RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

It's a risky strategy. I thought Fury was going to spoil the whole thing with holding and putting his weight on Oleksander. Props to Fury for going out and trying to fight Usyk on even terms. I think hed be well served to make it uglier next time.
I think he tried. He couldnt do it as much as he would have liked.

It's a risky strategy. I thought Fury was going to spoil the whole thing with holding and putting his weight on Oleksander. Props to Fury for going out and trying to fight Usyk on even terms. I think hed be well served to make it uglier next time.
Yeah Fury definitely didn't use the type of spoiling tactics he typically uses. He deserves credit for that. Maybe he will in the rematch. I also expected Usyk to use his in-and-out movement more.

Yeah upon reflection Usyk at 37, with a broken jaw and a very close win against a bigger and younger opponent, and his 0 intact, might retire after all. Respect if he takes that rematch.

That’s respect. They are born within 1 year of each other btw. Tyson was born in 1988 and Usyk born in 1987. lol they are both in the the backend of their prime. They gave us an amazing fight. Could have went either way

Yeah Fury definitely didn't use the type of spoiling tactics he typically uses. He deserves credit for that. Maybe he will in the rematch. I also expected Usyk to use his in-and-out movement more.

I’m sure they both had their plans and the in ring adjustments changed things.

If usyk jaw was broken rematch might not happen until next year

Reactions: HHJ
I’m sure they both had their plans and the in ring adjustments changed things.

If usyk jaw was broken rematch might not happen until next year
I'm not sure about his jaw. I guess we'll see. He was able to speak fine during the post-fight interview. It may be jarred. If it is broken then it's probably a hairline fracture.

Just got an alert Usyk might have had his jaw broke ....dangiit dat dude tough !!

Edit: woops- looks like im late on the news. Damned canada !

CRAWFORD-AND-USYK.jpg

That’s respect. They are born within 1 year of each other btw. Tyson was born in 1988 and Usyk born in 1987. lol they are both in the the backend of their prime. They gave us an amazing fight. Could have went either way
Usyk is 18 months, 3 weeks and 5 days older. Just gives Fury a bit of an edge the age they are now.

Usyk is the man. Everything you could want in the world champ.

I hope a loss doesnt send Fury back to his out of the ring demons. Would love to see a rematch.

TM-punch-stats-Fury-Usyk.jpg

This article also says that Usyk was carried to his dressing room, then rushed straight to hospital (with a broken jaw).

Reactions: HHJ
Yeah, one of my all time favorite moments is when he knocks down (or was it out) Dorticos in the 11 or 12th round and just throws up his hands like: "Come on already I won". Dorticos was no slouch either coming into their fight. I share your sentiment I thought he would be fighting someone like Chisora or Whyte by now.
I have to wonder to be honest if he was on some shit and maybe he destroyed his body. On top of his power I always thought it was strange how he was so bald and hairy and looked so old at such a young age. After he came back from the usyk fight, he doesn't look like the same guy. He looks like 45 year old powerlifting coach. Still strong and hits hard but his athleticism is gone. Seems so slow and sluggish. I think he left Abel Sanchez after the usyk fight too, maybe he just doesn't train as hard

I'm not sure about his jaw. I guess we'll see. He was able to speak fine during the post-fight interview. It may be jarred. If it is broken then it's probably a hairline fracture.

Usyk is just about the same size as prime George Foreman.

It's insane that he's considered "small" in this era.

Hes fighting 6-7 260-270 lb giants

I have to wonder to be honest if he was on some shit and maybe he destroyed his body. On top of his power I always thought it was strange how he was so bald and hairy and looked so old at such a young age. After he came back from the usyk fight, he doesn't look like the same guy. He looks like 45 year old powerlifting coach. Still strong and hits hard but his athleticism is gone. Seems so slow and sluggish. I think he left Abel Sanchez after the usyk fight too, maybe he just doesn't train as hard
It could be but tbf it is not that unusual to be balding and hairy at his age in the region he is from.
That could be just genetics, also the extra weight might be slowing him down.
But I wish he can get some good wins and maybe challenge for a title again.

Great fight. Momentum went back and fort but at the end I think Usyk did enough.
Tyson recovery is unreal.
Rematch will/would be interesting. I feel Fury can make adjustments and get this one back

Usyk basically has to take damage in order to inflict damage. He also can’t stay on the outside

Back