No Spoilers Official GOD OF WAR: RAGNARÖK Discussion

I played a bit of GoW PS4 last night with my cousin, who was apparently a decent amount into the game. In a cutscene, Kratos says that he was born a god. Is this a lie? A recon? I was very confused.

I played a bit of GoW PS4 last night with my cousin, who was apparently a decent amount into the game. In a cutscene, Kratos says that he was born a god. Is this a lie? A recon? I was very confused.
He’s Zeus’s son.

like… my dude… where u been? U think Kratos accomplished all those feats as a full mere mortal? Lol.

methink it’s been eons since you played them oldies and completely forgot the story…

like… my dude… where u been? U think Kratos accomplished all those feats as a full mere mortal? Lol.

methink it’s been eons since you played them oldies and completely forgot the story…
I only played the original on PS2. From what I remember, Kratos was a mortal soldier. He requested power from Ares to defeat his enemies, went into a rage and ended up killing his own family, then went off to kill Ares as revenge, becoming more powerful as he progressed. And it has been ages since I played, lol.

I only played the original on PS2. From what I remember, Kratos was a mortal soldier. He requested power from Ares to defeat his enemies, went into a rage and ended up killing his own family, then went off to kill Ares as revenge, becoming more powerful as he progressed. And it has been ages since I played, lol.

I mean.. you practically missed 2/3 of that Greek arc. You find out he is one of Zeus’s bastards in GOW2.

I mean.. you practically missed 2/3 of that Greek arc. You find out he is one of Zeus’s bastards in GOW2.

Anything else you guys want to spoil for us?

But seriously though, I played and finished the original GoW. It was implied then he was related to Zeus. I bought GoW2, but never got around to finishing it. I remember lending the disc to a friend of a friend, forgot about it, then cut ties with my friend so I never saw his friend again.

When I went looking for the disc one day I realized I didn't have it and had a FML moment.

SO since I don't remember things too well.. I remember Kratos had to open Pandora's box in GoW to fight Ares on even ground, and when he won he became the God of War. So basically Kratos was a god all along but wasn't aware of it.

Isn't this similar to Atreus's situation? Also, Atreus kept getting sick because his brain couldn't understand he was born with powers, because HE didn't know he was a god. Wouldn't it have been the same situation with Kratos?

Seems like a plot hole.

Oh and I never played GoW3, but I did download it recently so I will soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything else you guys want to spoil for us?

But seriously though, I played and finished the original GoW. It was implied then he was related to Zeus. I bought GoW2, but never got around to finishing it. I remember lending the disc to a friend of a friend, forgot about it, then cut ties with my friend so I never saw his friend again. It’s available as a classic game I think. Buy it and finish it.

When I went looking for the disc one day I realized I didn't have it and had a FML moment.

SO since I don't remember things too well.. I remember Kratos had to open Pandora's box in GoW to fight Ares on even ground, and when he won he became the God of War. So basically Kratos was a god all along but wasn't aware of it.

Isn't this similar to Atreus's situation? Also, Atreus kept getting sick because his brain couldn't understand he was born with powers, because HE didn't know he was a god. Wouldn't it have been the same situation with Kratos?

Seems like a plot hole.

Oh and I never played GoW3, but I did download it recently so I will soon.

this is the ragnarok thread not the GOW series thread. We aren’t talking about spoilers in the ragnarok game. And also if you’ve played Ragnarok there are multiple convos and references about Kratos and his godly lineage.

you can’t expect the majority of us to distinguish players who have not played the first arc and not. GOW 2 was released back in 2007. If you haven’t played it by now then it’s on you dude. If you cared THAT much about the old story then don’t come in here and finish GOW2 and 3. I remember finishing both of those games in a few days. They weren’t long or hard games at all.

All I am saying is that it’s a bit ridiculous to expect people to avoid talking about a 15 year old game from the previous arc of the current game.

