Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Helwani said this could very well be the last TUF season. This MMALOGIC guy that leaked some stuff isn't a credible source, in my opinion.
This will be a good point to tell just how credible he is. They usually tape a new season during the air time of the current one like they will be doing now. For example, so while the 145 season is airing on FS1 they would be taping the assumed 105 season. If he MMALOGIC gets this detail wrong then I will throw him into unreliable source pile since its such a big detail and it would make it multiple inaccuracies in his leak.

Tuf 26 began filming early July, straight after the tuf 25 finale on 7th July. They ended filming towards the end of August. The show then aired August 30 through to November 29, with the live finale on Ist December. So last year at least they weren't filming while the previous show was airing.

f4a5168b3ccbbccbbfa3ce738396e3a1.png

Tuf 26 began filming early July, straight after the tuf 25 finale on 7th July. They ended filming towards the end of August. The show then aired August 30 through to November 29, with the live finale on Ist December. So last year at least they weren't filming while the previous show was airing.
It looks like the start times vary then because what you said is correct. However, they began taping TUF24 during the taping of TUF23. This is where I remembered it happening because I only pay attention to the WMMA TUF shows.

TUF 23 Finale Date: In July
TUF24 Start Taping: In June

source:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/...ason-24-confirmed-winner-to-receive-flyweight

If anyone finds any social media posts or articles on any 145ers who will try out post it here please. 145 is my least favorite WMMA division but I will definitely watch this TUF to support WMMA. I will start with Pam Sorenson.

Cindy Dandois has been retweeting stuff that seemingly confirms she will be trying out as well. I can't see her not winning the tourney if she gets on honestly.

Cindy Dandois has been retweeting stuff that seemingly confirms she will be trying out as well. I can't see her not winning the tourney if she gets on honestly.

Well, if she wants Cyborg, all she has to do is win a tournament and she'll get her shot.

She needs to take advantage of the opportunity and at least get her striking above MY level for fucks sake.

I'm a bit surprised they're putting this much effort into 145.... about time they committed to it (even if it'll still suck)

iirc every female tuf has been won by a strong grappler, correct?

If anyone finds any social media posts or articles on any 145ers who will try out post it here please. 145 is my least favorite WMMA division but I will definitely watch this TUF to support WMMA. I will start with Pam Sorenson.

One of the best bits of following the wmma tufs is the detective/guesswork involved, who was seen at the try outs, who has gone silent on social media etc ..... you had a good coup on tuf 26 identifying the last four from that TV interview.

One of the best bits of following the wmma tufs is the detective/guesswork involved, who was seen at the try outs, who has gone silent on social media etc ..... you had a good coup on tuf 26 identifying the last four from that TV interview.

I was real careful with what I read and saw for that one, and avoided all spoilers.

I won't care as much this time around though.... so maybe I'll follow along on this one.

If they do 105, I won't even fucking log on here. haha.

That may well be the main reason she won't get chosen, the fact she might/would win.

iirc every female tuf has been won by a strong grappler, correct?

Nicco was more of an all-rounder

same the year before.

remember mcgregor went straight to tuf after 189

The December finale edition of TUF always starts filming the week after international fight week

The Fightweek finale of TUF starts filming in Jan/Feb

It looks like the start times vary then because what you said is correct. However, they began taping TUF24 during the taping of TUF23. This is where I remembered it happening because I only pay attention to the WMMA TUF shows.

TUF 23 Finale Date: In July
TUF24 Start Taping: In June

source:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/...ason-24-confirmed-winner-to-receive-flyweight

that "begin filming" doesnt really say much.

bear in mind they have loads of film of them at home with their family, walking their dog etc.

the june segment of filming could very well be remote crews out filming the baclground stuff.. then they move into the house in july after IFW

"Step right up ladies, step right up! Enter a house full of type a personalities for six weeks, fight your way through your housemates, and you, too, could win a chance to be the next can that gets crushed by Cyborg!!!"

What a joke.

I did not see anyone mention it here but someone from the main forum brought up the possibility that Bec was cut. She changed the UFC Flyweight to just flyweight on all her social media and has been talking back and forward with bare knuckle boxing about being their 1st female fighter. I knew she was on a losing streak but I did not know it was this bad. Her last win was March 2016 in a fight that she got a bad decision win against Ham. If not for that fight her only win would be against Lisa Ellis. That is VERY BAD.

I did not see anyone mention it here but someone from the main forum brought up the possibility that Bec was cut. She changed the UFC Flyweight to just flyweight on all her social media and has been talking back and forward with bare knuckle boxing about being their 1st female fighter. I knew she was on a losing streak but I did not know it was this bad. Her last win was March 2016 in a fight that she got a bad decision win against Ham. If not for that fight her only win would be against Lisa Ellis. That is VERY BAD.

She is a great example of what a lack of discipline does to a fight career. Lack of focus on fundamentals, lack of discipline with respect to body composition outside of camp, etc. A fight is not just 15 minutes, or even the 15 weeks before a fight, but the grind that leads up to it year after year. This is why one of the comments made in the main about "getting paid x amount for a few minutes work" shows such a glaring degree of ignorance.

She is a great example of what a lack of discipline does to a fight career. Lack of focus on fundamentals, lack of discipline with respect to body composition outside of camp, etc. A fight is not just 15 minutes, or even the 15 weeks before a fight, but the grind that leads up to it year after year. This is why one of the comments made in the main about "getting paid x amount for a few minutes work" shows such a glaring degree of ignorance.
No clue what you are talking about. Bec is the poster child for discipline.

"Step right up ladies, step right up! Enter a house full of type a personalities for six weeks, fight your way through your housemates, and you, too, could win a chance to be the next can that gets crushed by Cyborg!!!"

What a joke.

Look on the bright side, 135 will be getting some much needed fighters out of this season, cause that's where half the fighters will end up.

Back