No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

I didn’t really love read dead redemption, but this one looks pretty incredible.

Do you guys think it’s worth the buy?

I didn’t really love read dead redemption, but this one looks pretty incredible.

without a doubt. Even if theres things you dislike about the game it's impossible to deny how good some of the shit is within it

honestly, i think the first one is much better and wouldn't recommend buying rdr2 at full price.

I cant recall the last time I've played a game where I'd rather be roaming around aimlessly than following main missions. There's just so much to do and a plethora of randomness to keep the game engaging without requiring you to follow the story. I'm 40 hours in and haven't even completed half of the campaign.

Absolutely. This is a game all gamers - whether you're a casual or hardcore player - should experience.

They could have done the whole game without any cutscenes since the graphics are so good. I think they made it too linear, forcing you to walk/trot at the same speed as people on your mission. The computer controlled characters should change THEIR speed to suit the humans not other way round I think

There are times when you follow an NPC and, yes, you ride at their pace. However, there are other times when you lead someone to a location and they'll ride at whatever speed you choose. I've also encountered the former and I would tap A/X to speed up and the leader would speed up as well.

And you're complaining about cutscenes in a story driven single player game? Do you even video game, bro?

games =/= shows or movies.

if i wanted to just sit and watch shit "play" itself, i'd be one of those idiots watching youtwitch.

does anyone know of a way to recover lost guns or what causes the bug in the first place?

not sure if i should buy another shotgun or if it'll magically reappear sometime.

(and don't look this up, you'll only stupid articles like 'how to find your lost guns' only for the morons to say it's on your horse as if we're all idiots that don't know about the longarm shoulder/back bags. but there's some kind of bug where guns will randomly vanish from your inventory. the most common vanishings are the schofield and pump shotgun, but it's my double barrel that went missing)

Ya same thing happened to me. My Schofield Revolver disappeared and I gave it an etched Pearl Grip and errthang. Picked up the awesome Midnight Pistol Mauser and when I picked it up I think it dropped my Schofield but it's not in my inventory any more.

Looks like its a bug cause Redditors are having the same problem. My Ardennes War horse you get for free disappeared to after I had it in my stables. Not was rank 1 so no loss but I had to go to Valentine to get a new one.

It's an incredible game but it's definitely not for everyone. If you're expecting GTAV set in the wild west you'll be dissapointed. The game is purposefully slow and methodical in just about everything it does and there are a ton of systems and elements to learn. I still feel like I have so much to learn about this game, it's hard to just pop in and play. I think the game will be incredibly rewarding if given the time it needs but satifaction is anything but instantaneous.

Ya same thing happened to me. My Schofield Revolver disappeared and I gave it an etched Pearl Grip and errthang. Picked up the awesome Midnight Pistol Mauser and when I picked it up I think it dropped my Schofield but it's not in my inventory any more.

Looks like its a bug cause Redditors are having the same problem. My Ardennes War horse you get for free disappeared to after I had it in my stables. Not was rank 1 so no loss but I had to go to Valentine to get a new one.

lolz. i forgot about the pre-order war horse (and whatever other bonuses there were). i don't even know how to find/get it. *shrugs*

Heard this game has awful glitches where special weapons and ever characters like the Marstons disappear completely form your hub camp area. But be quiet it’s Rockstar masterpiece greatest game ever blah blah

there are three locations the maps are inside the mouth of the severed heads the first one I found was near valentine
Thanks

To those whining about cutscenes... I'm not really sure what they all expected. GTA V was very much the same way in the single player portion of the game. Part of me wonders if that game being so old and the Online section being so prolific people have forgotten that.

Also, it's only like that if you're hard charging the main missions. Let yourself get pulled off that with the side missions (the white circles) and some of the challenges and shit or do what I got stuck doing... playing super low stakes poker for 2 hours.

Heard this game has awful glitches where special weapons and ever characters like the Marstons disappear completely form your hub camp area. But be quiet it’s Rockstar masterpiece greatest game ever blah blah
Yeah, talk shit about a game you haven't played yourself.

This is like morons that jumped into the No Man's Sky thread that hadn't touched the game talking shit about it. I talked shit about it but I tried to play it for 3 hours before I got bored and moved on to something else.

You're basically acting like the douchebags I see at my second job walking past my bar going "oh, it's a new name, it's just like the *oldname* and not worth looking." to the point I finally talked back and was like:
"Tonight's our second night, I know I didn't stamp you in last night and you are just out tonight so how do you know it's the same?"
"Oh, I just do."
"Yeah... sure.... why don't you put your parent's money where your mouth is and go look puto"

Also, there might be some glitches in this game but compared to a fucking Bethesda game like Skyrim or Fallout when they first released? LOL.....

lolz. i forgot about the pre-order war horse (and whatever other bonuses there were). i don't even know how to find/get it. *shrugs*

Go to the stables in Valentine. Buy horse and its free. Its a big ass war horse but slow AF. Cool horse but going from the Arabian to the Ardennes was very noticeable.

At least johns horse will have a friend now at camp.

There are times when you follow an NPC and, yes, you ride at their pace. However, there are other times when you lead someone to a location and they'll ride at whatever speed you choose. I've also encountered the former and I would tap A/X to speed up and the leader would speed up as well.

And you're complaining about cutscenes in a story driven single player game? Do you even video game, bro?

“There are times”- the majority of missions lock you in at their pace for large parts of the mission

And Im complaining about cut scenes because there are too many/too long and it ruins immersion.

I like that you can feed dead bodies to pigs, Brick Top style!
latest

Got the volcano pistol and unlocked the fence. Fun game so far. Kinda goofy sometimes tho. Some dude said I claimed 3 innocent lives and needed to be punished but no bounty or chase ensued.

So I have the legendary beat pelt but have no idea where to store it. The butcher at the camp told me some trapper can make outfits out of pelts but I haven’t found him yet. So I leave the belt on the back of the war horse and leave it in camp and take another horse out.

Anytime that 2nd horse and so die, when the game reloads it tells me I lost the legendary pelt. WTF?

Came across two guys in the woods trying to open a safe with a sledgehammer. Killed them. Couldn't figure out anyway to open the safe. Was it just for looks? Anyone open it?

So I have the legendary beat pelt but have no idea where to store it. The butcher at the camp told me some trapper can make outfits out of pelts but I haven’t found him yet. So I leave the belt on the back of the war horse and leave it in camp and take another horse out.

Anytime that 2nd horse and so die, when the game reloads it tells me I lost the legendary pelt. WTF?
I've lost a legendary pelt but it was automatically sent to the trapper. Check and see if the clothing made from it is available there.

Back