Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Here is a rundown of the weekend and where to watch:

Friday

• 3 p.m. pst/6 p.m. est - TKO (UFC Fight Pass) Sylwia Juśkiewicz vs. Alyssa Krahn & Maggie Poulin vs. Jade Wong
  • 4 p.m. pst/7 p.m. est - Reality Fighting (Fite.tv) Grace Nowak vs. Marisa Messer-Belenchia (amateur bout)
  • 6 p.m. pst/9 p.m. est - InvictaFC 29 (UFC Fight Pass); LFA (AXSTV) Maycee Barber vs. Audrey Perkins
  • 9 p.m. pst/Midnight est - KOTC (Facebook) Andy Nguyen vs. Cassie Robb
Saturday

• 7 p.m. pst/11 p.m. est - (HBO) Cecilia Braekhus vs. Kali Reis (Boxing)
  • 11:30 p.m.pst/2:30 a.m. est Rizin (Fite.tv)

This is awesome. Thanks!

Does anyone know if Invicta airs on Fight Pass right after (or pretty soon after) it's over? Just remembered I made plans for earlier Friday evening & would love to watch it when I'm back home.

ezgif-5-c19bf7f4c0.gif

i blame her bad influences

5ff07daf255745122cb412f938061a85.png

Last edited:
That bust up was pretty funny. Not sure what was going on there, seemed like Acioly went in on Pearl. Love how most all wear unique stuff & it all rolls along quick.
I didn't think Acioly did anything wrong in the begining, Pearl moved towards her fist which she took offence to and shit hit the fan after that.

Ooooh wasn't expect that view.

<{jackyeah}>

I didn't think Acioly did anything wrong in the begining, Pearl moved towards her fist which she took offence to and shit hit the fan after that.

Ooooh wasn't expect that view.

<{jackyeah}>

Gonzales moved towards her, but Acioly initiated contact. I put it entirely on Acioly. Close proximity during faceoffs happens all the time, it's kind of the whole point; contact tends to escalate things very quickly. I always wanted to see one of Bisping's opponents pop him for the little forehead pushing shit he always pulled during faceoffs.

Gonzales moved towards her, but Acioly initiated contact. I put it entirely on Acioly. Close proximity during faceoffs happens all the time, it's kind of the whole point; contact tends to escalate things very quickly. I always wanted to see one of Bisping's opponents pop him for the little forehead pushing shit he always pulled during faceoffs.

I completely disagree but whatever.

On Friday night at Invicta FC 29, Sarah Kaufman, the former Hardcore Championship Fighting and Strikeforce bantamweight champion will vie for her third promotional world title, this time under the Invicta banner. Standing across the cage from Kaufman will be divisional upstart and undefeated fighter Katharina Lehner, but the focus of this article isn’t on her. Today we focus on Kaufman -- the technical, tactical, and physical traits that have defined her as a fighter, as well as the impact of moving forward in her career as an defending Invicta champion or as a reacquired bantamweight on the Ultimate Fighting Championship roster.

http://blog.mmaratings.net/2018/05/invicta-fc-29-sarah-kaufman-good-bad.html

I completely disagree but whatever.

This is one of the things I love about the WMMA discussion here. We disagree, but we don't feel the need to devolve into personal attacks or flame wars. I do see your point, and personally, I much prefer face offs like between Lehner and Kaufman.

Does anyone know if Invicta airs on Fight Pass right after (or pretty soon after) it's over? Just remembered I made plans for earlier Friday evening & would love to watch it when I'm back home.

Yup, its available as it happens... if you get home halfway through, you can load it up and just rewind to the beginning, no need to wait til it finishes (just be careful you don't spoil something since it'll load live.)

This is one of the things I love about the WMMA discussion here. We disagree, but we don't feel the need to devolve into personal attacks or flame wars. I do see your point, and personally, I much prefer face offs like between Lehner and Kaufman.

Same here.

Looking forward to Acioly - Gonzalez. Great seeing Kaufman again. I love everything with Invicta cards!

Yup, its available as it happens... if you get home halfway through, you can load it up and just rewind to the beginning, no need to wait til it finishes (just be careful you don't spoil something since it'll load live.)

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it too and have a great weekend.

It's kinda strange to see Kaufman fight in Invicta. I mean, invicta is a great place for developing fighters and fighters who don't have their weight class in the UFC, but Sarah beats most of the UFC top 10 at 135 IMHO.

I guess they released her because her showings in her fights in the UFC weren't really impressive to them? I mean she didn't have the best run... I'm sure she'll be back on the radar soon anyway. Kaufman could definitely beat majority of the current top ten.

Last edited:
Jessica & Angela: please do a 'Drunk History of WMMA.'

Not sure if anyone saw this but I expect a lot of comments

BKB is already stupid enough for me, but BKB + Rawlings is such a joke.. good luck to them i guess. (not really)

As much as Invcta was a solid card, got to admit the Maycee Barber vs. Audrey Perkins at LFA was FOTN they are repeating in in a little over an hour on AXS TV in case you missed it

I guess they released her because her showings in her fights in the UFC weren't really impressive to them? I mean she didn't have the best run... I'm sure she'll be back on the radar soon anyway. Kaufman could definitely beat majority of the current top ten.

Unfortunately, I believe Kaufman was released as much because she is not conventionally attractive as any shortcoming in her fighting. That, coupled with her lack of finishes means she would be held to a higher standard. It sucks, because she's a great fighter and seems to be a really cool person.

Back