Crime Office of Congressional Ethics Opens Investigation on Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI)

JamesRussler

You can call me Jimmy
Banned
Reaction score
The Board of the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) has voted to investigate Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib. Here's a OCE's summary, from their report, which is posted in full below:

NATURE OF THE ALLEGED VIOLATION: Rep. Tlaib’s campaign committee, Rashida Tlaib for Congress, reported campaign disbursements that may not be legitimate and verifiable campaign expenditures attributable to bona fide campaign or political purposes. If Rep. Tlaib converted campaign funds from Rashida Tlaib for Congress to personal use, or if Rep. Tlaib’s campaign committee expended funds that were not attributable to bona fide campaign or political purposes, then Rep. Tlaib may have violated House rules, standards of conduct, and federal law.

Here is the full report:

Here are the exhibits to the report:

So it appears Rep. Tlaib was broke, and she needed money really, really badly. In an April 4, 2018 e-mail, Rep. Tlaib solicited funds from her campaign for personal use:

I am struggling financially right now. Fayez doesn't pay child support (my fault for not pushing him) and Shane is not helping as much as I had hoped. Sugar Law Center is going to compile all my vacation and sick days to give me another full pay check, but I am sinking.

I budgeted myself, but I think I underestimated
having to handle rent and mortgage. The house finally got clearance to rent from the city. We had a ton of interest last month but I didn't want to risk the attacks by proceeding without clearance.

So I was thinking the campaign could loan me money, but Ryan said that the committee could actually pay me. I was thinking a one time payment of 5k. I can always borrow from the brothers, but wanted to ask you both first
In another e-mail on April 27, 2018, Tlaib again pathetically begged her campaign for money for personal use:

I am just not going to make it through the campaign without a stipend. With the loss of a second income to lean back on, I am requesting $2,000 per two weeks but not exceeding $12,000. The cost of living stipend is going towards much needed expenses due to campaigning that includes car maintenance, child care and other necessities.

There's more to this story, and I don't have time to unravel all the details (feel free to review the documents yourself, which are posted in full above). However, one of the biggest problems is that she was paying herself with campaign funds while she was also working for her job at Sugar Law Center.

Seems pretty cut-and-dry, right? Yes. But I fully expect nothing to happen to this lady, because she's a Democrat.

DISCUSS

Take a look. Campaign finance violations should always be looked into.

See how easy that was partisans?

What does her potential punishment have to do with her being a Democrat?

Hell, Duncan Hunter did shit way worse than this and was reelected while under indictment.

And you won't hear a peep out of it from TYT or any of the other progressives and if they do, it'll be to rush to her defense. This is why left vs. right sucks. Corruption is corruption and it doesn't matter which side it is on. It should all be called out.

You'll know who is worthy to be followed on the left based on how they respond (or don't) to this.

Don't these guys makes a shit load of money including the best health insurance? I was pretty sure they make at least 60k a year

Whatever happened with Ilhan Omar's corruption thing? I imagine this will simply disapear like that did. Sadly.... nothing ever seems to happen to the corruption on the left. Too many folks are afraid of our corrupt media.

Seems pretty cut-and-dry, right? Yes. But I fully expect nothing to happen to this lady, because she's a Democrat.

Yes, because no democrat has ever been found guilty of campaign finance violations. :rolleyes:

Also need to add this to explode your crafted narrative's fake inference:

Federal law allows a candidate to pay himself or herself a salary through campaign funds as long as it doesn't exceed what he or she made the previous year, a rule that is intended to make sure that people of limited means can run for public office.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...ayments-campaign-ethics-committee/4200702002/

You'll know who is worthy to be followed on the left based on how they respond (or don't) to this.

I guess by this metric not a single Trump supporter in the WR is "worthy to be followed" by you.

I have only seen people on the left willing to hold their own accountable for wrongdoing - sometimes even before all the facts are in. Just the appearance of impropriety is often enough for dems. Katie Hill is the most recent example.

The levels of partisanship and tribal loyalty between the right and left in America are not even remotely comparable.

Whatever happened with Ilhan Omar's corruption thing? I imagine this will simply disapear like that did. Sadly.... nothing ever seems to happen to the corruption on the left. Too many folks are afraid of our corrupt media.

It was fake and not based on anything

I guess by this metric not a single Trump supporter in the WR is "worthy to be followed" by you.

I have only seen people on the left willing to hold their own accountable for wrongdoing - sometimes even before all the facts are in. Just the appearance of impropriety is often enough for dems. Katie Hill is the most recent example.

The levels of partisanship and tribal loyalty between the right and left in America are not even remotely comparable.
That's a pretty biased stance that I think is being colored by your own Political leanings. I'm sure the Republicans on our lovely little forum would say that the Democrats are the ones who stick together no matter what and defend each other's bullshit even when they know there's nothing there to defend.

<Fedor23>

Soooo.... she didn't marry her brother to get him into the country via fraud then?

Right. That's why all the conservative "investigations" stopped. It was literally nothing.

If you hadn't noticed, alot of people would live to take her down.

Right. That's why all the conservative "investigations" stopped. It was literally nothing.

If you hadn't noticed, alot of people would live to take her down.
Huh. That's interesting if true. I DID wonder why nobody was talking about it anymore.

Update: Oh my God. 7437 lied to me! I will never trust you again sir! :p

Last edited:
That's a pretty biased stance that I think is being colored by your own Political leanings. I'm sure the Republicans on our lovely little forum would say that the Democrats are the ones who stick together no matter what and defend each other's bullshit even when they know there's nothing there to defend.

<Fedor23>

Look at the Trumpublican response here to today's conviction of Roger Stone.

Look at the president's own response.

The difference between the left's ethical policing of itself and the right's is a black and white contrast. It's not debatable.

Finally a legit investigation.

The difference between the left's ethical policing of itself and the right's is a black and white contrast. It's not debatable.
Oh I disagree. This is entirely debateable. The left doesn't ethically do anything these days. Having said that, I think there's a lot of ass covering on both sides. The media is almost 100% in favor of Democrats. They actively promote anything negative about Trump and ignore his sucesses. The playing field isn't even remotely level. Which explains why a lot of Trump supporters feel the need to give the other side of the story. Many Dems will never hear the truth if they watch MSM. ;)

latest

Every member of the squad has been busted misusing campaign funds. Which is illegal.

but the media protects democrats. Nothing will happen

Back