Last edited:
@mixmastermo

what makes this even more ridiculous is that you find out Kratos is Zeus’s son when he goes to Helheim in God of War. So anybody who missed out on playing the first 3 original GOW still should have been aware of of his lineage.

so let me get this straight, u only played the original Greek arc GOW, didnt finish GOW 2, and didn’t play GOW 3.

Did you play GOW (2018)?

this is the ragnarok thread not the GOW series thread. We aren’t talking about spoilers in the ragnarok game. And also if you’ve played Ragnarok there are multiple convos and references about Kratos and his godly lineage.

you can’t expect the majority of us to distinguish players who have not played the first arc and not. GOW 2 was released back in 2007. If you haven’t played it by now then it’s on you dude. If you cared THAT much about the old story then don’t come in here and finish GOW2 and 3. I remember finishing both of those games in a few days. They weren’t long or hard games at all.

All I am saying is that it’s a bit ridiculous to expect people to avoid talking about a 15 year old game from the previous arc of the current game.
I was totally kidding. I even jokingly asked for Dizzy to be permabanned

On that note I noticed a mod edited my post with a spoiler tag for the first GoW game for PS4, lol

@mixmastermo

what makes this even more ridiculous is that you find out Kratos is Zeus’s son when he goes to Helheim in God of War. So anybody who missed out on playing the first 3 original GOW still should have been aware of of his lineage.

so let me get this straight, u only played the original Greek arc GOW, didnt finish GOW 2, and didn’t play GOW 3.

Did you play GOW (2018)?
Rosebud is the sled

On that note I noticed a mod edited my post with a spoiler tag for the first GoW game for PS4, lol
That’s the newest arc you’d referenced and is an important plot point. Totally got you were joking on GoW2 content but anything as it relates to Norse backdrop is still current.

That’s the newest arc you’d referenced and is an important plot point. Totally got you were joking on GoW2 content but anything as it relates to Norse backdrop is still current.
Ok cool, cuz I was thinking about something I wanted to share with you guys, and it includes spoilers for this entire arc.

SO here's my theory:

Kratos is a passive empath.

Think about it:

Atreus openly disrespects him numerous times
Atreus kills Modi, a god, right after Kratos tells him not to
Atreus disrespects Faye
Atreus yells at him during the first trip to Alfheim
Atreus gets them both stuck in Helheim
Atreus goes to other realms, lies about it repeatedly, and even releases the hound in Hel causing massive chaos across the 9 realms

At the end of it all, he gives Atreus forgiveness and giant hugs.

Maybe if Zeus had given him a puppy when he was young, this whole "i'm going to kill all Greek gods" thing could have been avoided.

HD-wallpaper-cute-puppy-dog-dogs-puppies-sweet-white-thumbnail.jpg

I finished it last night.
Overall i think i enjoyed it better than the 1st one.

I liked that the boss fights we're more complex and less of just avoiding punches and punching back.
To me, the storyline in ragnarok is better, better characters, more of them and most of them are interesting. A few twists and turns aswell. I was disapointed in the 1st one to not even see Thor, or Odin.

It feels like there was a little bit less exploration (which i like, big open worlds with a bunch of markers on the map is getting tiresome to me).

My main gripe is the same as the 1st one. They wanna give you FS like challenging fights (valkyries, beserkers) but the mechanics aren't smooth enought. The same roll at the same time during the same animation will have different results, lagging to switch weps, etc. In the harder Berserker fights you're basically fighting the camera, especially the fight with the main guy and the 2 elemental sisters where they're aggroing onto you off camera.

I've accessed NG+, i'll probably finish most of the new objectives, clean up all the beserkers and then most likely call it a day with this game.

Overall i think its a solid 8 on 10

Ended up clearing the entire game after all. 100% all locations and platinum trophy

i really enjoy these style of games. Hopefully the new TMNT game in the style of GOW will be amazing.
I didnt know about that tmnt game...

Back