No Spoilers Official Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Discussion

I can't wait for this, hopefully it delivers. This and Ghosts of Tsushima both look great

There are many RPG games that does lore and world building better than Soulsborne.

Morrowind and mass effect alone blows any of the fromsoftware's games out of the water when comes to lore and world building.
Haven't played elder Scrolls games, unfortunately.

But what's great about how Fromsoft presents their lore is that it needs to be uncovered, which gives it a mysterious atmosphere, making it seem more ancient. youre digging into the history of the world youre exploring, like an archeologist.

Haven't played elder Scrolls games, unfortunately.

But what's great about how Fromsoft presents their lore is that it needs to be uncovered, which gives it a mysterious atmosphere, making it seem more ancient. youre digging into the history of the world youre exploring, like an archeologist.

Hence why the other dude said that those games do world building better, you can play souls games and have no clue about lore or the worldbulding, its on the player to research. To me Ive never enjoyed scrolls games as much as I do the souls games, its all a preference. Some like surface level shit, others dont.

Hence why the other dude said that those games do world building better, you can play souls games and have no clue about lore or the worldbulding, its on the player to research. To me Ive never enjoyed scrolls games as much as I do the souls games, its all a preference. Some like surface level shit, others dont.
that makes it more immersive IMO. The lore has been written. It was crafted, but they decided not to throw it in your face. much like a real world. If you want to learn about its history, you have to research within the game.

I love how from soft keeps evolving their combat to make it more dynamic with each game. They are the GOATs when it comes to making action RPG combat.

Absolutely. Capcom did great things with the gameplay in Dragon's Dogma, but they didn't continue the series and don't have any other games with comparably good combat. So, From takes the cake.
also the GOAT at Lore/worldbuilding
Hahahahahahahahaha

Elitist? I’m not claiming pc superiority, even though that is a valid claim. There are a lot of studios better at building an immersive world than from. Gameplay is what makes them shine. I think that’s universally recognized.
I use world building in the sense of lore writing. not game development.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldbuilding

that being said, I haven't played Elder Scrolls

I think saying they don’t build great worlds is kind of off. You make not like the way they deliver stories but their worlds are immersive as hell and the visuals are incredible. I’m not even a graphics or visuals focused player but the first time you ascend sens fortress, beat the armor and get to see the world from anor londo is amazing, you can see a ton of the areas you just struggled through to climb to this new peak. I actually think that might be one of my favorite things... the struggle that ends in the visual delivery when you reach a new peak literally and figuratively.

I use world building in the sense of lore writing. not game development.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldbuilding

that being said, I haven't played Elder Scrolls
"Lore" is a really broad term that can include almost everything in a game's setting. If you mean what I think you mean, though, that is way too specific to define the GOAT at world building.

Even going by just lore, these studios have all done as well or better:
Blizzard, Bioware, Piranha Bytes, Square Enix, Bethesda, Obsidian, Bungie, Konami, and Larian. Most of those studios have created multiple universes that are just as good as the souls one.

Can't wait for this one with less than a month to go. I just recently played all the Souls games & Bloodborne after years of having them on my list but not getting around to it. I wish I hadn't waited so long. Honestly the best feeling in gaming I can remember in a while was finally beating Orphan of Kos & the Nameless King after around 20 tries each. I'm sure this one this one delivers in a similar way.

I love how from soft keeps evolving their combat to make it more dynamic with each game. They are the GOATs when it comes to making action RPG combat. also the GOAT at Lore/worldbuilding

I'm really digging the combat. I could never get the hang of the parry timing in the souls games so I would never really use it. This looks to be much more timed around the moment of impact instead of a few frames prior to. The sped up combat speed is a huge plus for me as well. Love the Souls games, but the combat in NioH hit the sweet spot and this looks to be around the same flow.

I'm really digging the combat. I could never get the hang of the parry timing in the souls games so I would never really use it. This looks to be much more timed around the moment of impact instead of a few frames prior to. The sped up combat speed is a huge plus for me as well. Love the Souls games, but the combat in NioH hit the sweet spot and this looks to be around the same flow.

I havent played Nioh full game but I did play the beta that came out for it and I absolutely despised the combat. Maybe its cause I sucked, but it felt to finicky, and a bit contrived. I love the souls games but its everything around the combat + the combat that make the game fun. Nioh seems to place a huge focus on the combat, and little on everything else.

He has a fire attack that burns the local vegetation when he uses it. And the bonfires look cool as shit.

Man the moevement looks incredible, and I loved the movement on BB, this looks like a whole another step up.

Man the moevement looks incredible, and I loved the movement on BB, this looks like a whole another step up.
Yeah it reminds me a lot of BB too. Can't fucking wait to try it.

This game looks so good, can't wait to play it.

Wtf, where did this come from?
No clue, but its tiring watching that same demo everywhere. Not watching anything other than maybe trailers. I have a feeling this is gonna be probably better than BB. Well I hope so. It just seems special.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back