Official Women's Division Discussion #25

First season of TUF to run a three person round robin tournament format.

They're inviting female featherweights to the next tuf. I assume not enough will show up though
Dandois will likely show up. Charmaine Tweet might. Besides some others like Latoya Walker and Jessy Miele I'm not sure.
Pam Sorensen said she's trying out.
This should’ve been an Atomweight season, or Bantamweight season. There’s enough talent out there for 16 135lb or 105lb Women.

As it is 145 tho; Pam, Cindy and Felicia, are obvious choices.

Besides them, some candidates would be
Leah Letson (Signed to UFC)
Latoya Walker (Inactive and old)
Charmaine Tweet (Inactive in MMA and old)
Zarah Dos Santos (No English)
Larissa Pacheco (No English)
Zamzagul Fayzallonova (No English)
Karol Rosa (No English)
Jessy Miele (135 lb fighter)
Jennifer Leigh Norris (135 lb fighter)
Bobbi Dalziel (155 lb fighter)
Wendy Rodriguez (135 lb Fighter)
Katarzyna Sadura (135 lb Fighter)
Mariah Prussia (135 lb Fighter)
Duda Cowboyzinha (135 lb Fighter)
Kelly McGill (135 lb Fighter)
Amy Coleman
Jessica Zomcik (Inactive)

If they ignore records for the season, as they’ve done for women in the past.. You’d have Akeela Al-hameed, Colbey Northcutt, Cheri Muraski, Allison Schidmt, Macy Chiasson, Jasmine Crawford, and Courtney King all at least having pro fights.

If they allow amateurs in, there’s Laura Sanchez, Anna Dempster, and Taniesha Tennant.

Also there is Danyelle Wolfe to think of, if she shows up and can make 145 regularly, you’re crazy if you think they’re turning her away.

Last edited:
So it seems there will be some requirements for the candidates this season. It's for both women's featherweight and men's heavyweights:

- Between 21 and 34 years old
- At least 3 professional fights
- Winning record

With these restrictions all you have to do is show up at the try outs and you're probably in..

I compiled a list of fighters i think will be interested, feel free to remember me of other names so i can add to this post.

Cindy Dandois (12-3) - 33y - BEL
Daria Ibragimova (9-2) - 33y - RUS
Pamela Sorenson (7-2) - 32y - USA
Zarah Fairn Dos Santos (6-2) - 31y - FRA
Bobbi Jo Dalziel (3-0) - 31y - CAN
Helena Kolesnyk (5-1) - 28y - UKR
Felicia Spencer (4-0) - 27y - USA
Martyna Czech (3-0) - 27y - POL
Leah Letson (4-1) - 25y - USA
Zamzagul Fayzallanova (5-1) - 24y - KAZ
Larissa Pacheco (11-2) - 23y - BRA
Duda Santana (3-0) - 21y - BRA

Last edited:
They'll probably ignore records.Might even ignore age for a few like they did with Honchak. You can't tell me that if Colbey Northcutt shows up they'll reject her for her record.
I wouldn't be shocked if Pannie Kianzad showed up as well.

They gave Roxy a second chance, i don't think there's any reason to believe they wouldn't give Cindy as well, Roxy had amateurish striking back then too
That's pretty insulting to Roxy. Her striking was no where near as shitty as Cindy. Additionally, Roxy went to a better camp to improve her standup. Meanwhile, Cindy thinks she's perfect the way she is.

That's pretty insulting to Roxy. Her striking was no where near as shitty as Cindy. Additionally, Roxy went to a better camp to improve her standup. Meanwhile, Cindy thinks she's perfect the way she is.
I didn't said it was at the same lv, but fact is if they ignored Roxy's terrible striking years ago, they could forget about Dandois's striking as well, let's not act like everyone in UFC is a K1 elite fighter, Colby Covington has regional lv striking and is a top 3 welterweight just with good cardio, phenomenal wrestling and good BJJ.. Look to Curtis Blaydes boxing lol, Dandois compensates with her grappling, the problem was the terrible match up they gave her: another beast of a grappler, in Davis.

