Not a Fan of Anthony Joshua's Smiling at Klitschko Like a Goof Immediately After the Stoppage...

What's up with the pussies itt complaining about a fighter (allegedly) being arrogant? I mean there's something admirable about the humble martial artist but what's wrong with someone letting it all hang out and stunting when they accomplish something so bad ass?

Lol he smiled at him...Forget the fact that he was trying to beat him in the face until he was unconscious or brain damaged. Come on.

2222.jpg

I'm going to have to see more of Anthony Joshua before I can really develop an informed opinion about him. He is a very promising undefeated boxer at heavyweight, and now he holds some sort of belt. Who can follow these days?

I don't like that bullshit smilling bit he did after he pulverized Wladmir Klitschko though. Poor sport, goofy in my opinion. My rule of thumb: don't do that. Have some grace

Remember this: Tyson Fury is the heavyweight champion. Not Joshua. Not Klitschko. Fury won this distinction about a year ago when he beat the previous champion - who was Wladmir Klitschko. You don't win the championship by beating the guy the champion already beat for the belt. That's like stealing from a guy who was already robbed.

Then again, I guess the WBO/IBF/WBA/whatever has their own agendas and their own rules.

Hey, it was an excellent heavyweight fight. Kind of rarity it seems like these days, when it was once the norm. Klitschko fought valiantly and Joshua proved quite the fighter.

Perhaps down the road Joshua can challenge Fury for the ultimate crown, or maybe he will fight American titlist Deontay Wilder.

Good stuff.

pretty sure they are somewhat friendly.. hold tremendous respect for each other.. and they were former sparring partners..

OP please.. inform yourself before you post rubbish.

It was a bit crappy but 1 crappy moment doesn't undo all the good things he's done

Cannot believe that after this beauty of a fight this is what preoccupies you

It was a bad look, regardless of all the cro magnum chest puffing dismissiveness of the Brits on this thread. Show respect for the sport and your opponent.

Who knows maybe I was nitpicking a little it was a great fight guys. The meat of my point is that Tyson Fury is the champion until he loses or retires. In my humble opinion.

Joshua is a worthy contender after what he what he accomplished now. No doubt!
don't get hung up too much on that marquesbury crown (what ever they call it from bare knuckle times........). We do need to respect the goverance. JUST..... the groups make rules for a reason. Not weighing the Fury take away here; & I don't
even understand the platform. BUT..I am lead to believe it's legitament!
Thank YOU for NOT including "IBO".

I think that smile was just adrenaline.

What a fight though. awesome !
Why does it have to be adrenaline? Why can't he just be overjoyed to win a fight in his home town in front of 90k people?
This is a fight where he got dropped ffs. You can't judge a guys reactions if you've never been in the same position.

Have a lot of people accused him of being too nice? I haven't heard that.
It's reached a point where people were even making fun of AJ and Wlad for being too nice.
Wlads wife even talked about it at the end of this interview. 1:05

Why does it have to be adrenaline? Why can't he just be overjoyed to win a fight in his home town in front of 90k people?
This is a fight where he got dropped ffs. You can't judge a guys reactions if you've never been in the same position.

He smiled directly at Wlad. No one is saying he can't be happy. But mocking a guy you've just KO'd is not ok.

It was a bad look, regardless of all the cro magnum chest puffing dismissiveness of the Brits on this thread. Show respect for the sport and your opponent.

It's funny to hear shit like this from AJ haters. This has been one of the most respectful high profile build ups in boxing history. The fact that the only sign of "disrespect", comes in the form of an isolated picture taken out of context kinda proves my point.

Please tell me how this compares to MMA guy's jumping on top of the cages and throwing up the double biceps. Or even Chuck running around and screaming like a mad man after he knocks someone unconscious?

