No Spoilers Official Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Discussion

Wtf, where did this come from?
I don't know why he was playing today but there was one other streamer with him at some kind of venue. I guess he never tried the demo when it was first made available.
It was a cool surprise though. Only three weeks away. <Moves>

So the game will have multiple endings, with each replay being more difficult?

Sign me up.

So the game will have multiple endings, with each replay being more difficult?

Sign me up.
NG+

All the Soulsborne games have been like that.

I don't know why he was playing today but there was one other streamer with him at some kind of venue. I guess he never tried the demo when it was first made available.
It was a cool surprise though. Only three weeks away. <Moves>
So hyped lol

Gonna be going for no level runs?

seeing that stream makes the combat and gameplay look like some next level stuff. I'm excited. other action RPGs need to take note

NG+

All the Soulsborne games have been like that.
Ahh its just NG+, theyve never really been more difficult to me, because they felt scaled to your level. At the end, youre always a super levelled. Its been 2 years since I last played a Souls game so it mustve skipped my mind.

apparently timing is everything in this game. Parrying plays a HUGE part in successful combat. its a battle of who can break the others posture, then riposte.

damn pvp would be fun in this game

apparently timing is everything in this game. Parrying plays a HUGE part in successful combat. its a battle of who can break the others posture, then riposte.

damn pvp would be fun in this game
Dont think there is PVP for this game right?

Purely SP. I prefer it SP anyways. DS1 had the backstab meta that sucked and BB had that bullshit meme canon that was everywhere. Never really got into PVP for DS3 etc.

I just hope the game isnt dumbed down a bit due to no summons being allowed.

Dont think there is PVP for this game right?

Purely SP. I prefer it SP anyways. DS1 had the backstab meta that sucked and BB had that bullshit meme canon that was everywhere. Never really got into PVP for DS3 etc.

I just hope the game isnt dumbed down a bit due to no summons being allowed.
I think this will be the hardest game for me. I suck at parrying

I think this will be the hardest game for me. I suck at parrying
Dnt think of parrying in this game like DS/BB, this seems different.

I enjoyed parrying in BB the most because of the gun aspect. But then again I have a 150 hours in BB, that game is perfection to me, and I dont usually play games enough to even reach 20 hours, so if a game is great, I will put the time in to replay and learn the ins and outs, thats the fun of the souls games.

Also it'll be fun sharing tips and tricks and getting them aswell with yall on here. Its gonna be great.

Edit: Just checked its actually 250 hours on various characters. BB bless.

So hyped lol

Gonna be going for no level runs?
Apparently we all are... no stats to level. There will probably be some fun challenge runs though. Can't wait to try this deflect system man.

Apparently we all are... no stats to level. There will probably be some fun challenge runs though. Can't wait to try this deflect system man.
Wow, had no idea. Guess this is a lot heavier into the action genre than I thought.

Wow, had no idea. Guess this is a lot heavier into the action genre than I thought.
Yeah it's different. It's not a traditional RPG for a change but your prosthetic arm is supposed to be upgradable so I guess that's how they'll regulate game progression and difficulty.

Yeah it's different. It's not a traditional RPG for a change but your prosthetic arm is supposed to be upgradable so I guess that's how they'll regulate game progression and difficulty.
is there a skill tree?

is there a skill tree?

From what I read online there is. I think this is going to be the easiest game yet from this dev. They've been saying a lot of low key stuff hinting that it would be easier. I can't tell right away progressing through the levels will be easier than ever. Which is fine for me From games are hard as fuck for me and I've never finished one yet. In fact I've never finished any souls like game they just get to fucking hard for me.

Gonna be some videos from some of the famous Souls guys, Lobos, Vaati, etc., of new gameplay footage on Wednesday. Guess they can show 20 mins of what they played.

From what I read online there is. I think this is going to be the easiest game yet from this dev. They've been saying a lot of low key stuff hinting that it would be easier. I can't tell right away progressing through the levels will be easier than ever. Which is fine for me From games are hard as fuck for me and I've never finished one yet. In fact I've never finished any souls like game they just get to fucking hard for me.
I can’t imagine it’s going to be easier, especially with the heavy parry mechanic. That's probably what most people struggle getting down consistently. Some of the fights have seen look pretty brutal if you don't have your timing down.

I can’t imagine it’s going to be easier, especially with the heavy parry mechanic. That's probably what most people struggle getting down consistently. Some of the fights have seen look pretty brutal if you don't have your timing down.

Yea I read on it more after posting that. Seems going through the levels is easier but boss\mid-boss fights seem to be just as hard as before.

Yea I read on it more after posting that. Seems going through the levels is easier but boss\mid-boss fights seem to be just as hard as before.
FromSoft originally said it would be the hardest game yet but that could just be them trying to appease expectations. Personally I can't see it being much different than their last couple of games.

Gonna be some videos from some of the famous Souls guys, Lobos, Vaati, etc., of new gameplay footage on Wednesday. Guess they can show 20 mins of what they played.
Yeah I think he went to Japan to play it, didn't he? I'll try to tune in.

Back