Novitzky: Jon Jones tested positive for Turinabol in August and September

I'm trying to imagine the cycling anti-doping community reaction if this had happened over there, it would be kicking off like mental.

MMA journalism doesn't have a Paul Kimmage equivalent. Which is a shame.

"...he’s been suspended for almost two-and-a-half years with a lack of evidence of any intentional use or cheating."

This case just get more and more ridiculous. I really hope Jones gets KTFO and this Jeff fucker gets fired or suspended for this kind of shit.

So we can up the failed test count to a half dozen now.

But remember folks, he's still "cleared" and "innocent" to his fan-boyz.

LMAO

For the record, I don't care who's on drugs..... I'm just happy that this whole situation makes the UFC look like the joke it really is.

Not M3, it's class of compounds.

If you're referring to the clomiphene study, there is nothing linking the presence of chlorine to detection times. You must be trolling to refer to this as "well studied"

This is a known effect of pulsing steroids with some vodka.
All experts agree.
Cleared to fight.

This is not a well studied topic. There are no studies showing that m3 can be detected in the body over a year and a half.
But there is reported to be empirical evidence. From VADA and the MLB (?)

If you're referring to the clomiphene study, there is nothing linking the presence of chlorine to detection times. You must be trolling to refer to this as "well studied"
Holy fucking shit. Do some research on chlorinated hydrocarbons before spewing garbage.

Holy fucking shit. Do some research on chlorinated hydrocarbons before spewing garbage.

3 pages in and you've said literally nothing

"It's well studied"

*Can't provide any studies*

I don't need to post studies. You need to pick up a biochemistry book.

UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky attempted to shed some light on the Jon Jones situation today as a guest on The Joe Rogan Experience. In a wide-ranging interview that went almost two hours, Novitzky explained the reasoning behind why Jones wasn’t punished for his most recent positive test for Turinabol, and revealed that he actually tested positive back in August and September as well.
Novitzky stated that an August 9th test came back clean. On August 29th, a test came back positive for 19 picograms of Turinabol. On September 18th, his test was positive again for 19 picograms. Then his next four tests from late September to early December all came back negative. Finally, on December 9th his test was positive again, this time in the range of 60 to 80 picograms.

Nevada was alerted about this by USADA in early December, according to Novitzky (transcribed by MMA Fighting):

Novitzky also wanted to clear up that Jones didn’t do this intentionally, but he’s paid the price nonetheless:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...-positive-turinabol-august-september-mma-news

giphy.gif

The only people dumber than novitzky, dana, jones, and rogaine in this whole thing are the idiots that believe them.

He didn't "intentionally" ingest the prohibited substance. What kind of nonsense is that? Any fighter could claim the same thing. How would you ever prove intent? Is that what usada does now? Seemingly for every other athlete all they need to do is test positive then they're suspended. But for jones, not only do they have to prove he took peds, they also have to somehow definitively ascertain his mindset at the time of taking those peds? Lunacy.

So basically the guy has the green light to keep dosing because the metabolites will be considered "old" for the next seven years a.k.a. most or all of the rest of his career.

Cool story, UFC. So can everyone else dose too?

I mean, at this point you might as well get busted once, do your time, and then you can use the rest of your career.

Back