PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never gotten motion discomfort in my life but this is something I worry over after buying. Have you a history of any motion sickness or like – be it car, boat, plane, whatever? Or is this a first time occurrence?

No, not really. Was in the Navy and got sea sick my first day on the ship but that was it. My kids also complained they start feeling sick playing the SpongeBob roller coaster game.

Well I got my PSVR2 and so far not thrilled with it.

Not sure where I got the impression that all PSVR games were backwards compatible with PSVR2 but was obviously disappointed to find they weren't. I swear I read somewhere they were.

The visual experience really can be jarringly different if you don't have it dialed in. The first time I played GT7 I thought this is it? This can't possibly be it. Just looked like a less high res version of the game with eye tracking. Took a break for a while, tinkered with the headset some, dropped back in and had that holy fuck this is impressive moment.

Unfortunately I did get pretty motion sick and had to quit after 15 minutes or so. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to.

I only got motion sickness with GT7 when I looked to my left/right and focused on the whipping scenery. As long as I was focused forward it was fine. I could play for about an hour, but the headset got uncomfortable and all the points where it rested on your head would get sweaty.

With RE4 and some of the other games I've played, have definitely got me feeling motion sickness after a short amount of time. I've always felt that VR is a fun novelty, so I don't go back regularly enough to try to see if it gets better with regular play.

I only got motion sickness with GT7 when I looked to my left/right and focused on the whipping scenery. As long as I was focused forward it was fine. I could play for about an hour, but the headset got uncomfortable and all the points where it rested on your head would get sweaty.

With RE4 and some of the other games I've played, have definitely got me feeling motion sickness after a short amount of time. I've always felt that VR is a fun novelty, so I don't go back regularly enough to try to see if it gets better with regular play.
Fuck. Haven't even fired up RE yet. Bought it on a whim and already regretting it.

The hackers have released shit loads of the Insomniac stuff they took including future plans /Games, cancelled projects and personal info

The hackers have released shit loads of the Insomniac stuff they took including future plans /Games, cancelled projects and personal info
Yeah it’s pretty bad, especially the personal stuff. I see some disappointment about how they’re turned into basically a Marvel studio but with different characters they can still give them each their own identity. Very excited to see what they’ve got cooking but I’m not going to search for anything, I want my first exposure to these games to come directly from them.

Supposedly the entire story of Wolverine has been leaked. Freaking scumbags…. stuff like this should lead to jail time.

lol at 2026 for Wolverine. And from leaked gameplay it better look a whole lot better than that by 2026.

lol at 2026 for Wolverine. And from leaked gameplay it better look a whole lot better than that by 2026.
this is a good thing imo, most Sony first party games come out without the need for major patches. This just means the game will be very polished. I’m more surprised with what were supposedly getting in 2025.

this is a good thing imo, most Sony first party games come out without the need for major patches. This just means the game will be very polished. I’m more surprised with what were supposedly getting in 2025.
From the leak I saw it’s basically Wolverine instead of spider man . Nothing from that leak shows anything ground breaking special to have to wait till 2026.

From the leak I saw it’s basically Wolverine instead of spider man . Nothing from that leak shows anything ground breaking special to have to wait till 2026.
That’s not only reason though. Release dates also exist to maximize profits. It’s possible it could be ready earlier but if it’s true that we get that other game in 2025 they might just wait it out until sales for that start to slow down. I’m not going to look at footage though

Really beginning to enjoy my PSVR. I think the initial motion sickness has worn off and I'm into it now. Picked up Thumper for $5 and holy shit

Sony Corp Group and Koei Temco have entered into an business alliance agreement with Akatsuki ( Atelier Resleriana dev, plus loads of mobile games).

Sony gets 9.87% worth of shares of the company and Temco gets 7.97

① Sony Group

The Company will further build relationships with Sony Group and its affiliates to create new business opportunities, aiming to cooperate in overseas market expansion for mobile games, both those currently under development and those to be developed in the future, as well as to collaborate with co-production and development of new IP and content.

② Koei Tecmo Holdings

In addition to game projects already underway, the Company will further build relationships with Koei Tecmo Holdings in the following three areas to create new business opportunities in the future:

• A) Collaboration in development and operation of multi-device next-generation live-ops games
  • B) Collaboration on global expansion, marketing, and publishing of live-ops games
  • C) Collaboration on new IP, content and ser

Love Wolverine but I'm worried the combat will also hit like Spider-Man, which isn't for me personally; rather, I'd like single-enemy, weighted, Soulsy combat and not Arkham style.

PS5 hit the 50m mark on December 9th, 22.5m consoles sold this year

Capture_decran_2023-12-20_a_14.20.16.png

Hopefully any leak discussion is spoilered.

PS5 sales in yearly wrap surge while Switch and Xbox sales decline:

It told the Financial Times that sales of Sony’s console were up about 65 percent to 22.5 million units this year.

In comparison, annual Xbox Series X/S sales reportedly declined by 15 percent to 7.6 million, while sales of Nintendo’s ageing Switch console fell by 18 percent to 16.4 million.

The data was provided to coincide with Sony’s announcement that PS5 has cleared 50 million sales since launching in November 2020.

Sony Corp Group and Koei Temco have entered into an business alliance agreement with Akatsuki ( Atelier Resleriana dev, plus loads of mobile games).

Sony gets 9.87% worth of shares of the company and Temco gets 7.97

So is this a move into mobile for broader acumen maybe on a Sony level or what's the play here – just a new revenue stream?

So is this a move into mobile for broader acumen maybe on a Sony level or what's the play here – just a new revenue stream?

Mobile market plus new IP's and other content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back