Official UFC on Fox 17 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

2015 year in review

unit: $100.00

2015: +174.59u

ufc: +147.05u
bellator: +20.62u
invicta: +3.21u
wsof: +0.57u
titan: +3.57u
others: -0.43u (interesting)

---------------------

You ended up doing quite a few breakdowns here. Next year maybe you could throw in a category for "Weight-Class" See how that heavyweight division plays out compared to the others. :)

NBA

i normally like to bet on home teams in spreads of +/- 3 points but i think the road favorite Thunder are the right side tonight. The clippers had success against the Thunder last season (winning 3/4) but Durant only played in one of those games. A healthy Thunder team is actually a nightmare match up for the Clippers.The only factor keeping me from making this a multiple unit bet is the fact that Blake and Redick have acknowledged that they keep losing to the better teams in the league. This might mean the Clippers put in 110% effort tonight to correct that trend. For what it's worth, the Thunder are actually a much better home team than road team so there is reason enough to make an argument for the Clippers. I just feel like they get overwhelmed by the Thunder tonight

Thunder -1.5 for 1u
You got me. Tailed. Ride or die.

I hit these props for UFC 195:

Robbie Lawler wins by 5 round decision +201
Robbie Lawler wins by split/majority decision +831
Andrei Arlovski by KO/TKO +505

Anyone else like Brandao at dogs odds? Maybe even Brandao ITD?

I hit these props for UFC 195:

Robbie Lawler wins by 5 round decision +201
Robbie Lawler wins by split/majority decision +831
Andrei Arlovski by KO/TKO +505
I took both Robbie and Condit's split/maj lines. Essentially betting the fight goes to a split decision. The regular decision line is -125.

Basically +4xx if Robbie wins a split or +5xx if Condit wins a split

Anyone else like Brandao at dogs odds? Maybe even Brandao ITD?
Definitely. I'm surprised his line is that good. I don't see how DG couldn't be competitive in the same way Tavares was against Ortega, and the line is almost 2 to 1 now. Ortega did show some real grit in the fight, so he could make DG wilt in later rounds and get a sub, but I think DG's cardio/heart issues are a bit overblown in general.

And he doesn't have that many bad losses, he's actually a pretty consistent winner. Yeah, I know he got ktfo'd against Poirier and Connor, but those are 2 very dangerous high-level guys. I think he could catch Ortega with something in the stand up.

Last edited:
lol hate to bring this Miss Universe shit up again... But remember the top 3 part where all the other contestants were the "6th" judge and individually voted for the winner? According to Miss Germany, not even ONE of them voted for Miss Philippines. I just thought that was interesting

Hey guys,

Saw a few other people thanking the regs itt and I wanted to do the same. Followed this thread for awhile and would throw random parlays together for action, but just started taking some of your guys advice and keeping track of units and managing a small bankroll beginning in December. So far up 34.8u ($5 is my current unit size, will go up to $10 beginning next event) mainly from going off what I know of fighters and then using this thread to either tail or reinforce my initial lean/back off of it altogether :) . Anyways I am going to try to post anything I find useful so I am not a total mooch! Hopefully the Gunnar quote I found got some of you off him or heavier on Maia. Anyways, I hope you all have a great break for the Holidays and a Happy New Years!

UFC 195 - Bantamweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sat 1/2 1501 Masanori Kanehara +285 o1½ -180
9:30PM 1502 Michael McDonald -405 u1½ +140
UFC 195 - Lightweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sat 1/2 1701 Scott Holtzman -175 o2½ -215
8:30PM 1702 Drew Dober +135 u2½ +165
Sat 1/2 1801 Tony Sims -105 o1½ -140
8:00PM 1802 Abel Trujillo -135 u1½ +100
Sat 1/2 1901 Dustin Poirier +190 o1½ -135
7:30PM 1902 Joe Duffy -230 u1½ +115
UFC 195 - Bantamweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sat 1/2 2001 Joe Soto -105 o2½ -190
7:00PM 2002 Michinori Tanaka -135 u2½ +150

ummmmmmmmm idk

i was hoping sims would be a bigger dog i guess

kanehara i actually like but that shit will get better

UFC 195 - Welterweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sat 1/2 2101 Sheldon Westcott -150 o1½ -150
6:30PM 2102 Edgar Garcia +110 u1½ +110

You ended up doing quite a few breakdowns here. Next year maybe you could throw in a category for "Weight-Class" See how that heavyweight division plays out compared to the others. :)

yep i should work that in

whoa, trujillo -135 to +125 fast

i think that line will bounce back, hitting +125. not sure who i'll settle on in the fight.

ansaroff isn't anything special, but i'm scared to lay that much on kish

you prolly making a good bet, tho
Slightly worried about her knee, but her line is already up to -265. I was thinking she'd open around -300, tbh

Nice bet on Abel, I tried catching that but it's already at -105

mulling over dober as the dog.. tanaka... anyone know why tanaka has been out all year?

Back