No Spoilers Official GOD OF WAR: RAGNARÖK Discussion

I did read that Corey Barlog has plans for 5 more games. So guessing I'll get to see the end of this story sometime after I retire.

Which is kinda mad seeing as Cory is working on his own new IP as well as being the creative director for the studio

I loved the 2018 GoW, and i love this one too, but Atreus is annoying as hell. Worried his dad is gonna die, so instead of staying with him and spending what little time he supposedly has left together as a family, he's acting like a spoilt brat who thinks he's the answer to all of life's problem, when he can barely even open a legendary chest because he's so weak. He complains that Kratos doesn't trust him but that goes both ways, and Atreus is a fucking moron with his decision making.

It will probably all become clear soon that Atreus was right to accept Odin's request and climb this wall i'm currently on, and if so, cool. But he's still a moronic child that thinks his godhood makes him all-knowing and all-powerful.

I loved the 2018 GoW, and i love this one too, but Atreus is annoying as hell. Worried his dad is gonna die, so instead of staying with him and spending what little time he supposedly has left together as a family, he's acting like a spoilt brat who thinks he's the answer to all of life's problem, when he can barely even open a legendary chest because he's so weak. He complains that Kratos doesn't trust him but that goes both ways, and Atreus is a fucking moron with his decision making.

It will probably all become clear soon that Atreus was right to accept Odin's request and climb this wall i'm currently on, and if so, cool. But he's still a moronic child that thinks his godhood makes him all-knowing and all-powerful.
So he acts like a headstrong teenager you mean?

So he acts like a headstrong teenager you mean?

Yeah but he's so annoying. He's been saved countless times because he's so weak and yet he still thinks he knows more than people who have been there.

Just my opinion obviously, but he's an ass.

Yeah but he's so annoying. He's been saved countless times because he's so weak and yet he still thinks he knows more than people who have been there.

I agree pacing isn't great and it can be eyerolling at times. But again, you're describing most teens. More confident in their abilities than they should be.

I agree pacing isn't great and it can be eyerolling at times. But again, you're describing most teens. More confident in their abilities than they should be.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not ragging on the game itself, in fact i love it, it's just Atreus can be a bit much at times.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not ragging on the game itself, in fact i love it, it's just Atreus can be a bit much at times.
I agree. I just accept that the games demo is lot younger than me or sherdog

Got the Game for Xmas. Been playing the hell out of it since. Just finished the Ironwood level. FML i thought that quest would never end. Just kept going and going and going

So Atreus sounded and acted like a real teenager…

Only means they did a great job with the writing and voice acting.

Not a big fan. Seems like a big lazy fake out to not make any real decisions on character.

Sindri’s descent into darkness was unexpected but kind of cool. Definitely misguided but I like how bitter he was.

Ragnarok itself wasn’t as epic as I’d have hoped as it felt like everything was in the background. Was hoping to see Jorm and Thor up close.

Despite some of my issues it’s overall a great game. I’d definitely buy more of this series.

I just got Lunda's Armor set. keep hearing good things about it.

Almost done. Been taking my time journeying but the final march is at its eve. Will say no more. Everything around Jätten Surt and Spark of the World took my breath away. And the score. F. Incredible. Especially going so bassy and strings during cinematic plan-making dialogue. Want later to share an epic screengrab I took during engagement (a) with easily big-budget film poster vibe.

This
is my GOTY. No question.

And I think Ragnarök combat sucks compared to Elden, to speak openly. Here we are almost 15 years after Hidetaka ushered in the Age of Soulsbourne – and still no-one holds a candle to the man. What a time to be a gamer, though. It's an honor to have to make hard choices as to which title should be crowned rather than have only one take it in landslide.

Valkyria ambush by Hrist and Mist

Almost done. Been taking my time journeying but the final march is at its eve. Will say no more. Everything around Jätten Surt and Spark of the World took my breath away. And the score. F. Incredible. Especially going so bassy and strings during cinematic plan-making dialogue. Want later to share an epic screengrab I took during engagement (a) with easily big-budget film poster vibe.

This
is my GOTY. No question.

