Official Lloyd Irvin Statement

NYE isn't what people have spent the last 2 weeks beating up on him about. People reasonably said that the actions of Schultz & Maldonado weren't his fault. The issue that has hounded him is the 1989 case.

And I am not defending the guy, I'm just not prepared to burn him at the stake. I've said consistently throughout this that I think he's a scumbag.

By the way, thanks for equating my "better late than never" sentiment with the suggestion that I'm somehow in favor of rape. You're a real class act.

This is just like the third time I've seen you playing Douchebag's Advocate for Irvin so I was just wondering....

I don't think anyone should be "hounding him" about either case but I'm not about to defend him, either.

Even if Lloyd Irvin always seemed to me as an individual with really questionnable values and morals, I don't think it is fair to hold hime responsible for what those two guys did in NYE.

With that being said, it seems that the mentality at Lloyd's academy does attract some immoral people and the environement in which they live and train probably does not help them at becomming better human beings.

^very well worded

He still needs to explain his version of what happened in 1989.

This is just like the third time I've seen you playing Douchebag's Advocate for Irvin so I was just wondering....

I don't think anyone should be "hounding him" about either case but I'm not about to defend him, either.

How is calling him a scumbag and essentially saying "better late than never" defending him? It's not. It's stating my opinion. It's certainly not a statement in support of rape. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I've made it a point not to make a big deal when people have attacked me personally in these discussions, but this kind of bullshit is uncalled for.

He is using the trial results as justification for him *ahem* getting off?
It was clear the jury wanted to punish him however did not have the means to do so. Sigh, he tried at least. I wont bash him any further (himself and supporters seem to be doing a fine job on their own anyhow) but wont support him at all.

That really didn't address any of the underlying issues, and didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. He really didn't explain what happened that night, he didn't talk about the culture of his team, he just denied allegations and said he's trying to do right by people who were harmed. And then he throws stones and those who were judging him.

Does this really change anything?

The only thing worthwhile there was an outright apology for buying the website.

Failure by omission.

He starts out by apologizing to his friends and family for not defending himself harder. That's your apology?

"“Why have I been silent on this?”

To put it simply, my focus has been on my team…

most of all, I have at my school a dear friend, student & team member
who’s had an unimaginably horrible experience and
my only desire is to care for, support and help her."

Lies. Even in apology, he can't fess up to his self-interest. It's all been about the team, see. Has nothing to do with him.

Nowhere in that statement is there one word of genuine remorse. It's like Lance Armstrong, take 2. Here's his attempt to explain why he bought the rape website name:

"I didn’t like the tone and tenor of things online
(but still felt I could not speak publicly about anything)
and I simply didn’t want someone else in control of
the name my Son and I share in association with
the current or 1989 situation.

Beyond that my intention was honorable
but the execution and timing were awful
As everyone can see,
the moment I realized this,, it was taken down…"

In other words, you wanted to block and hide the discussion by putting up rape defense promos as a preemptive attack. You wanted to control the discussion by shouting it out. And you used promoting rape defense seminars as the tool, in a move so spectacularly cynical it defies description. How was that honorable intentions? Was this part of your alleged "focus on the team" instead of yourself? And again, the only reason he stopped is because he got caught in the act.

well LI just said that he was not not convicted therefore he was innocent.

"The facts are the facts and glossing over the fact that
I did NOT rape nor have sex with ANYONE involved in the 1989 incident
cannot and should not be brushed under the carpet"

"was not convicted. I was innocent."

"Error establishing a database connection"

Anyone have a copy of it? Page isn't loading or is gone.

well LI just said that he was not not convicted therefore he was innocent.

"The facts are the facts and glossing over the fact that
I did NOT rape nor have sex with ANYONE involved in the 1989 incident
cannot and should not be brushed under the carpet"

"was not convicted. I was innocent."

Well, Lloyd, then you shouldn't have bought a domain name and ran rape prevention promos to sweep this all under the carpet then.

Irvin was only acquitted because a fellow rapist whose testimony was enough to indict him, only went on trial a year later.

Irvin got away with it.

Last edited:
I think that statement is probably the best thing we could get at this point. That still doesn't make it good.

