RBR ***Official*** Canelo vs GGG 3, Sat. 9/17, 4:45 PM ET/1:45 PM PT RBR Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main event?

• Total voters
I don't think he's looked good in his last 2 at all. He's slower and his punches don;t seem to have the same snap.
He's too rich.

Doesn't have that same hunger anymore.

Edit- he's also been fighting for 20 years.

At least GGG did a bit of work late and didn’t get brutally stopped. I was a bit too tired to score accurately after round 8. Looked like GGG picked up at least a couple of rounds though. I had him 8-0 down up until that point. Round 1 was a little debatable. I’m not shocked at the scorecards.

I hate trilogies like this. GGG clearly won the first two - and lost that one, but now history looks back at Canelo as the better of the two. Just eh.

Nah I think he clearly won the first, second could be a draw, but I had it for Canelo. This one clearly Canelo.

mcgregor-walk-conor-mcgregor.gif

I actually think those scores weren't that bad, scores in the co-main were way worse. I don't think it's a stretch to give GGG 4 or 5 rds.

I don't think he's looked good in his last 2 at all. He's slower and his punches don;t seem to have the same snap.
I think Benavidez can beat him & Jermall Charlo could make it competitive.

Golovkin is my guy, but I only gave him two rounds. Maybe three

How did 3 professional judges have that fight anywhere less 8 rounds to 4.....and all 3 did.

Yeah, too much mass on the frame, plus he is aging. For a guy who has never had exceptional stamina, it wouldn't be shocking for that to be the first thing to go as he gets into his 30s.

If Golovkin won another round it would have been a draw again, lmao.

GGG fans be like "robbed again"! Lol

What? GGG fans have not said that. GGG was clearly robbed in the first fight.

This seems like an opportunity for judges to show, "see we're not crooked in favor of Canelo" while still giving Canelo the dub.

Back