He smiled directly at Wlad. No one is saying he can't be happy. But mocking a guy you've just KO'd is not ok.
You don't think that was maybe a smile of relief? Maybe even some nervous energy? And even if it was a slight moment of mocking, who cares. The mind set of a high level fighter might need you to go into dark places to survive.
It was all love afterwards so who cares?

I'm guessing you didn't watch the end where AJ completely lavished Wlad with praise at the end. Dedicated a portion of his speech to him?

It's funny to hear shit like this from AJ haters. This has been one of the most respectful high profile build ups in boxing history. The fact that the only sign of "disrespect", comes in the form of an isolated picture taken out of context kinda proves my point.

Please tell me how this compares to MMA guy's jumping on top of the cages and throwing up the double biceps. Or even Chuck running around and screaming like a mad man after he knocks someone unconscious?

There are countless examples in MMA, practically every knockout results in something more humiliating than a smile.
qpjew8.jpg

nosnea.jpg

You don't think that was maybe a smile of relief? Maybe even some nervous energy? And even if it was a slight moment of mocking, who cares. The mind set of a high level fighter might need you to go into dark places to survive.
It was all love afterwards so who cares?

I'm guessing you didn't watch the end where AJ completely lavished Wlad with praise at the end. Dedicated a portion of his speech to him?

It was in Wladimir's face.

And once again I ask, what's wrong with that?

He just won the most important fight of his career. (After being dropped!) First comes relief, then joy, then respect. Which he gave in his post fight speech.

You guys are desperately reaching at things to criticize AJ for.

So were murderous punches. Ok to hit people in the face with deadly giant weapons...but you draw the line at smiling at them. That's ass backwards.

Wlad didn't have a problem with it but you guys go right ahead and knit pick and be catty.

And once again I ask, what's wrong with that?

He just won the most important fight of his career. (After being dropped!) First comes relief, then joy, then respect. Which he gave in his post fight speech.

You guys are desperately reaching at things to criticize AJ for.
You must of missed the thread where people were claiming that boxers don't like to hurt people and most boxers cry in shame after they knockout their opponent. If not they have mental issues and are psychotic sociopaths...LMAO and there were several posters who felt that way. They felt the only acceptable action after a huge knockout is to get on your knees and pray over the concussed fighter body. Pretend like that wasn't your goal to KO him...So I'm not surprised in the least bit. Makes 0 sense to me.

You must of missed the thread where people were claiming that boxers don't like to hurt people and most boxers cry in shame after they knockout their opponent. If not they have mental issues and are psychotic sociopaths...LMAO and there were several posters who felt that way. They felt the only acceptable action after a huge knockout is to get on your knees and pray over the concussed fighter body. Pretend like that wasn't your goal to KO him...So I'm not surprised in the least bit. Makes 0 sense to me.

I really hate the wave of fake compassion from fight fans, and more recently MMA fans.

You ever watch the fight companion with Rogan and co? There's was an episode where they debated the Cerrone Masvidal stoppage.

Half of the guy's insisted that the fight should have been stopped while Donald was on his stall after he escaped the 1st round.

Robin Black was the only guy being honest and realistic. He said it was up to the fighters to decide what they want to do with there lives. If they get concussed and brain damage then so be it.

I've already accepted the fact that I'm watching 2 men reduce the quality of there lives through fighting (And also getting paid millions for it). And I'm ok with it.

You kinda have to be all in with the violence, otherwise just stop watching combat sports all together. (Which is something Joe Rogan has hinted on doing tbf. Apparently he felt too guilty watching the violence)

God what a bunch of pussies I bet you all come from the heavies. Just looking for something to shit on the kid. He just won his major fight in front of 90k people a little smile triggers you? You clearly never even had a ammy fight in you're life. The adrenaline pumping it's a weird stage. Any way go change your tampons, I've seen worst in mma fights, yeah the same fighters you idolize.

AJ a good boy He dindu...

But in all seriousness I think AJ was still dazed from earlier in the fight and getting cheered by that massive crowd made him happy. I don't think he was smiling at Wlad

Back