No Spoilers Official Resident Evil Village Discussion

Started my second playthrough this time in 3rd person mode. I like it but the gameplay doesn't feel as snug as the RE2make. I'm sure it's because it's now how this game but was originally designed but it's fine. Still looks great.

Been wanting to replay this around Halloween, will be happy to pay for the DLC.
Even though it’s a creepy game, it doesn’t fit Halloween for me. Not a cold enough yet. This is a “30 degrees, trees are bare, dark at 5:30, bowl of soup and grilled cheese for dinner” type of night game.

DLC got bad reviews sadly. Not sure I want enough to spend $20

Reactions: hsz
DLC got bad reviews sadly. Not sure I want enough to spend $20

I'm watching gameplay of the multiplayer, REverse, as I type this and it feels very tacked-on using old assets of the RE series from RE7, RE2make, RE3make, and REVillage.

Its cute, and I bet it'd be fun to play with friends to fuck around, but its not something I'd pay to play unless I had multiple friends that are RE fans.

Just beat it. Aside from being less scary I think overall it was improvement over 7 in just about every way.

I just wish it didn't have to be so stupid. I know RE has always had some campiness whether it was the poor dialogue or punching bolders but they seem intent on just making the plot and characters as ridiculous as possible. It's supposed to be a horror series and while it's still scary at times it would be so much better if they didn't smother it in over the top nonsense.
Beat my second playthrough, this time in 3rd person mode. I'd say my score probably dropped from an 8 to a 7. Game has a lot going for it but too many issues.

1. It's short as fuck. Two of the four sort of unique areas are so short I swear you can beat them in 15 minutes if you know what you're doing. I would have liked to have seen more of the actual village.
2. Again the tone is too silly and stupid even for a Resident Evil game. They could have kept the same setting and characters and made it less campy and I think it would have helped a lot.
3. For whatever reason the gameplay feels kind of sloppy compared to something like RE2make and when you've got more nimble enemies like Wolfmen the balance just feels off.
4. Heisenbergs factory has to be one of the most poorly conceived areas in an RE game ever. Second time playing it and second time being completely lost running in circles not sure what to do next. The map is crap.
5. Tried the DLC for an hour or so and it was tedious as fuck. Probably won't bother finishing it.

Still really looking forward to REM4KE which I hope can take all the best parts of this game and RE2make. It looks super promising. But as a whole I'm not terribly fond of the direction the newer RE games have been going. I know the Nathan Winters saga is over and I would love to see a return to some classic RE game fundamentals but im not counting on it.

Beat my second playthrough, this time in 3rd person mode. I'd say my score probably dropped from an 8 to a 7. Game has a lot going for it but too many issues.

1. It's short as fuck. Two of the four sort of unique areas are so short I swear you can beat them in 15 minutes if you know what you're doing. I would have liked to have seen more of the actual village.
2. Again the tone is too silly and stupid even for a Resident Evil game. They could have kept the same setting and characters and made it less campy and I think it would have helped a lot.
3. For whatever reason the gameplay feels kind of sloppy compared to something like RE2make and when you've got more nimble enemies like Wolfmen the balance just feels off.
4. Heisenbergs factory has to be one of the most poorly conceived areas in an RE game ever. Second time playing it and second time being completely lost running in circles not sure what to do next. The map is crap.
5. Tried the DLC for an hour or so and it was tedious as fuck. Probably won't bother finishing it.

Still really looking forward to REM4KE which I hope can take all the best parts of this game and RE2make. It looks super promising. But as a whole I'm not terribly fond of the direction the newer RE games have been going. I know the Nathan Winters saga is over and I would love to see a return to some classic RE game fundamentals but im not counting on it.
Nathan Winters will never be forgotten
tumblr_opdvnhdR751w582jto1_1280.jpg

Happy 3rd anniversary to being trapped in Castle Dimitrescu

resident-evil-village-2-scaled.jpg

resident-evil.gif

Back