And I think Ragnarök combat sucks compared to Elden, to speak openly. Here we are almost 15 years after Hidetaka ushered in the Age of Soulsbourne – and still no-one holds a candle to the man. What a time to be a gamer, though. It's an honor to have to make hard choices as to which title should be crowned rather than have only one take it in landslide.

Valkyria ambush by Hrist and Mist

Kind of wild to think about. It's not like ER is an overly complex system, but it's also not simple either. Compared to GOW which has traditionally been loved for it's combat system, however, has seemed to stagnate with GOW:R. There were some nice surprises, but gone are the days of jump combos, grappling fights and even our combo counter. I'm honestly baffled by their decision to not give us a few top down fight sequences with the Blades.

Agree on the music. The new GOW chant that Bear has developed always gives me the chills when I hear it.

I've thought a lot about Ragnarok since it's release and my time playing it. This was my most anticipated game of the year by a decent margin. GOW:2018 was an incredible game and playing the finale of this arc had me excited. I've come to realize that the problem I had with the story was that it wasn't a God of War game, it was an Atreus game. It seemed like a bait and switch. In 2018, Kratos had a mission, to fulfil his wife's wishes. His journey pretty much ended when he completed that goal.

GOW:R was all Atreus and his motivations. Kratos asks him several times IIRC, why are we doing this, why are you doing this. His main motivation was to
prevent what he saw on the mural from happening and to find out who he was (Loki)
Kratos seemed to not care one bit about it because he's learned that "we make our own destiny". Outside of the ending, the game never made me feel like Kratos had any motivation to do what was asked of him by Atreus. He decided to go along with it because his son asks him to play.
The hunt for Atreus and the subsequent hug from Kratos when he returns to Sindri's was one of my favorite scenes in any game I've played. Straight tear jerker.

Much of this story could have been avoided had Kratos really explained to Atreus who he actually is or was. Kratos has broken the status quo before and has avoided fate on more than one occasion. These stories could have shown Atreus that it is possible to change our destiny. Ofc I'm not saying it would have, Atreus is in his teenage angst years, but the stories would have helped or provided some much needed guidance in some way.

Question for my Spartans. Don't open unless completed journey.

What was the meaning behind the mural Kratos finds on the other side of the mural he originally looks at with Atreus – that is, before Atreus leaves for jötnar stuff? I didn't understand the symbolisation of his standing on a podium and appearing yellow or from head to toe gilded but his visceral reaction tells me I should make an effort to decipher it.

Question for my Spartans. Don't open unless completed journey.

What was the meaning behind the mural Kratos finds on the other side of the mural he originally looks at with Atreus – that is, before Atreus leaves for jötnar stuff? I didn't understand the symbolisation of his standing on a podium and appearing yellow or from head to toe gilded but his visceral reaction tells me I should make an effort to decipher it.

If I remember correctly people were kneeling to him. It seemed to show him being revered as a god which made his efforts worth more than just vengeance.

Finished this yesterday. What a ride. 10/10 I had basically done and collected everything possible with the exception of the final 6 challenges and my only gripe is that by in comparison to the side bosses the Gods were extremely easy. I did the final berserker today along with the
valkarie queen damn that was hard as fuck. Finished the Final Challenges and literally just freed Tir (boy that was a surprise). I’m about to visit Jotunheim for the first time as Kratos and once I’ve done whatever needs to be done there I’ll finish with Broks funeral. His death hit me man

The soundtrack was once again amazing, particularly towards the endgame. I loved the different realms especially the crater section of vanahiem. I replayed the first just and went straight onto this so it’s been a long ride. Sad to see it end to be honest

I lol’d when Atreus was asking when he’d get muscles and Mimir said “you have the strength of a god but if you want the body of one you better start picking up heavy things then putting them back down”

On a side note,

Whats the answer to brocs riddle for mimir? The answers given all work. Havent seen the answer yet and im on my 2nd playthrough.

On a side note,

Whats the answer to brocs riddle for mimir? The answers given all work. Havent seen the answer yet and im on my 2nd playthrough.

I just heard it

a hole Mimir gets it at broks funeral.

I’m now done. 100% everywhere. Took me 73hrs total.

Back