Official Women's Divisions Dicussion Thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, that does it, Sean Shelby pulled another 'Holly'..........what did Markos ever do to you, Sean??? :(

#RandaAndRondaShowGoesBoom!

Leterneau barley made top ten, gets shot. Randa been sitting top 5 from the jump..... stay put.

Welp, that does it, Sean Shelby pulled another 'Holly'..........what did Markos ever do to you, Sean??? :(

#RandaAndRondaShowGoesBoom!

Leterneau barley made top ten, gets shot. Randa been sitting top 5 from the jump..... stay put.

i like randa but shelby did her a favour, she would get mauled by Jedrzejczyk.
valerie has a better chance against her, a big ask, but a better chance.
dont know why randa cant get a fight though, maybe homeless incessant tweeting is pissing shelby off and hes doing it out of spite :D

i like randa but shelby did her a favour, she would get mauled by Jedrzejczyk.
valerie has a better chance against her, a big ask, but a better chance.
dont know why randa cant get a fight though, maybe homeless incessant tweeting is pissing shelby off and hes doing it out of spite :D

curry, what you think about Moroz vs. Markos at 193? M&M Down Under!!! Markos gotta prove that she can withstand a barrage, punches-in-bunches fighter like JJ before she gets a shot, and Moroz really had some crisp striking and the kind of aggressiveness that can bring a great fight out for both involved.

that would be a more respectable matchup for both fighters, and would be fairly even i think.markos is strong but moroz maybe has better striking. then again randa has had a lot of time to improve :icon_chee

that would be a more respectable matchup for both fighters, and would be fairly even i think.markos is strong but moroz maybe has better striking. then again randa has had a lot of time to improve :icon_chee

I agree, and well put, too! And it doesn't have to be at 193, they got alot of spots open for that Korea card, as well as the 2 Vegas cards just announced Dec.10 & 11, the TUF Finals (alum alert!), and the FN80 Cosmo Chelsea card... interesting.

ALso, the Mexico card has potential, but JAG has been campaigning to be on it, as a homecoming of sorts, so maybe she's in the mix, too? Also Penne is coming off a loss, too, so good potential for some interesting matchups ahead for the rest of the year! :cool:

Wouldn't doubt it...

bastard.gif

Future women's champion in the making?

[YT]dFGf9EjjM5Y[/YT]
[YT]TSwpeL2O2XY[/YT]

Last edited:
I'm a Miesha fan and a Carla fan, but the way the UFC and Shelby seem to ignore Kaufman and Markos is disgraceful. They both fought on April 26th, both were good to go again soon after, both have been campaigning regularly on social media but still nothing :( (I know Kaufman had taken the Holm fight initially, but even that was a strange booking IMO). I've said this before, but I think Shelby is an absolutely terrible matchmaker for the 2 women's divisions and someone else altogether should be doing it.

Kaufman vs Bethe
Markos vs Aguilar, JoJo or Moroz

Seems pretty simple to me.

Shelby gonna Shelby, though....

I'm a Miesha fan and a Carla fan, but the way the UFC and Shelby seem to ignore Kaufman and Markos is disgraceful. They both fought on April 26th, both were good to go again soon after, both have been campaigning regularly on social media but still nothing :( (I know Kaufman had taken the Holm fight initially, but even that was a strange booking IMO). I've said this before, but I think Shelby is an absolutely terrible matchmaker for the 2 women's divisions and someone else altogether should be doing it.

Kaufman vs Bethe
Markos vs Aguilar, JoJo or Moroz

Seems pretty simple to me.

Shelby gonna Shelby, though....

He's beyond bad.

if i had a dollar for every thread bitching about paige van zant that has appeared within 1 minute of her win......

The-Place-Beyond-the-Pines-Luke-Counting-Cash.jpg

She's ready for a title shot. 3-0 UFC, top ten, what else does she need?

They should book Markos vs PVZ. Probably not going to happen considering the UFC seem to have some plan about shelving Markos indefinitely though.

Apart from the slick armbar, PVZ didn't look that amazing tonight. Her striking, while much improved since the Tecia fight, still isn't good enough to hang with the best 5 in the division. It's not like she totally destroyed Chambers either, who is small and old at this point, I think. I think PVZ gets hurt badly by the top heap of the division.

Nice comeback win by Rocky too. She was losing that fight pretty handily.

it wasnt so much a comeback by rocky but the patented brainfart by andrade, she did the same thing against marion reneau.
alex chambers was doing ok in round 1 but ran out of gas against a much younger opponent. i agree pvz hasnt got anything to worry the top 5. but she still young yet
leto has a wish to see her get mauled by jo jed, but that would be seriously premature if they put her in now. knowing shelby he will announce it next week

PVZ vs Thug Rose (after she likely beats Hill) is the fight to make, IMO. Or if they want to go the veteran route again, Heather Clark would be an interesting opponent.

They should book Markos vs PVZ. Probably not going to happen considering the UFC seem to have some plan about shelving Markos indefinitely though.

Apart from the slick armbar, PVZ didn't look that amazing tonight. Her striking, while much improved since the Tecia fight, still isn't good enough to hang with the best 5 in the division. It's not like she totally destroyed Chambers either, who is small and old at this point, I think. I think PVZ gets hurt badly by the top heap of the division.

Nice comeback win by Rocky too. She was losing that fight pretty handily.

I guarantee Randa finishes Paige.

No complaints from me!

Should have Vanzant headline that Dec 10 Fight Pass card against Juliana Lima (more winnable fight than Markos; Lima isn't much of a finisher). Lima would be a rough test, but she seems to tire easily, and five rounds would really favor Vanzant. *Awful to watch Brazilian grinders are a right of passage in other divisions.

Then in spring have Vanzant (assuming she could beat Lima) fight the winner of Torres/Waterson. That'd be almost a legit challenger ready to go after Gadelha whom I would guess will be fighting JJ in spring barring injury or some crazy Canadian Val performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back