They'll probably ignore records.Might even ignore age for a few like they did with Honchak. You can't tell me that if Colbey Northcutt shows up they'll reject her for her record.
922a555cea1d954e099644d08f7e835a.png

So this will be like tuf 23 and they'll only need to find 8 featherweights?

I'm glad they're not using tuf to find an atomweight champ. Crazy to crown someone when you rule out non-English speakers and girls who'll find the cuts in the house too difficult.

Hopefully they will have a 105 division but I guess they'll have to find another way to select the first belt holder ....... just install the Invicta champ perhaps, whoever that might be.

Yeah, they say that every time.
Well, at the TUF 26 (125 lbs) they respected it, giving just a exception for Honchak, who was a former champ.. All fighters had at least 3 pro bouts and no one had a losing record, some had a even record though, meaning it would probably still apply. Like i said, other than Honchak, no one was 35 years old or older.

I remember reading from some fighters that their record wasn't enough, so yeah i don't think they'd give 0-1 Northcutt a shot..

0703286e4cccf4ded9a0d958a427015a.png

Same thing with Danyelle Wolfe I woul think too.

Also I guess Van Duin must be considered as well.

Well, at the TUF 26 (125 lbs) they respected it, giving just a exception for Honchak, who was a former champ.. All fighters had at least 3 pro bouts and no one had a losing record, some had a even record though, meaning it would probably still apply. Like i said, other than Honchak, no one was 35 years old or older.

I remember reading from some fighters that their record wasn't enough, so yeah i don't think they'd give 0-1 Northcutt a shot..

0703286e4cccf4ded9a0d958a427015a.png
At 125, there are a lot more options than at 145, to be fair to them.

So this will be like tuf 23 and they'll only need to find 8 featherweights?

I'm glad they're not using tuf to find an atomweight champ. Crazy to crown someone when you rule out non-English speakers and girls who'll find the cuts in the house too difficult.

Hopefully they will have a 105 division but I guess they'll have to find another way to select the first belt holder ....... just install the Invicta champ perhaps, whoever that might be.
I would not get too happy about TUF not doing 105 this season. The leak said the last season of TUF will be 105 not the next season. So you are not out of the woods yet. There is a possibility they might tape 1 more season before the end of the current TV contract. I believe it ends at the end of the year.

I personally don't mind TUF being used to crown champions because the division corrects itself pretty fast anyway. 115 corrected itself the 1st title fight after the show. 125 will do the same when Valentina and/or Maia get a crack it.

They gave Roxy a second chance, i don't think there's any reason to believe they wouldn't give Cindy as well, Roxy had amateurish striking back then too

It would be entertaining, seeing if they can dramatically improve her striking. She's already very good in other areas of her game.

I would not get too happy about TUF not doing 105 this season. The leak said the last season of TUF will be 105 not the next season. So you are not out of the woods yet. There is a possibility they might tape 1 more season before the end of the current TV contract. I believe it ends at the end of the year.

I personally don't mind TUF being used to crown champions because the division corrects itself pretty fast anyway. 115 corrected itself the 1st title fight after the show. 125 will do the same when Valentina and/or Maia get a crack it.

Oh I figured that as this season was on the same timescale as tuf 26 - try outs end of May, finale early December then that would be it, certainly hope so. They need to come up with a better idea if they want to bring in atomweight, maybe a mini tournament like that Rizin one Asakura won.

Hey y'all. I don't know if this was posted already but Rizlen Zouak (3-0-0) has her next fight set: vs. Amanda Lino (3-1-0) for the EFC Women's Bantamweight Championship on May 26th. I think Zouak's got this.

Also think Nogueira will submit Budd and become the new champ, and I'm kinda excited for FW TUF. Hope Latoya Walker goes for it!

Helwani said this could very well be the last TUF season. This MMALOGIC guy that leaked some stuff isn't a credible source, in my opinion.

Back