RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Ngannou Discussion PPV 10/28, 2PM EST

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welp it’s not even late but that over performed so much still hype.

Glad to see the camera caught Fury being dirty with that elbow. Guy has always been a cheater.

Amen. Wilder might be a little delusional, but not as delusional as people think. The guy's a cheater.

That's true, he was wearing out Wilder by piling his body on him and holding. COuldn't do that here

Wilder was 220lbs , Francis was 277 of pure muscle it made a big difference. I think he could have stopped Fury late if he went for it also. He keeps his power late even when he is gassed.

Okay, I'll put it this way

Did fury really win this?
No draw at best. I’ve now got watched it 3 times and with the 10- 8 and he won almost enough rounds off points but I think draw or Ngannou won. You have to look at the body language Tyson looked scared as shit. Which is a testament to Tyson he gave him props and not on mic but he said why don’t you fight him to Usyk which is like saying that was was rough. then like propping up Francis. I can read lips when it’s slow mo. Who landed combos Francis who landed a KD Fran. Who made the the lineal HW champ fight timid Francis it’s a win.

Last edited:
Effective Aggression - Slight edge to Fury. Francis landed the most damaging significant strikes of the fight however Fury was throwing more volume and landing more strikes overall. Significant strikes overall were pretty even.
Ring Generalship - Ngannou. He was controlling the center more but he wasn't continually walking Fury down, he also had less activity when it came to actual punches being thrown.
Defense - Fury. Francis had the bigger moments but Ngannou had a few solid 1-2's down the line and ate more shots overall.
Hard and Clean Punches - Slight edge to Francis. Francis had the bigger moments but Fury landed a few unanswered solid 1-2's of his own.

Extremely close fight, but I think 95-94 Fury was the right scorecard.

If your argument is effective agression to Fury after round 4, I think that Francis took that. Emphasis on effective aggression.
Fury was landing 1-2 strikes extra in most rounds only and finished the fight with only 11 more strikes than Ngganou overall. The majority of those were body punches and Francis had the edge in power punches as you said.

Did Fury do enough to win that fight via volume with only 11 extra strikes when you take what you said above into account?
Sure if he was landing 5 to 10 extra strikes every round, I could see it with boxings terrible ruleset, but his volume was non existent and Francis was landing much bigger shots compared to the smoke and mirrors busy work of Tyson in that fight.

Tyson winning this fight is what's wrong with boxing scoring these days.

I scored the fight the exact same way that the Sherdog staff did with Ngannou winning by one point. I'm still shocked that I'm even saying that. Super close fight and while I don't consider it a robbery, it's a bit of a shame that we didn't get the truly cinderella outcome of an Ngannou victory. Oh, and Fury's a dirty mo fo for that elbow.

If your argument is effective agression to Fury after round 4, I think that Francis took that. Emphasis on effective aggression.
Fury was landing 1-2 strikes extra in most rounds only and finished the fight with only 11 more strikes than Ngganou overall. The majority of those were body punches and Francis had the edge in power punches as you said.

Did Fury do enough to win that fight via volume with only 11 extra strikes when you take what you said above into account?
Sure if he was landing 5 to 10 extra strikes every round, I could see it with boxings terrible ruleset, but his volume was non existent and Francis was landing much bigger shots compared to the smoke and mirrors busy work of Tyson in that fight.

Tyson winning this fight is what's wrong with boxing scoring these days.
Pitted patter as well no Francis ate his shots but that should favor Francis. Tyson looked shook a few times trying to just get out of the round. Big win for MMA and Francis. Everyone who watched knows score it how you will who almost slept who made the gypsy king a timid fighter that would be Francis

Francis has boxing fans looking to see him fight next. He made Tyson fury timid.

With Francis going the distance AND knocking down Fury (with a legit punch), all he did was add zeroes to his next go at boxing.

Somewhere in Nevada, this is happening..

OIP.oTonIZj7EjZS6U6BgSHadgHaEM

"FUUUUUUUUUUU....."

Most of the current mods used to just be my friends but sherdog nvm is Zebra is a mod then I’m okay. I guess I don’t really care or know how to become a mod.

lol I tried to like another post and I'm out of likes again.

I watched a Spanish broadcast and every close round was given to Fury. Lol.

I truely believe Francis won or a draw at minimum. Some of the rounds were pretty close when both fighters weren't that active.

Back