RBR ***OFFICIAL*** Sherdog Sanctioned Wilder vs Fury II PPV RBR 2/22

Who wins the rematch of the Baddest Man on the Planet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for agreeing he got hit on the back of the head. I don't really care why it landed there.

You have no idea what is going on lol

NINTCHDBPICT000565280849-1.jpg

Bend the knee

You've overplayed this joke.

you dont even know the rules to the sport. Ducking and exposing the back of your head during a combo makes you legally open to any strikes to the back of the head. You must protect yourself at all times. you are a idiot.

Fury dominated from start to finish. Even if that punch didn’t land, wilder’s ass was grass tonight.

It’s a fucking boxing match between two extremely large men. Punches are thrown, sometimes shit happens. He clearly wasn’t trying to hit him in the back of the head, but rather in the side. Wilder turned and the shot landed. To what degree it was the back of the head is vague. Either way, what was Fury supposed to do in that fraction of a second? Say “oh fuck he’s turning! Better stop my follow through!” Grow up and stop with the nonsensical excuses.

you dont even know the rules to the sport. Ducking and exposing the back of your head during a combo makes you legally open to any strikes to the back of the head. You must protect yourself at all times. you are a idiot.
That is totally false and hopefully no one reading this thinks you have any idea what you're talking about. A punch to the back of the head is always illegal. Always. The only distinction made is if the strike is intentional or not.
I've been watching boxing for over 35 years, don't make up rules when you're talking to me.

Just curious. In your ideal world right now, do they review the fight, decide it was illegal, and change the outcome? Again, just curious.

That is totally false and hopefully no one reading this thinks you have any idea what you're talking about. A punch to the back of the head is always illegal. Always. The only distinction made is if the strike is intentional or not.
I've been watching boxing for over 35 years, don't make up rules when you're talking to me.

HAHAHA dude multiple people have told you same thing. You are trying to make a make technicality that's not even correct, a punch to the back of the head is NOT always illegal. If you have been watching boxing for 35 years and dont even know the rules you should not buy anymore PPVs, my wife even knows the rules and she doesn't give a fuck.

HAHAHA dude multiple people have told you same thing. You are trying to make a make technicality that's not even correct, a punch to the back of the head is NOT always illegal. If you have been watching boxing for 35 years and dont even know the rules you should not buy anymore PPVs, my wife even knows the rules and she doesn't give a fuck.
Multiple people are wrong. You're one of them and your last post shows total ignorance of the most basic rules of the sport. There are certain areas of the body a boxer can hit and the back of the head is not one of them. There is no rule that says that if you turn then its OK for your opponent to hit you on the back of the head.

Multiple people are wrong. You're one of them and your last post shows total ignorance of the most basic rules of the sport. There are certain areas of the body a boxer can hit and the back of the head is not one of them. There is no rule that says that if you turn then its OK for your opponent to hit you on the back of the head.

So what is the proper call then, deduct a point or a DQ? That doesn't make any sense because everyone would just duck to turn to expose the back of their head to try and draw the penalty. You are being a but hurt bitch.

@fdswer
Here is a to the ABC rules and here is the number 1 foul on the list is-

1. Hitting an opponent below the navel or behind the ear;

https://www.abcboxing.com/abc-regulatory-guidelines/

Like I said to others, a blow behind the head is treated exactly like a blow below the belt. Its never a legal blow.

Notice it doesn't say anywhere there is an exception. It is a foul, therefore, an illegal blow. Period. The only distinction is if the foul is deliberate or not.

Watched the fight again. WIlder despite being in dire straights,tried his damned best to hang on. Clearly his equilibrium was all fucked up,but the guy didnt wanna quit. For him to go on past round 5 was sheer will.

I feel like you are ignoring the fact that this is a well known grey area in all of combat sports. You were comparing it to low blows earlier, but low blows are a lot more cut and dry that "rabbit punches" in boxing. Particularly in a case like this, where there is clearly no intent, and with both guys moving regularly within the parameters of a fist fight, where there are small margins of error.

You called it dirty earlier. The word dirty, to me, implies intent.

And yes, I know I am going against saying you are not someone worth conversing with earlier. But you are still going, and whatever.

@fdswer

Like I said to others, a blow behind the head is treated exactly like a blow below the belt. Its never a legal blow.

Notice it doesn't say anywhere there is an exception. It is a foul, therefore, an illegal blow. Period. The only distinction is if the foul is deliberate or not.

turning away from your opponent is also a foul

Everyone knows hitting your opponent in the back of the head is illegal dumb ass, but if you are putting yourself into a position to get hit in the back of the head its not a foul how dense are you.

@fdswer

Even looking at that, if shots don't directly hit the balls, they land below the navel all the time. And aren't called, or even judged in any way by the general public. The rules aren't this black and white.

I feel like you are ignoring the fact that this is a well known grey area in all of combat sports. You were comparing it to low blows earlier, but low blows are a lot more cut and dry that "rabbit punches" in boxing. Particularly in a case like this, where there is clearly no intent, and with both guys moving regularly within the parameters of a fist fight, where there are small margins of error.

You called it dirty earlier. The word dirty, to me, implies intent.

And yes, I know I am going against saying you are not someone worth conversing with earlier. But you are still going, and whatever.
I thought it was a bit of a dirty shot but not that bad.
Fury fought a little dirty in there all night. He lost a point, remember.

You’re acting as if the punch was the same as if Wilder had been running away and Fury ran up and clobbered him in the back of the head. If you think that ALL instances of a punch landing in the back are the same and should be treated as such, I’d say you haven’t watched much boxing.

turning away from your opponent is also a foul

Everyone knows hitting your opponent in the back of the head is illegal dumb ass, but if you are putting yourself into a position to get hit in the back of the head its not a foul how dense are you.
He didn't turn away in the manner you're referencing. if you turn your back and walk away from the action and the ref stops it, Its not a foul, its quitting. That is not what Wilder did there so stop saying it. You're just making shit up hoping people reading it won't know better. Wilder threw a jab as Fury did , missed and he fell in. He didn't "turn away."

Even looking at that, if shots don't directly hit the balls, they land below the navel all the time. And aren't called, or even judged in any way by the general public. The rules aren't this black and white.
They are actually.
Any shot below the belt is illegal, even if its not a ball shot. A punch to the hip is illegal and if a ref doesn't call it, then he's a shitty ref.

Back