Official Judo Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the responses guys, gonna go the local club this tuesday see how I get on

Im 40. Took my first Judo class last week. Im a disaster, lol, but im going back!

Im 40. Took my first Judo class last week. Im a disaster, lol, but im going back!

how was it mate? get thrown around? were the people helpful? I'm starting tonight!

I partnered up with a black belt today, he was drilling morote seoi nage on me, and i notice how much pain my knees felt. Lol
I hope you don't run into that situation since you are 40 and a disaster haha.

First session earlier this evening was great really enjoyed it!

Crap I wish my dojo would practice more Judo...now they have one evening half dedicated to it and a saturday morning. Even the BJJ players only start from their knees now and the MMA bs seems to have taken over. Really sad.

Good day of practice today.

Another brown belt showed after a 3 year hiatus (like I did) and I felt his pain in randori...as I took advantage of all his mis-timings and openings...like people did to me my first day back. Nice to see the shoe on the other foot and know I wasn't alone.

In 3 weeks he'll be smashing me, so its all good.

Next day and I'm very sore like I did weights for every body part at the gym!

Does anyone else do Walking handstand as a warm up in their Judo school?

i find this kinda retarded to do as, not everyone has the time to learn to do this and we are wasting time to do this during class as a warm up when we can be doing more uchi komi's lol.
Its good practice after a good uchi mata

30:50 Koji Komuro BB judo in another BJJ match! He doesn't have a "BJJ" legit black belt but he's putting them all down easy.

Hey since it's a new thread, I just thought I'd update and say I am still at it after 6 months. I've been going to judo 2X/week immediately after BJJ.

I'd go a third time, but Sunday randori is at the exact same time as Sunday open mat.

Hey since it's a new thread, I just thought I'd update and say I am still at it after 6 months. I've been going to judo 2X/week immediately after BJJ.

I'd go a third time, but Sunday randori is at the exact same time as Sunday open mat.

I hope you are having fun ^^.
Be careful on the throws and getting thrown!

I have been LOVING Go Tsunoda lately. So incredibly explosive and fast, really drills using the hips effectively in Tsuri Komi (general pull-in or penetration for throw) and using Uke as a handle to massively increase your speed and impact. He does his the same way you would do an Olympic lift, leading with the hips, and in practice last night it proved to be incredibly powerful. As in pulling a strong and defensive Uke completely off the floor powerful.

Sample Vid followed by my playlist for his top 20 vids, all pure gold.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC97C65F674126370

Quick question guys.
Are whitebelts allowed to go for armbars? I remember when I used to train a couple years ago i was told whitebelts weren't allowed to do armbars. I forget, but I think I remember the sensei telling me it was both classes and tournaments.

If that is true, at what rank am I allowed to go for armbars? Yellow and beyond?

Thank you!

Quick question guys.
Are whitebelts allowed to go for armbars? I remember when I used to train a couple years ago i was told whitebelts weren't allowed to do armbars. I forget, but I think I remember the sensei telling me it was both classes and tournaments.

If that is true, at what rank am I allowed to go for armbars? Yellow and beyond?

Thank you!
The rules vary from association to association.

The rules vary from association to association.

Yep, which is crap in my opinion.

If you're an adult, all legal technique should be fair game.

There was one tournament my team went to that had that BS. Coach said if they did it again the next year we wouldn't go. Thankfully they saw the light the next time.

WB to Judan adults should all compete under the same rules.

Glad to find this thread. I just joined a new judo facility. It's the first time I've been able to train twice a week and am learning a lot. Sore too! Hopefully that will get better over time. I've noticed the pace is a lot faster and more explosive. Takes some adjustment from the slower and more methodical approach to BJJ. Hopefully one day I'll be able to put them both together.

Good stuff. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back