No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Season 3 just announced. Does anyone care? I don't.

Game is mid and basically there to sell you skins. It's an e-store in game form.

Exactly what I said from the beginning but ITZ JUST COSMETICS! Their priorities were apparent and it wasn't to make a quality game. Also already coming to gamepass, big surprise.

Season 3 just announced. Does anyone care? I don't.

Game is mid and basically there to sell you skins. It's an e-store in game form.

It’s fun to do local coop with my wife or son when we are bored but that’s all I use this game for.

Uninstalled for season 3.

Going to take a lot to redownload.

Does the game suck? IT seemed like it dropped with some pretty serious excitement, and people were saying they fixed many of the issues with diablo 3. Now, it seems people are pretty done with it?

Game seemed decent at first but it became apparent just how shallow it was. Loot is terrible, not much depth.....people are clamoring for a return to D3 lol.

Diable Immortal is twice the game IV is.

Does the game suck? IT seemed like it dropped with some pretty serious excitement, and people were saying they fixed many of the issues with diablo 3. Now, it seems people are pretty done with it?
It's not bad.. it just gets repetitive. In a year or so I'm sure they will flesh out endgame content.

For Diablo 3, I kept going back to it for short periods over the years. The changes they made over time were interesting enough to be a bit different every time I went back. I imagine it'll be similar this time around.

I have my series x ready for Path of Exile 2. Better game that's also FTP.

Gamepass BUMP!

Been playing it for a few days.

Pros

- Story is good
- Combat is great and varied, and strikes a nice balance between the combat of D2 and D3
- Very well optimized across platforms(I think so, anyways. Plays great on a One S)
- Graphics are very nice
- Open world is a great addition that leads to more urgency for exploration and discovery
- Skill trees are more in depth than D3
- Dungeons are huge

Cons

- A LOT of the same enemy types. I've had my fill of the friggin' goatmen
- Always online for no good reason. Can't even pause the game because of that bullshit
- Battlepass is a desperate greed machine as usual, and they'll likely unlock all those cosmetics in the future when the money runs dry
- Samey bland environments. Sometimes things can be a bit too dark and gothic, where it all just starts to blend together

Initial impressions, anyways. I'm a level 38 Rogue with a specialty in poison, and so far so good. No real big complaints and I'm not rushing to finish line here, so the end game stuff will have to wait to be judged. Just as a game to throw in and have fun with right now, though, it's great. No big complaints on the base level shit.

Gamepass BUMP!

Been playing it for a few days.

Pros

- Story is good
- Combat is great and varied, and strikes a nice balance between the combat of D2 and D3
- Very well optimized across platforms(I think so, anyways. Plays great on a One S)
- Graphics are very nice
- Open world is a great addition that leads to more urgency for exploration and discovery
- Skill trees are more in depth than D3
- Dungeons are huge

Cons

- A LOT of the same enemy types. I've had my fill of the friggin' goatmen
- Always online for no good reason. Can't even pause the game because of that bullshit
- Battlepass is a desperate greed machine as usual, and they'll likely unlock all those cosmetics in the future when the money runs dry
- Samey bland environments. Sometimes things can be a bit too dark and gothic, where it all just starts to blend together

Initial impressions, anyways. I'm a level 38 Rogue with a specialty in poison, and so far so good. No real big complaints and I'm not rushing to finish line here, so the end game stuff will have to wait to be judged. Just as a game to throw in and have fun with right now, though, it's great. No big complaints on the base level shit.
Props on joining team rogue.

I just played the PTR and it has been very fun checking out all the new crazy builds.

Now that we are bumped I suppose we should talk about Loot 2.0 and Diablo 4 finally coming out of early access an beta and becoming a full game. Only took until May 14th. Season 4 bringing a lot of new changes to Itemization (removing "damage vs. your gf's bf on tuesdays"), crafting (tempering and masterworking) and more end game (better Helltides, new uber bosses, Greater Rif... I mean the Pit and more).

Asmnogold had a good take on it.

Enjoy a 2 hour video. PTR ending tomorrow.

Also, new GOATed channel. This guy is hilarious.

Last edited:
I started playing on the PTR and I have to say that I like what I see.

I'm really hoping that they start putting in some different items that will allow you to create more nuanced builds.

Example: there are some Druid passives that give you bonuses if you have both the Werewolf and Werebear buffs active at the same time. The catch is that the bonus has a cycling timer of I believe six seconds, and you need to be in Werewolf/Werebear form for three seconds each to get the respective buffs.

It would be awesome if there was an item or affix that extended this time, allowing you to juggle between the two forms and keep the buff active.

Aside from all this I am really disappointed that they have still not added any kind of nuance or depth to the skill trees. The succession chains within the trees in DII were compelling, interesting and invited experimentation. In Diablo IV everyone's tree and everyone's ability formats are the same.

This is why games need PTRs before major patches.

Necro is completely busted. Again.... Wtf Blizz. Corpse Tendrils "the size of Pennsylvania," Bone Spears, upon Bone Spears upon Bone Spears and your Mages now have 25% chance to cast Bone Spears and these Mages inherent your stats now. el-mao!

More here, from my new fave D4 content creator.

So, after level 50 is it just Paragon points?

Anyways, chugging along pretty good. Not sure if I like it more than D3, but it's pretty damn good. I just find that once you're at a certain level, the strategy is the same, but the enemies are more bullet sponge-y. You're still doing the same shit over and over, but it just takes a bit longer to clear out mobs. I think that might be why players feel burnt out after a certain point. It all works, but there's something artificial about the difficulty.

Season 4 got pushed back a month, so I am gonna go and try Last Epoch.

An update here, an update there, and now I...can't even log into the game. Games as a live service...LOVING IT!

Fuckin' clowns.

Had issues logging in over the weekend too, what a PITA

Gave my level 15 archer rogue a go.

My Druid was better at level 15.

Archer rogue had real issues with mobs, keep being pushed back.

Seems like AOE is king in this game.

Gave my level 15 archer rogue a go.

My Druid was better at level 15.

Archer rogue had real issues with mobs, keep being pushed back.

Seems like AOE is king in this game.
Poison traps combined with caltrops are your friend.

The rogue is a hit n' run kind of class(especially with bows), so get used to moving and shaking. There are a bunch of weapon/armor perks that will help you mitigate it, though. I've got a few that make me invulnerable for a bit, so I can stand and bang for a little while. Just got a new one, where if you kill enemies with "overpower", it'll spawn these little red bombs that you can walk through and they just destroy everything when they go off. Killed a boss with like damn near half health that way. There's also a permanent perk that I suggest(the middle menu in the character...err...menu) that will let you combo stack your attacks. It works really well with "rapid fire". 1...2...3...mega death attack.

Back