I understand why he glossed over the details of the 1989 incident. No matter what his side of the story is, the fact remains that at the very minimum he stood by and watched while several of his friends raped a 17 year old girl. He also wanted to join in. That's not something that can ever be minimized.

As for his blatant attempts to cover up the details of these events, he admitted 100% fault so there is not much more he can do there. Again, it's not something that can really be minimized at this point. It's just there.

People will just have to choose for themselves whether they can still support him or not. I don't think I can at this point in time. Maybe I will change my view in the future, but it seems unlikely.

At the very least, this statement will probably put aside some of the more immediate drama. Lloyd has now spoken on the issue which releases a lot of the daily pressure.

What is left is to deal with the facts. Lloyd as a 20 year old man wanted to join in a gang rape happening right in front of him. Lloyd as a 43 year old man tried to cover up details of that rape for several weeks. He has expressed remorse for those actions.

How people react to those facts is going to be determined by their individual consciences.

http://lucaatalla.com/2013/01/how-the-reputation-murder-works/

And the web thickens as those in bed financially with Lloyd speak out.

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/official-lloyd-irvin-statement/
How is it possible that no one has noticed this little gem in Lloyd's speech?

"I don’t know much about what, how or why new years eve happened…
I wish I did and I think it unwise to pressure her about all of these details
at this point as she’s got enough to deal with.

Certainly as the trial progresses we will all learn more."

Glad to see Graciemag supports Lloyd's veiled attack on her side of the story. How is she going to tell you WHY this happened? Why are you assuming SHE is the one to explain? The young men who RAPED her should be the ones you are demanding explanation from.

Or this...
"I said “no, no dad I didn’t rape her, I didn’t.”
And with that he said…

“then you will not say you did.”"

- No, you will just say you WANTED to, but couldn't.

- So you aren't "guilty" of rape (assuming you were telling the truth, 100% as you say). You were just guilty of ATTEMPTED rape. Whew, I was worried for a second there. That's so much better.

I think if this came out about two weeks ago it would have been way better.

Its good he issued a statement, and I agree "better late than never."

I think he did display some degree of honesty in there, contrary to what some people might think. Most of the stuff he said he could have said initially and stopped this whole thing from spiraling out of control.

Oh well. At least he said something.

I think that statement is probably the best thing we could get at this point. That still doesn't make it good.

I understand why he glossed over the details of the 1989 incident. No matter what his side of the story is, the fact remains that at the very minimum he stood by and watched while several of his friends raped a 17 year old girl. He also wanted to join in. That's not something that can ever be minimized.

As for his blatant attempts to cover up the details of these events, he admitted 100% fault so there is not much more he can do there. Again, it's not something that can really be minimized at this point. It's just there.

People will just have to choose for themselves whether they can still support him or not. I don't think I can at this point in time. Maybe I will change my view in the future, but it seems unlikely.

At the very least, this statement will probably put aside some of the more immediate drama. Lloyd has now spoken on the issue which releases a lot of the daily pressure.

What is left is to deal with the facts. Lloyd as a 20 year old man wanted to join in a gang rape happening right in front of him. Lloyd as a 43 year old man tried to cover up details of that rape for several weeks. He has expressed remorse for those actions.

How people react to those facts is going to be determined by their individual consciences.

Pretty much this.

There's no point in crucifying him anymore. The damage has been done. Unless some new details emerge from the case there is no need to keep this up.

That letter from Luca was ridiculously dumb.

Lloyd is correct in that the most important effort right now should be to support the victim of the NYE incident as a whole (The BJJ Community). However - he is the number one reason why the BJJ Community cannot move on to this phase of support.

This statement does not address nearly enough of the issues surrounding the 1989 incident. He says that he told the truth in court. If that's so then his words damn him. HE SAYS that he wanted to participate in the sexual activity that was found by a jury to be RAPE. How does he reconcile this with the statement that he was found 'innocent'. This is once again a play on words, fucking semantics. He wasn't found 'innocent' he was found not guilty which is a huge difference.

This statement was horse shit. Fuck that guy.

Graciemag were present and made a speech at LI millionaire MMA seminar.

I wonder how they got paid to show up at the seminar.

Back