OCEAN'S 8 (First Trailer Released)

Remember that time 8 women got together and agreed on something? Specifically a heist?

Next year they’re remaking Any Given Sunday and Saving Private Ryan with all women.

Exactly, they would form groups and bicker at eachother while individually hating one another in secret

Women stealing, of all things, jewelry? What a sexist concept. Plot should be something like "group of women break into Cern to use the large particle accelerator to test their theories on a new element developed. Element xx."Gonna have to go ahead and boycott this sexist bullshit movie. Shame I really wanted to see it too.
68138992-1.jpg

Good enough reviews for me I want to see it

Exactly, they would form groups and bicker at eachother while individually hating one another in secret

Not to mention the fact that you couldn't find 8 women in all of human history who

A) are attractive

B) are intelligent

and

C) think stealing ANY amount of money is even worth 1 year in prison

Not to mention the fact that you couldn't find 8 women in all of human history who

A) are attractive

B) are intelligent

and

C) think stealing ANY amount of money is even worth 1 year in prison

nah man, i disagree some here, i've met some hot ass women who were smart as fuck, the key thing is teamwork, women cant do that.

Oceans with clooney was a remake (i really enjoyed that movie), and i honestly don't mind the all female cast... however, they're basically remaking a remake.

I'll pass on this one, way too early to remake a remake. Unless the remake was a straight up bomb, then cool remake it. But that's not the case here.

Too much use of the word remake.

Oceans with clooney was a remake (i really enjoyed that movie), and i honestly don't mind the all female cast... however, they're basically remaking a remake.

I'll pass on this one, way too early to remake a remake. Unless the remake was a straight up bomb, then cool remake it. But that's not the case here.

I feel the same. The Ghostbusters remake annoyed me, but this one doesn't. I still won't watch it since it doesn't seem to be as good as the Clooney one. I'd watch an all dog remake of any movie as long as it's really good.

I feel the same. The Ghostbusters remake annoyed me, but this one doesn't. I still won't watch it since it doesn't seem to be as good as the Clooney one. I'd watch an all dog remake of any movie as long as it's really good.
Dogs are awesome, i feel the same about dog remakes. I would watch that.

Stop with the goddamn sequel and comic book fest already. Hollywood is going to utter shit.

I was gonna say pass, but it has Awkwafina in it! That makes a world of difference. Now I can't wait!!

I have a feeling this would bomb. However i read an article that stated projections around 35-50 million would be considered successful. You can release a movie of two trees staring at each other and make 30 million opening weekend.

It's a spinoff more than a remake though right? It's occurring in the same "universe" as the other ones I thought

I have a feeling this would bomb. However i read an article that stated projections around 35-50 million would be considered successful. You can release a movie of two trees staring at each other and make 30 million opening weekend.

I think it needs good word of mouth. The problem with revisiting the Oceans series is that the franchise ran its course and you could see the diminishing returns in quality and in box office. Happens to almost all franchises. Look at the results for Transformers and Pirates over time.

So why bring back a property that really no one was particularly clamoring for a sequel or reboot?

That said, it looks fairly entertaining and I'm hoping it does well because I've always liked Bullock and Blanchett. Sandra in particular doesn't seem to be making too many movies these days. Feels like she will have a few years of poor returns and then come back with something big like when she was in two hits in 2013, one of which got her a lot of awards acclaim.

Clicked the trailer for the comments. Comments gives me energy. I feel refreshed and the down votes were my desserts.

I actually thought the preview was a joke/parody for like a Beer commercial or something lmao

It's a spinoff more than a remake though right? It's occurring in the same "universe" as the other ones I thought
I suppose you're right, but it does seem to have the same premise. Got out of jail, plans revenge, gets a team together, steals stuff.

Here's a plot for a heist involving 8 women:

8 women marry 8 men, divorce them and take them for all they're worth. The end.

Eight women? That's a lot of sandwiches that were never made and a lot of dishes that didn't get washed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back