Official #GamerGate Discussion & News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Escapist got DDoS'd just for having a thread on this. Thats pretty fucking bad, it was this kind of censorship that fuelled the GG fire in the first place. Stay strong Sherdog.

The SJWs organizing DDOS attacks means they are they are at the end of their rope in trying to deal with this I think. It really only gets them a day or two and just just brings more attention to them and makes them look even worse really.

The SJWs organizing DDOS attacks means they are they are at the end of their rope in trying to deal with this I think. It really only gets them a day or two and just just brings more attention to them and makes them look even worse really.

Bingo. They're losing control of the narrative, so they're trying to scare everybody into backing down.

They're rage-quitting.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/09/20/the-escapist-forums-brought-down-in-ddos-attack/

So Erik "i'm too late to cover #gamergate and Milo had kicked me off as gaming's #1 reporter" Kain finally decided to go back to covering #gamergate a midst the DDOS attack on The Escapist.

And Milo is? I've been trying to stay out of this, but you REALLY think Milo Yiannopoulos even REMOTELY gives a shit about videogames and isn't just getting involved to push a hyper right wing agenda you're out of your fucking mind. To his credit Kain has actually been covering gaming for at least 2 years to my knowledge compared to Milo's blatantly opportunistic jump when he saw something he could use to shill right wing propaganda.

Holy Fuck. I just looked up Breibart and I REALLY can't believe you guys are using them as a source of legitimate journalism and journalistic ethics with all the shit they've pulled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart_(website)#Controversies

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

The thing is, Milo has set himself up for a massive series of libel suits if he's lying. Sometimes you have to look past where information comes from and look at the big picture.

Broken clock's right twice a day. The truth doesn't care who tells it.

And Milo is? I've been trying to stay out of this, but you REALLY think Milo Yiannopoulos even REMOTELY gives a shit about videogames and isn't just getting involved to push a hyper right wing agenda you're out of your fucking mind. To his credit Kain has actually been covering gaming for at least 2 years to my knowledge compared to Milo's blatantly opportunistic jump when he saw something he could use to shill right wing propaganda.

Genetic fallacy
Also, nobody in #gamergate is mistaken Nero for anything BUT a opportunist. But he's #gamergate's opportunist, and what? He just cracked the cabal of gaming journalist and he had the grit to do shits that NOBODY ELSE can do, yet high enough to not get dogpiled by those asshole media.

In short, go fuck yourself. If it wasn't for Nero, #gamergate would be dead a long time ago.

Genetic fallacy
Also, nobody in #gamergate is mistaken Nero for anything BUT a opportunist. But he's #gamergate's opportunist, and what? He just cracked the cabal of gaming journalist and he had the grit to do shits that NOBODY ELSE can do, yet high enough to not get dogpiled by those asshole media.

In short, go fuck yourself. If it wasn't for Nero, #gamergate would be dead a long time ago.

Really? Are you fucking serious with that? How about the time Erik Kain systematically jotted down EVERY FUCKING THING WRONG with gaming journalism from big name devs pulling ads, essentially bribing writers with free stuff and hotel stays, threatening and actually getting people fired for giving reviews they didn't like, and God knows what else and it was done WAAAY back in 2012. Where was the outrage THEN? Or even going further back the time in 2009 when Ubisoft tried to straight up BRIBE a German publication with an early review copy of AC2 for positive reviews where were the demands for for Ubisoft's head on a pike? And no, The Genetic Fallacy isn't a valid defense since you should ALWAYS question where information it comes from instead of blindly believing every piece of nonsense that you read ESPECIALLY online and Breibart has shown mediocre journalism skills and ethics and being willing to distort stories to push their agenda so FUCK YEAH you should question the validity of their material and their people writing. And the fact that you guys latch on to an opportunist like Milo who clearly doesn't give a shit about gaming and/or gaming journalism and ethics is just sad and pitiful.

Edit: Also,

Genetic Fallacy

Explanation

The genetic fallacy is committed when an idea is either accepted or rejected because of its source, rather than its merit.

A website with such shoddy journalistic standards has very little merit.

Last edited:
You gripe about them would be merited if people on the other side deny the mailing list. And everyone admitted that there's one. So....what's your gripe about willing to distort stories again? Nero just published the mailing list and the ZQ part of the mailing, and there isn't anyone denying this. So far Nero had done everything right, even in term of ethnic journalism. Just to blame his working place as a way to raise suspicion about him is cheap.

And what, Erik Kain might be good back then, but he had been circling the wagon ever since the beginning, and dipped a bit in the neutrality instead. That for me lost respect for him.

You gripe about them would be merited if people on the other side deny the mailing list. And everyone admitted that there's one. So....what's your gripe about willing to distort stories again? Nero just published the mailing list and the ZQ part of the mailing, and there isn't anyone denying the.

And what, Erik Kain might be good back then, but he had been circling the wagon ever since the beginning, and dipped a bit in the neutrality instead. That for me lost respect for him.

And that's why he gains mine. There is NOTHING to be gained from throwing your lot into this whole gross fiasco and I honestly doubt the prolonged radio silence from site to run this story not as some symbol of a dark conspiracy, but more unwillingness to run a story until ALL the facts are in and frankly not wanting to delve into peoples private affairs when dirty laundry is being aired and neutrality is never bad thing and in turn may actually be better as it gives perspective to judge and criticize both sides(which he actually has). To me the mailing list doesn't mean much other than some sites were discussing shutting down threads discussing all of this(which given how vile it gets and how fast I can't blame them) and we ultimately don't know who caused the DDOS attack(false flags can work both ways) and I'm going to wait until things clear up. Can there be legitimate mature discussions about corruption in the gaming industry? Yes of course, but this has NOT been it.

Keep in mind we only know that DDOS is happened. Nobody is saying who does it yet. And everyone is waiting for more details to come out.

I wonder, did you read the whole mailing list? One of #gamergate's conspiracy theory is that the journalists are colluding with each other, and the mailing just proved that there's collusion between them. The initial leak is showing that there's rampant censorship going on and it is massive echo chamber in there. I mean we had Ryan Smith got dogpiled on because he saw where the lines drawn, and Ben Kuchera dogpiled on Greg Tito for unwilling to censor his forum. With some new detail and leaks coming out the conspiracy theory would only get flesh out even further. I am looking forward to the part about 11 articles and such.

The current radio silence from everyone from the other side is to me at least indicated that they realized they are colossally fucked from the leaks. Anymore defense (like Kyle Orland and his diatribe) is just gonna make them look worst.

IMO, they are colluding with each other. It is no coincidence that multiple publications/websites released various "anti-gamer" articles within a 24 hour period.

IMO, they are colluding with each other. It is no coincidence that multiple publications/websites released various "anti-gamer" articles within a 24 hour period.

It is a given at this point with the presence of the mailing list. The only thing we have to do now is wait for Nero to release it (or as i like to put it "bleed them dry as slowly and as painfully as possible") to flesh out the narrative (not to mention he said he had proofs that wikipedia was being a dick to #gamergate as well)

On another note, you know there are people who thought that the mailing list was showing their "emphathy" and it should made whoever in there "better"? I swear the amount of mental gymnastic is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back