest of this millenium. He's just 3,5 yr pro boxer...

Yeah, he got up off the floor and won the biggest fight of his career, his reaction to winning can be seen as a little disrespectful but it was for a second, in the heat of the moment, in what must have been the biggest adrenaline surge of his entire life.
Both fighters showed nothing but class in the post-match interviews.

It could have been a "great fight man" kind of smile. Seems like a good dude, I doubt he was being melicious.

Yeah, lets consider that lots of fighters, MMA or boxing would have been jumping around, yelling, climbing the ropes/cage etc. This was a quick grin and then AJ showed nothing but respect and class in his interview.

Despite being worth millions, AJ still lives in the same flat from before he became ridiculously rich, with his mum.

Yeah, lets consider that lots of fighters, MMA or boxing would have been jumping around, yelling, climbing the ropes/cage etc. This was a quick grin and then AJ showed nothing but respect and class in his interview.

Despite being worth millions, AJ still lives in the same flat from before he became ridiculously rich, with his mum.
I actually thought he looked like he was going to celebrate and then thought better of it. No way Joshua walked out of that ring with less respect for Wlad than when he walked in.

I can see it now. If we asked Wlad, he would have said:
"It wasn't the numerous punches that hurt me, it was Joshua's arrogant smile."

Why does it have to be adrenaline? Why can't he just be overjoyed to win a fight in his home town in front of 90k people?
This is a fight where he got dropped ffs. You can't judge a guys reactions if you've never been in the same position.
Exactly he showed his fortitude and came back what an amazing fight it was.

Didnt think he was disrespectful at all.

It was a bad look, regardless of all the cro magnum chest puffing dismissiveness of the Brits on this thread. Show respect for the sport and your opponent.

Was it too manufactured or not manufactured enough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back